• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lakers still won't make the playoffs next year

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which makes sense. Why not just tender Russell and sign and trade him? I am sure you could get assets--- or force a team to give him an offer sheet and tie up their cap space---and the funny thing is---- they have to wait until free ageny opens on the 6th to tender him an offer.

So, if the Lakers wanted to tender Russell an offer sheet they would have to wait until the 6th of July to do so, and THEN would have to wait an additional 3 days for the Nets to either match or not match

think the Lakers want to totally sit out the legal tampering period and the first 9 days of free agency waiting to see if the Nets will or will not match on Russell?

highly highly unlikely ya know?
Exactly... letting Russell walk out for nothing in return, beats anybodys but a naive Lakers fun's logic...

The Nets can sign and trade him, they can resign him and trade him mid season, or just keep him...

In any case, letting an All Star just walk out for nothing would be the most stupid thing to do... definitely only a moron could come up with this idea!

Besides, Russell is with CAA managment as is Zion, therefore if he would ever agree to a sign and trade, it would most probably be to the Pelicans so that CAA teams up their pair of youth with the most of potential in the most future promissing team in the entire league...
That said, a Russell + Levert for Jrue Holliday trade, could prove to be a win~win case for both teams involved if it would happen...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't highly impressed about the Lakers signing LeBron, but it's looks like it will work out - but I was referencing when the Lakers signed LeBron last year, then traded for Anthony Davis - I don't see how any one can call that stupid for the Lakers considering what they had has missed the playoffs for 6 years. When a team has missed the playoffs - it is quite common to blow the team up and regardless of LeBron's age - I think just about any team in the NBA would have gladly signed LeBron at his age. If LeBron had went to Dallas or another team - the same posters in calling the Lakers stupid would be how incredibly smart, so I think it's time to cut the crap
Did I call them stupid for acquiring AD? what was stupid was saying they were going to do things different than Cleveland did last offseason and ignore shooters and punt the season.

That said, not sure I can give much credit to acquiring a top 5 player who said he wanted to play with Lebron and would not sign longterm anywhere else.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I call them stupid for acquiring AD? what was stupid was saying they were going to do things different than Cleveland did last offseason and ignore shooters and punt the season.

That said, not sure I can give much credit to acquiring a top 5 player who said he wanted to play with Lebron and would not sign longterm anywhere else.
and the circumstances led to the 2 teams that were the main competition practically dropping out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly... letting Russell walk out for nothing in return, beats anybodys but a naive Lakers fun's logic...

The Nets can sign and trade him, they can resign him and trade him mid season, or just keep him...

In any case, letting an All Star just walk out for nothing would be the most stupid thing to do... definitely only a moron could come up with this idea!

Besides, Russell is with CAA managment as is Zion, therefore if he would ever agree to a sign and trade, it would most probably be to the Pelicans so that CAA teams up their pair of youth with the most of potential in the most future promissing team in the entire league...
That said, a Russell + Levert for Jrue Holliday trade, could prove to be a win~win case for both teams involved if it would happen...
and thats really the thing people do not realize.....

If Russell is given tendered the RFA, which he was....he cannot be signed to an offer sheet until the first day of free agency, and THEN the team who signs him to an offer sheet has to wait 3 days.

Its hard for me to believe a team would want to tie up 25-27M in cap room until July 9th, with the possibility that the Nets will just match the contract.

The chances that a large amount of the free agents available are signed/or committed by July 9th is just too much of a risk.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Russell is given tendered the RFA, which he was....he cannot be signed to an offer sheet until the first day of free agency, and THEN the team who signs him to an offer sheet has to wait 3 days.

Its hard for me to believe a team would want to tie up 25-27M in cap room until July 9th, with the possibility that the Nets will just match the contract.

The chances that a large amount of the free agents available are signed/or committed by July 9th is just too much of a risk.

A team like the Suns should do this.

But not the Lakers.

Because the Nets only let Dlo walk if they get Kyrie + KD or another star.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have done things differently though. Lebron never had a talent like Anthony Davis in Cleveland and their plan was to have LeBron do less on the court. Luke Walton didnt follow their plan Correctly on that, but they screwed up on not getting better shooters. I think they were smoking some of @trojanfan12 weed:heh:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The chances that a large amount of the free agents available are signed/or committed by July 9th is just too much of a risk.[/QUOTE
EVEN without Irving, they intend not to resign Russell, but they have agreed not to waive their rights yet in case he needs help signing with another team and will work with him closely on that

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have done things differently though. Lebron never had a talent like Anthony Davis in Cleveland and their plan was to have LeBron do less on the court. Luke Walton didnt follow their plan Correctly on that, but they screwed up on not getting better shooters. I think they were smoking some of @trojanfan12 weed:heh:
and as Cavs' fans told you Lebron does what he wants.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because He had to help the Cavs who were lacking. He trusts the Lakers front office more
He trusts the team that didn't know he needed shooters and signed McGee, Lance and Rondo when told he wants smart players?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He trusts the team that didn't know he needed shooters and signed McGee, Lance and Rondo when told he wants smart players?
They were still in the top five teams in the Western Conference before the injuries.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 2 games from 11.

And hadn't won a playoff game in 6-7 years.

And now they have AD and maybe (probably?) Kawhi. So what's your point?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were still in the top five teams in the Western Conference before the injuries.

And the Cavs team made the finals all 4 years and won a championship, what is your point?