• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP to the Wings playoff run. It was a long 25 years but it had to come to an end sometime.
That was a pretty incredible run by the Wings. That goes to show that they had a FO all on the same page. Holland is a top notch GM and has been for years. Ownership who is all about winning. Coaching to the strength to their roster given. Scouts who continuously know how to draft talent. They have a solid foundation in the minors as well.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with my boy Schenn.
6d77a3dacf46985477e47e007dec73dd.jpg
good call.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a pretty incredible run by the Wings. That goes to show that they had a FO all on the same page. Holland is a top notch GM and has been for years. Ownership who is all about winning. Coaching to the strength to their roster given. Scouts who continuously know how to draft talent. They have a solid foundation in the minors as well.
Mike Babcock saw this coming and jumped to a young and improving team smart move on his part.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we going to sign any of these college players or just let the Rags sign the Hobey Baker award winner Vecchione along with two others. Ghost better talk him into signing with us.

Last edited:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this season all the rookies did a damn good job!!!
Could they have done better, yea....But for first year guys they really held their own!!!!

Good to see Ghost coming out of that sophomore slump!!!!

Can't wait for more of the Phantoms to join us next season!!!!!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is right on the money. Why cant we play with urgency for a full season or most times even 60 full minutes.

Totally agree, Also How has Mason been this good lately? I never thought of him much above a solid net minder but he's been pretty good down the stretch, Still don't see him taking us to the promised land though.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we going to sign any of these college players or just let the Rags sign the Hobey Baker award winner Vecchione along with two others. Ghost better talk him into signing with us.

I hear ya, but in trying to put myself in the shoes of one of the top college free agents, why would they want to sign here? On the D and G side, the Flyers already have better prospects than anyone currently available. At F, the top 9 are probably already set for next year as it stands now:

Konecny-Giroux-Voracek
Weal-Filppula-Simmonds
Schenn-Couturier-Weise

Weal could be lost in the expansion draft, but that's looking increasingly unlikely. Weise's spot in the top 9 is far from secure but that might be it, and Lindblom might already be knocking on that door. I could see them signing a 2nd tier free agent, but I doubt they get one of the top half dozen or so.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I may be ignorant on this but I think as in Baseball, a lot of these players rights are already owned, Not sure if I'm correct but I think I am,

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, but in trying to put myself in the shoes of one of the top college free agents, why would they want to sign here? On the D and G side, the Flyers already have better prospects than anyone currently available. At F, the top 9 are probably already set for next year as it stands now:

Konecny-Giroux-Voracek
Weal-Filppula-Simmonds
Schenn-Couturier-Weise

Weal could be lost in the expansion draft, but that's looking increasingly unlikely. Weise's spot in the top 9 is far from secure but that might be it, and Lindblom might already be knocking on that door. I could see them signing a 2nd tier free agent, but I doubt they get one of the top half dozen or so.

He can go, he plays like shit!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree, Also How has Mason been this good lately? I never thought of him much above a solid net minder but he's been pretty good down the stretch, Still don't see him taking us to the promised land though.

One thing I have noticed about Mase is when he is on a roll, he is among the league elite.
But when he is off, Man does he stick the place up!!!!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mason seems to play better when he doesn't have competition breathing down his neck, which is the case right now with Neuvirth struggling. If Neuvirth gets hot again, I bet we see Mason's play tail off...

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason seems to play better when he doesn't have competition breathing down his neck, which is the case right now with Neuvirth struggling. If Neuvirth gets hot again, I bet we see Mason's play tail off...

Like I say which is weird because Mase has always been the better of the two.