• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Houston Rockets Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

Most of your post was on what Houston wanted or offered (Only home games; bus to feasible locations; therapist).

You mentioned a little bit of what he wants (guaranteed playing time if he travels). What else?

I don't know, but all he keeps saying if the NBA should have a protocol for mental illness treatment. I don't know what that refers to. Simulated flights? Therapy sessions? Pay him not to play because, you know, he'd play on the court if it weren't for his fear of flying but he shouldn't be punished for having the fear. Ok, that wasn't nice, but I don't know what he wants.

He's rejected playing in the D-League which I don't know what that has to do with flying. I think the point was that he rejected the D-League because he feels like his anxiety is demoting him. He also, after rejecting the D-League, objected to the fines they are giving him for not playing in the D-League - you know because they paid him to play or workout at least. Just play home games and near Texas games and get paid proportionally to the services he can do. I'm sure he's rejected the prorated pay because he feels he worth a certain amount to the team and shouldn't lost out due to his anxiety, but I don't know a logical way to handle this - it doesn't seem like paying him for less work makes sense.

Plus, you can't cut another player to put in a part time player and in the playoffs, you can't have a home player only. And you can't knock him unconscious before flights, either. He did go on the flight for the season opener, so I give him credit for that. Now, hopefully/wishfully, it'd get easier for him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Harden is on a really bad streak (22.7%). He's 10 of his last 44 shots (10-42 in two games, two shots before that.). 18-62 over three games (29%). Lin hadn't shot that well either over the last week and a half - they've lost six games in a row, two with better shooting by Lin but nothing special. I wonder how bad the offensive system is. I also wonder how much is personnel.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Harden is on a really bad streak (22.7%). He's 10 of his last 44 shots (10-42 in two games, two shots before that.). 18-62 over three games (29%). Lin hadn't shot that well either over the last week and a half - they've lost six games in a row, two with better shooting by Lin but nothing special. I wonder how bad the offensive system is. I also wonder how much is personnel.

He shot poorly again. He finished 5-18. He was 3-14 at one point, but then went 2-4 after that. So that made him 13-58 at one point (22.4%). This is not close to a record, but I wonder what the worse shooting % for someone who has taken over 55 shots is? I wonder what the worst percentage is compared to regular percentage prior to bad streak? He was shooting 45.6 before that. This streak is half that.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, this is good for the Jazz, but not for the Rockets - but too bad for the Rockets that this streak didn't happen earlier in the season because then they could replace their coach. I've seen a lot of their games streaming and their offensive system just isn't as good as it should be. I've been spoiled with the Jazz and I know Sloan's system wouldn't necessarily be the best for their personnel (they have a lot of 3-point shooters). It's just that those who don't shoot the three well, shoot too. If they could save it just for those who are good at it, they'd have an advantage.

They have a lot of isos, they turn the ball over too much, and they can't shoot. I don't know if this is the personnel, the coaching, or the system. They're just off when they are off. When they are making them, it's more "they're on fire" than it's "this system is good" or "these players are good."

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shot poorly again. He finished 5-18. He was 3-14 at one point, but then went 2-4 after that. So that made him 13-58 at one point (22.4%). This is not close to a record, but I wonder what the worse shooting % for someone who has taken over 55 shots is? I wonder what the worst percentage is compared to regular percentage prior to bad streak? He was shooting 45.6 before that. This streak is half that.

He did it again. 5-20. So now he's 20-82 (24.4). If you only count full games, he's 20-80 (25%). They won the game, ending a 7 game skid (6 on the road), on 19-21 free throws by Harden. He also had 7 assists and 7 rebounds, in a game where Lin didn't do anything good, really.

What's the worst streak for 80+ shots? It would have to be 15-20 makes, right? I couldn't see 10-14, but I could be wrong.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]X9ebc-wKoZk[/YOUTUBE]

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another reason I'll never own a Volvo.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot Hedo went 11-48 the first 4 games of the playoffs.

Hedo Turkoglu 2010-11 Game Log | Basketball-Reference.com

Wow, Harden is the worst so far. He's actually "picked it up" to get to 24.4%. (I'm counting 4 games and two shots to end a 5th game. I know, not sound, but technically correct.)

Comparison:

20-82 = 24.4% and 13-58 = 22.4% and 10-44 = 22.7%
11-48 = 22.9%

I wonder when ESPN will point it out in the stats section? Because so far, since Harden is getting so many free-throws and scoring, they've just casually mentioned fg struggles.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another reason I'll never own a Volvo.

True. I don't know if I'd like Lin if I didn't have Taiwanese friends and family. I know I wouldn't follow Houston. I wouldn't hate him either because I'm not jealous of new found fame and I don't judge others' reactions to it. I'm ok with hype as I feel it all evens out, if you're not as good, it'll settle - if you keep it up, you deserved it. I'm happy that he has a starting job from where he started.

I think if I were an athlete, I'd just take the money from playing. I wouldn't need the money from advertisements. I wouldn't spend much so I would take the money I saved like payment (assuming if I made more, I'd spend it). But I can't really say, if I were a famous person, I might be a different person (not to say if I were a different person that I'd be famous). Strangely enough, if I were to be famous, I'd want a stage name, not mine. My friends and family would probably want me to keep my name and make that famous, but not for me. I like my name fine for a private person, just not public.