• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weal has played only 18 games and has 6 goals. Projected over a season that is 27 goals. This on a team that has forgotten how to score. He is a UFA next year and we need to sign him. He made $650k this year so he will get a decent raise without breaking the bank.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weal has played only 18 games and has 6 goals. Projected over a season that is 27 goals. This on a team that has forgotten how to score. He is a UFA next year and we need to sign him. He made $650k this year so he will get a decent raise without breaking the bank.

Weal is a great puck mover. We need one more of those along with another pure goal scorer. Since Weal and Flip have been on this team we have had a better puck moving team all together, Also it really takes some of the focus off our scoring guys. If all you have to do is shut down Gee, Simmer, Schenn, and Jake it's not hard to game plan against that.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about a 2nd, but I would definitely send either a 3rd or a 4th to Vegas for them to select MacDonald. We have several extra picks this season as it is. That move would shed $15 million combined off of our cap over the next three seasons, which gives us space to sign or trade for a scoring winger. It also clears the way for guys like Morin, Sanheim, Myers and Hagg to join the Flyers and get immediate on the job training.

Hell, if I had to give up a 2nd, I would probably do that too. It's worth it, to me.

Last edited:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May actually be a good year to do it. He has played pretty good all year.

Just my 2 cents but I disagree on AMac's play (I think that's what you're referring to). He's been paired most of the year with Provorov who has covered for his continued sub-par play. Provorov's advanced stats are significantly better without AMac than with him.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weal is a great puck mover. We need one more of those along with another pure goal scorer. Since Weal and Flip have been on this team we have had a better puck moving team all together, Also it really takes some of the focus off our scoring guys. If all you have to do is shut down Gee, Simmer, Schenn, and Jake it's not hard to game plan against that.
Since Couts has been playing to his potential we have been playing better.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my 2 cents but I disagree on AMac's play (I think that's what you're referring to). He's been paired most of the year with Provorov who has covered for his continued sub-par play. Provorov's advanced stats are significantly better without AMac than with him.

Yea he hasn't been the greatest but after Provorov and Gudas he has been pretty solid. As far as being covered for he hasn't been anywhere as bad as MDZ, Manning and Streit. No sense arguing semantics though, with the exception of Provorov our defensive core sucks big time right now.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and me both brother.

The thing that sucks about hockey is us as fans sometimes don't realize that while players are under achieving certain circumstances can cause that, I want to say Coots has been trying to cover for lame ass line mates because now he seems to be playing more to his ability, who knows? Hockey is a lot of guess work for fans lol.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about a 2nd, but I would definitely send either a 3rd or a 4th to Vegas for them to select MacDonald. We have several extra picks this season as it is. That move would shed $15 million combined off of our cap over the next three seasons, which gives us space to sign or trade for a scoring winger. It also clears the way for guys like Morin, Sanheim, Myers and Hagg to join the Flyers and get immediate on the job training.

Hell, if I had to give up a 2nd, I would probably do that too. It's worth it, to me.

Agreed. I normally don't like the idea of giving up picks to get rid of people, but in AMac's case i think it makes sense this offseason.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. Our season is pretty my complete, but I do see some positive flashes to look forward to heading into next season and this offseason (draft, FA). As I mentioned the other day, this Weal guy is pretty good. I like the lines that Hak's has put together of late. Everybody is contributing finally. Schenn looks to be taking his game up another level which we all were hoping for. A lot to look forward to boys!:suds: