• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Myth of Peyton Manning Continues

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Fitzgerald also Assistant GM for trying to recruit PFM to AZ?

Which sportswriter wrote that story? Do you have a link?

There is only one player that press would be stupid enough to write this story about... Peyton Manning

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool i'd rather Manning worry about personnel decisions than on field play.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC Pro Football Talk... Front Page

LINK

Do you remember a play that Peyton didn't change? Do you ever remember him walking to the line of scrimmage and running the play? Never happened.

If you haven't heard all the rest of the BS emanating from the press, Irsay, Polian, and Elway... you have been living under a rock.

Ron, whatever Peyton did to your sister was water under the bridge a long time ago. Clearly she must have physically healed years ago. Even the mental anguish must have abated by now. :wtf2:

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you are getting the idea that the Colts actively/officially engaged in building up any sort of 'myth' around Peyton.

As a long time resident of Indy & follower of the Colts, the only 'official line' that I ever heard regarding Peyton on the field was that:

1) Tom Moore was the Offensive coordinator.

2) Tom would supply Peyton with a couple of play options for each down, based upon yardage needed, field position, etc., & let Peyton decide which play seemed most likely to succeed.

3)Tom trusted Peyton's ability to 'read' the Defense enough to audible out of one play to another if he felt it was necessary.

4) Peyton himself always claimed that, when he changed a play at the last second, it wasn't because he had read the Defense and decided "I know just the perfect play for this" but rather because he realized that the selected play was probably going the be the absolute WORST one to use given what the Defense appeared to be planning.

Excellent observations. Peyton is no longer my quarterback. But I never enjoyed watching a player more than him. Hopefully, Luck will change that. In any event, while the Colts were mostly only a regular season juggernaut, it was still a joy to watch the games.

Moreover, Indy was a basketball town for ages. Now the Colts are probably more popular than the Pacers. You have to give manning a lot of credit for that. I certainly do.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't go down the juvenile path. Pats fear no team. Broncos fear no team. This is the big boys league.

With Peyton, I have seen this movie too many times.... being given credit for all kinds of things that can't be verified. e.g. coach on field.

When the story is on the front page of a major NFL news source, you notice. When you know the theme exists, the bs jumps out at you.

And Elway is glad that Manning can serve as not only the Broncos’ quarterback, but as an assistant to the general manager.

Do you think Peyton Manning is the assistant to the General Manager?

Pats SHOULD fear most teams this season...the only reason they wont, not because they are a "big boy team" but because they are nothing if not arrogant. come along "big boys" you dont stand a chance in half the games on your schedule this season. get in line for your beat down

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much like 40 is the new 30..orange is the new black...the Pats are the new Lions....stop being so butt hurt about such a non story

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pats win 12 game this year. Be jealous and minimize their chances all you want, but expect to be unpleasantly surprised when reality sets in once again.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this same horseshit was directed at Tommy Boy these guys would be having a fucking stroke. The hate and jealousy is infinite and disturbing but don't expect the obsession to end anytime soon.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The smartest guy in Denver is now working the draft board in Detroit.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this same horseshit was directed at Tommy Boy these guys would be having a fucking stroke. The hate and jealousy is infinite and disturbing but don't expect the obsession to end anytime soon.

Who's these guys? I see one person.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why start a thread on it? Who was the last active player that was described as the "assistant to the General Manager". Do you know of *any*?

I think it's a very odd story.

Why did you post in this thread if you aren't interested in the story?

I always give you shit when you start on a Manning rant Ron. This is a surprise?

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually your are going to have to come to grips with the fact that Peyton Manning is just a better QB then Brady.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually your are going to have to come to grips with the fact that Peyton Manning is just a better QB then Brady.

:laugh3: Brady > Peyton...... 3 > 1......stats are about the same both are great so it come down to who has more titles.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: Brady > Peyton...... 3 > 1......stats are about the same both are great so it come down to who has more titles.

I know Im just trying to get under his skin a bit..... But in terms of talent I think its Peyton>Brady, but Brady has the killer instinct like you saw with Jordan that allows them to win when they shouldnt be. And I dont think Peyton has that.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Im just trying to get under his skin a bit..... But in terms of talent I think its Peyton>Brady, but Brady has the killer instinct like you saw with Jordan that allows them to win when they shouldnt be. And I dont think Peyton has that.

i think talent wise Brady is better, in fact it think if there was a skill competition Brady would have a stronger arm, more accurate and could run faster. Brady's Uggs make the difference.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think talent wise Brady is better, in fact it think if there was a skill competition Brady would have a stronger arm, more accurate and could run faster. Brady's Uggs make the difference.

So all the power is in the boots.... I think his Stetson cologne gives him some powers as well.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of you need to re-take 6th grade English class.

I said *nothing* derogatory about Manning... I did say derogatory things about the way the media and the front offices talk about Manning (i.e. the myth).

and get the usual diarhrrea about Tom Brady, my hate for Manning, Manning better than Brady,
if this crap were directed at Brady...

. when none, absolutely NONE of these responses have ANYTHING to do with the original premise of the thread.

You guys are like a bunch of trained circus aninals Use the words Peyton Manning in any thread and you lose your ability to process information and begin regurgitating the rehearsed response you *THINK* applies to the stimulus... but you don't understand the content of the stimulus

You are lost.

Wake the fuck up and learn how to read and think about the content of what is being said.