• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These physical games are awesome. Hope this heart continues into next season, Old school Flyers Hockey Baby!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is now 2 games ina row I nailed the player scoring first. Schenn has been my go to guy for these games. What a season for my man.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Neuvy has a quick recovery. That was scary stuff just seeing him collapse the way he did. Stolrz did well coming off the bench with no warm up. I hate seeing these kinds of things happening. My chest was tight seeing Neuvy go down like that and seeing the medical staff and everyone circle around. Does anyone know or any speculation what happened? I heard the flu bug is going around? Does he have a heart issue or history of heart issues?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Neuvy has a quick recovery. That was scary stuff just seeing him collapse the way he did. Stolrz did well coming off the bench with no warm up. I hate seeing these kinds of things happening. My chest was tight seeing Neuvy go down like that and seeing the medical staff and everyone circle around. Does anyone know or any speculation what happened? I heard the flu bug is going around? Does he have a heart issue or history of heart issues?

They were saying this, If that's the case it wouldn't take much to get dehydrated which could def make you go down. They said in the third that he was up and doing well but went to the hospital. I think he will be okay.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ Miles Wood during his exchange with Simmonds in the 3rd period right before they were both tossed. You can clearly read his lips and even hear some of it. Not sure exactly what Wayne said, but here's how Wood responded.

"You think you can fucking take me? I'd beat the fucking shit out of you."

Easy there kid, Wayne Simmonds would've fucking destroyed you if the refs hadn't stepped in. You know it, I know it and every player on both fucking teams knows it too.

Furthermore, Wood is now listed as day to day with a left shoulder or arm injury. 3 of his 8 goals on the season however were against us, so I guess he's got some serious balls on him whenever we're playing.

Feels so good to get some revenge against all of these teams and yes, even the fucking last place Devils. Why? Because our losses to them earlier this season really hurt and they've been bitter rivals of ours in the not so distant past.

I thought we could've easily put up a 5 or 6 spot again last night, with Giroux scoring a couple too, but he couldn't quite get it to go.

Obviously we hope Neuvy is alright, but it was also nice for Stolarz to come in so late and complete the shutout.

Can you imagine if we'd have stuck it to the Devils in all four games to date like we did last night instead of getting blown away in the first three? We could be fucking sitting in a tie with Boston for the final playoff spot as we speak.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, people like to say Gudas is a cheapshot artist or a thug, but how about Prout appearing to go high on him away from the play and while he's going to the bench?

This game was obviously physical and testy all around, but at least the hits by Weise and Gudas were actual hockey plays. Weise was just late and Gudas was clean.

They might consider suspending Prout however if Gudas is at all hurt, because that's how they seem to gauge these things.

Not sure that anything will come of any of this, but fuck the Devils. Bunch of pussies who probably would've been the worst Nhl team during any average year.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ Miles Wood during his exchange with Simmonds in the 3rd period right before they were both tossed. You can clearly read his lips and even hear some of it. Not sure exactly what Wayne said, but here's how Wood responded.

"You think you can fucking take me? I'd beat the fucking shit out of you."

Easy there kid, Wayne Simmonds would've fucking destroyed you if the refs hadn't stepped in. You know it, I know it and every player on both fucking teams knows it too.

Furthermore, Wood is now listed as day to day with a left shoulder or arm injury. 3 of his 8 goals on the season however were against us, so I guess he's got some serious balls on him whenever we're playing.

Feels so good to get some revenge against all of these teams and yes, even the fucking last place Devils. Why? Because our losses to them earlier this season really hurt and they've been bitter rivals of ours in the not so distant past.

I thought we could've easily put up a 5 or 6 spot again last night, with Giroux scoring a couple too, but he couldn't quite get it to go.

Obviously we hope Neuvy is alright, but it was also nice for Stolarz to come in so late and complete the shutout.

