• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lakers still won't make the playoffs next year

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because the Cavs had just signed 23-year-old Kyrie and traded for 26-year-old Love? Also figured to have Lebron for a long time as he was 30 and said he wanted to retire here as opposed to 35?
I wasn't highly impressed about the Lakers signing LeBron, but it's looks like it will work out - but I was referencing when the Lakers signed LeBron last year, then traded for Anthony Davis - I don't see how any one can call that stupid for the Lakers considering what they had has missed the playoffs for 6 years. When a team has missed the playoffs - it is quite common to blow the team up and regardless of LeBron's age - I think just about any team in the NBA would have gladly signed LeBron at his age. If LeBron had went to Dallas or another team - the same posters in calling the Lakers stupid would be how incredibly smart, so I think it's time to cut the crap

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't highly impressed about the Lakers signing LeBron, but it's looks like it will work out - but I was referencing when the Lakers signed LeBron last year, then traded for Anthony Davis - I don't see how any one can call that stupid for the Lakers considering what they had has missed the playoffs for 6 years. When a team has missed the playoffs - it is quite common to blow the team up and regardless of LeBron's age - I think just about any team in the NBA would have gladly signed LeBron at his age. If LeBron had went to Dallas or another team - the same posters in calling the Lakers stupid would be how incredibly smart, so I think it's time to cut the crap
YOU!!! You were the one calling the Lakers stupid for signing LeBron!!! Yo uwere the one saying he should be traded and you should go with the young guys!!!! YOU....not "posters" - YOU!!!! wtf....either you have no shame or have no memory

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU!!! You were the one calling the Lakers stupid for signing LeBron!!! Yo uwere the one saying he should be traded and you should go with the young guys!!!! YOU....not "posters" - YOU!!!! wtf....either you have no shame or have no memory

TLF gonna TLF.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's the loco weed that is causing it all... that and of course Zorro!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't have any shame or regrets. I audit people for a living and sometimes when I am finished, they are bankrupt.:lol:, At the time, I preferred the younger crowd, but If I had gone that route, I would have kept D'angelo Russell, waited out the contracts on Mozgov and Deng and then picked Tatum in the draft instead of Lonzo Ball. His dad made me nervous from the beginning and I think you have to admit that with Russell running the point, Ingram as the forward and Tatum, that the Lakers while not quite ready for a title would have been pretty close to being ready to sign big agents once the Mozgov and Deng Contracts came of the books. Next year, the Lakers would have been done with those two and had a ton of money and they would have had a decent three. In my opinion the Lakers lacked the patience to wait like the Warriors did and for the record - Kobe Bryant suggested the route I'm saying here. If the Lakers win a championship in 2020, however I will be happy

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers win a championship in 2020, however I will be happy

If this makes you happier, the Nets just extended a qualyfing offer on Russell, which means that he will never be unrestricted FA... They are additionally expected to announce Kyrie Irving joining them on Monday.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this makes you happier, the Nets just extended a qualyfing offer on Russell, which means that he will never be unrestricted FA... They are additionally expected to announce Kyrie Irving joining them on Monday.
What they have been saying is that they will sign or want to sign Irving or Russell, but not both. Either way the Lakers will have a chance at one of them if Leonard turns them down.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unrestricted means his current team can match whatever another team offers. If Kyrie is signing with the Nets, why would they match whatever potential suitor puts on the table for DLo?

You're making it seems like DLo isn't leaving the Nets if Kyrie comes.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unrestricted means his current team can match whatever another team offers. If Kyrie is signing with the Nets, why would they match whatever potential suitor puts on the table for DLo?

You're making it seems like DLo isn't leaving the Nets if Kyrie comes.
Because they can have them both? Did it ever cross your mind that they won't be paying lux tax if they keep them both?

Did it ever cross your mind that they can trade Russell after Dec the 15th and add significant power on another position?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s mental retardation also. Big dose of stupid
Do you ever post about anything other than insults? Like maybe sports? Heck basketball is a good one on this page to talk about.

D-Cash2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now they definitely will, Hoping they strike big with another max player.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they can have them both? Did it ever cross your mind that they won't be paying lux tax if they keep them both?

Did it ever cross your mind that they can trade Russell after Dec the 15th and add significant power on another position?
I understand your logic, but that is not what experts and the different people have been saying. Originally, Brooklyn was going to sign both Kevin Durant and Irving and renounce Russell - As of right now it's been said numerous times, that they don't want both because they don't need both.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And with 59 million in free cap - if they sign Irving to a max contract, they will still have plenty of money left to sign another player that can help them win now - so it would make no sense to sign Russell - unless they move Russell to the shooting guard position. In my opinion, that wouldn't be a bad combo - but that does not appear what they want to do

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, so the Nets are going to be paying a backup PG $20m+ to come off the bench

giphy.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which makes sense. Why not just tender Russell and sign and trade him? I am sure you could get assets--- or force a team to give him an offer sheet and tie up their cap space---and the funny thing is---- they have to wait until free ageny opens on the 6th to tender him an offer.

So, if the Lakers wanted to tender Russell an offer sheet they would have to wait until the 6th of July to do so, and THEN would have to wait an additional 3 days for the Nets to either match or not match

think the Lakers want to totally sit out the legal tampering period and the first 9 days of free agency waiting to see if the Nets will or will not match on Russell?

highly highly unlikely ya know?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, so the Nets are going to be paying a backup PG $20m+ to come off the bench

giphy.gif

Well, no, they would play them together.

Still though, I can’t imagine that pairing working well. Dlo appears to be the Nets back up plan if Kyrie changes his mind. It is smart to keep his rights, but probably not smart to sign both players.