• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do y'all think this TJ Oshit deal is likely to happen, or is it just rumors being tossed around???

I'm sure they'll kick the tires, but unless they can move MacDonald without bringing back another bad contract in return I think it's unlikely. Maybe if the team was one or two players away from a Cup...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with the Vecchione signing.. and presumably adding Lindblom to the fold.. assuming they want to keep Weal..

Weal.Giroux.Voracek
Lindblom.Filpula.Simmonds
Schenn.Couturier.Weiss
PEB.Vecchione.Konecny

Still have Raffl and Read hanging around too. And Laughton/Leier at least pushing for it.

the forwards might be just as interesting in training camp as the dmen at this rate..

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with the Vecchione signing.. and presumably adding Lindblom to the fold.. assuming they want to keep Weal..

Weal.Giroux.Voracek
Lindblom.Filpula.Simmonds
Schenn.Couturier.Weiss
PEB.Vecchione.Konecny

Still have Raffl and Read hanging around too. And Laughton/Leier at least pushing for it.

the forwards might be just as interesting in training camp as the dmen at this rate..
You also may be able to plug Oshie into that line up

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take Konecny for Saturday against the Deviled Eggs.....

provorov.jpg

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also may be able to plug Oshie into that line up

i like Oshie a lot, would love to add him. but i don't know that we've seen anything like a concrete rumor linking him with the flyers. just a blogger hypothesizing it'd be a good fit.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll ride with my boy Schenn again. He has been big for me lately.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmer is a good bet. I love how this team has come together of late, kind of late however.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally got a chance to watch the last game. I can't for the life of me understand why they keep blacking out home games or games against nearby teams on fucking Nhl Center Ice that I paid for when I fucking live in Virginia. It should only be blacked out when we play the Caps.

That said, it was pretty ironic to watch a game where we literally did enough in the 1st period to take the next two periods off. And, we almost did pack it in and go home after one. Really nice to get some big time revenge on another division rival and seriously hurt them in the standings, but we gain nothing since Boston, Tampa and Toronto all won as well.

Mase probably turns out to be the number one star too after standing on his head in the second period when we could barely enter their zone.

Unless we avenge some terrible losses to NJ with a big win today and have Tampa/Boston both lose, this silly playoff quest is definitely over...Lol I say silly because it's really too little, too late. If we had been playing like this in February, we'd already have a playoff spot right now. Instead, we screwed around and only got nine points out of that entire month. Not sure exactly why we were riding Neuvy back then either. Maybe Mase really did get injured in the last game of January against Carolina.

Anyway, it was obviously incredible to see 11 different players get points Thursday night and Weise/Simmonds both get Gordie Howe hat tricks in one period. Couturier continues to be in beast mode. 14 points, 32 shots, a +16 and 132 faceoffs won in just March alone. Those are like Patrice Bergeron in his prime type numbers there (or better). I mean, I know everyone wants him to do it for a whole season, but I will definitely give him props for an entire month of it.

It does make you wonder where in the hell this offensive explosion has been all season long early on in games...?

Today, all I'm really thinking about is clobbering NJ for those beatdowns we took from them earlier this season. If Tampa, Boston or Toronto happen to also lose in regulation, that's just a bonus.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do y'all think this TJ Oshit deal is likely to happen, or is it just rumors being tossed around???

Sure there will be an interest, by how many other teams is the question and how much is it going to cost. Would like to have these caliber players but not at the expense of the future.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This weekend alone essentially tells us whether we make the playoffs. We need about four teams to lose and half of those have a game in hand on us. That's the issue here. We just didn't take enough games to OT this season. Look at Toronto. They actually did and are sitting in a much better spot right now because of it. I've counted 16 one goal losses this season, not including ones in which we gave up an empty netter. That's just too many points lost in tight games.

Our OT and shootout records have actually both been solid, we just lost too many close games in regulation. Then we let ourselves get blown away by the fucking Devils and Coyotes far too often also. Those are two of the three worst Nhl teams.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore, as much as I love destroying Pittsburgh in their building, these convincing wins as of late are really just teasing the shit out of us as fans. I mean, is this the team we thought we had to start the season or is desperation just setting in and luck finally going our way? Have the additions of Filppula and Weal really made us a true contender? If so, why not re-sign Weal already? Does Weise suddenly get protected over Raffl? Is Couturier really this much of a beast? Has Ghost finally come to life for good? Is Mase going to get signed? MacDonald dealt? If so, a top six winger acquired? So many unanswered questions.

Say we were to somehow run the table and finish the season 8-0. I think we miss the playoffs regardless and this ends up being a massive cocktease scenario...Lol Win streaks of 8 and 10, only to still miss the fucking playoffs...Rofl

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Florida to take it to Boston here in the 3rd period or the Bruins will just about be out of reach for us.

Sort of ironic here how these teams were tripping all over themselves weeks ago and now they are all winning just when we are too...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Boston wins, so this is all but over. We would need to win out and have them go winless with 1 point or fewer to get by them. Either that or have Toronto lose 5 of their last 6.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf.....

Damn thoughts and prayers to Neuvy.

That was some scary Shit.