Can you imagine if we'd have stuck it to the Devils in all four games to date like we did last night instead of getting blown away in the first three? We could be fucking sitting in a tie with Boston for the final playoff spot as we speak.
That Mfer Wood did pretty good against Simmonds last time he may have even won the fight. I wanted Simmonds to beat his ass so bad and the linesmen stepped in very disappointed about that.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the teams in the league to eliminate us it had to be the Rags UGHHHH!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gee could somehow get back to normal skating wise we may be pretty good next season. If the young defenseman all pan out which is unlikely we could be pretty good for a while.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gee could somehow get back to normal skating wise we may be pretty good next season. If the young defenseman all pan out which is unlikely we could be pretty good for a while.
Rags continue to own us, but it won't be for much longer as Lundquist will eventually retire and the Flyers are on the rise and the Rags at some point will drop down a bit imo.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rags continue to own us, but it won't be for much longer as Lundquist will eventually retire and the Flyers are on the rise and the Rags at some point will drop down a bit imo.
You dont know how much i want this to happen and i want it to happen soon.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, people like to say Gudas is a cheapshot artist or a thug, but how about Prout appearing to go high on him away from the play and while he's going to the bench?

This game was obviously physical and testy all around, but at least the hits by Weise and Gudas were actual hockey plays. Weise was just late and Gudas was clean.

They might consider suspending Prout however if Gudas is at all hurt, because that's how they seem to gauge these things.

Not sure that anything will come of any of this, but fuck the Devils. Bunch of pussies who probably would've been the worst Nhl team during any average year.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/prout-to-have-hearing-for-interference-on-gudas-234907190.html

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont know how much i want this to happen and i want it to happen soon.
I think the tables may turn possibly starting next season? Lundquist has slowed down considerably and our group will continue to grow and develop. They at the very least have been able to compete against the Rags. A year plus ago, that wasn't really the case.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key is consistency they are too up and down. They were good enough to make it this year and should improve next year. Hopefully the young dmen make strides and improve the back end. Stolarz deserves to play too.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key is consistency they are too up and down. They were good enough to make it this year and should improve next year. Hopefully the young dmen make strides and improve the back end. Stolarz deserves to play too.
Consistency has been our problem for a few years and a few coaches now. I thought after our late run last season we figured it out but apparently not. Maybe the disappointment of not making it this year will wake them up. I agree and i think Stolarz plays, the two we have now are very soft and get hurt very easily.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 'realistic' hopes:

1. Giroux wasn't back to full strength after hernia surgery last summer. Comes back and can be a 1C again next year.

2. Lindblom makes the team and is given a longer leash than guys like Konecny were given this season. Hopefully he comes in, earns a top 6 spot, and keeps it.

3. Myers/Sanheim/Morin/Hagg, two of them make the NHL roster out of camp. My money would be on Hagg and Myers, with Morin and Sanheim anchoring the first pair for the Phantoms. Hopefully they come up at some point during the season.

4. The addition of two more youngsters on defense solidifies the D corp enough that the forwards don't have to play so conservatively and they can attack more and take more risks.

5. The plan for the Neuvy signing was solely as a backup goalie. They either give the reigns to Stolarz or sign a veteran on a 1-2 year deal, to be the starter. I'm not against that vet being Mase.

6. Vandevelde is not resigned.

7. Macdonald is not a regular in the lineup. Either 7th dman, demoted to the Phantoms, or picked by Vegas.

8. We move a couple later round picks to move up in the first round to try to get a potential top 6 forward.

I'm optimistic that a few of those can happen and the team will be significantly better next year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 'realistic' hopes:

1. Giroux wasn't back to full strength after hernia surgery last summer. Comes back and can be a 1C again next year.

2. Lindblom makes the team and is given a longer leash than guys like Konecny were given this season. Hopefully he comes in, earns a top 6 spot, and keeps it.

3. Myers/Sanheim/Morin/Hagg, two of them make the NHL roster out of camp. My money would be on Hagg and Myers, with Morin and Sanheim anchoring the first pair for the Phantoms. Hopefully they come up at some point during the season.

4. The addition of two more youngsters on defense solidifies the D corp enough that the forwards don't have to play so conservatively and they can attack more and take more risks.

5. The plan for the Neuvy signing was solely as a backup goalie. They either give the reigns to Stolarz or sign a veteran on a 1-2 year deal, to be the starter. I'm not against that vet being Mase.

6. Vandevelde is not resigned.

7. Macdonald is not a regular in the lineup. Either 7th dman, demoted to the Phantoms, or picked by Vegas.

8. We move a couple later round picks to move up in the first round to try to get a potential top 6 forward.

I'm optimistic that a few of those can happen and the team will be significantly better next year.
The huge key here is number 1 if that doesn't happen we are screwed.I agree with all of these. Number 5 if its not Stolarz i say we stick with Mase for 1 or 2 years