• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The future of MLB?

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB may be considering expansion and realignment. Interesting. Details to come. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What MLB should do is stop letting cable companies dominant the airway's ... This entire playoff run has been on cable ... that's eliminating a huge amount of the MLB audience.. It used to be that having people watch the games was good for advertising, lot's of revenue there, now it's all greedy cable companies...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What MLB should do is stop letting cable companies dominant the airway's ... This entire playoff run has been on cable ... that's eliminating a huge amount of the MLB audience.. It used to be that having people watch the games was good for advertising, lot's of revenue there, now it's all greedy cable companies...
Honest question...

How many actual TV viewers have broadcast TV (NBC/CBS/ABC/Fox/CW) but do not have TBS?

This is 2017 after all.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here in Ridgemont we can't even get cable.....

Kenny

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. Most people in LA can’t even watch the Dodgers if they don’t have Spectrum cable smh.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question...

How many actual TV viewers have broadcast TV (NBC/CBS/ABC/Fox/CW) but do not have TBS?

This is 2017 after all.

Speaking for myself, I won't ever touch cable again, I just get all the basics channels using my high def bunny ears.. I"m sure a lot of people are out there like me, giving up on cable completely ....

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A huge amount? Do advertisers even care about showing ads to people who can't afford cable?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here in Ridgemont we can't even get cable.....

I know a guy named Karl Hungus that can take care of that for you. Will someone be available to schedule the installation?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A huge amount? Do advertisers even care about showing ads to people who can't afford cable?

Wow, you must work for a cable company... Ok let's play, judging by your way of thinking people that don't have cable can't afford cable ? Um, I'm doing just fine financially, I just don't allow my self to get fucked by a company because I CAN afford it ... Doesn't work that way in my world... Also, why do they show the world series on Fox ? Is that because all the advertisers HATE those poor people who can't afford cable ? How about the Super-Bowl ? Why isn't that cable owned and advertisers pump MILLIONS into it.... Why ? all those poor people out there, what a waste of advertising...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you must work for a cable company... Ok let's play, judging by your way of thinking people that don't have cable can't afford cable ? Um, I'm doing just fine financially, I just don't allow my self to get fucked by a company because I CAN afford it ... Doesn't work that way in my world... Also, why do they show the world series on Fox ? Is that because all the advertisers HATE those poor people who can't afford cable ? How about the Super-Bowl ? Why isn't that cable owned and advertisers pump MILLIONS into it.... Why ? all those poor people out there, what a waste of advertising...

reaction.gif

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys still have fast times? Ridgemont 42, Lincoln 0.
I missed the big game this year--saw Cheap Trick and Journey instead. The magnetism of Robin Zander was too much to pass up

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the big game this year--saw Cheap Trick and Journey instead. The magnetism of Robin Zander was too much to pass up

I would have been at the big game this year, but I got busted selling scalped Ozzy Osbourne tickets.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cable TV thing is what it is. It isn't going away. But the broadcast crew from TBS makes the game unwatchable, they are just that bad. As much as I dislike Joe Buck at times, John Smoltz makes the broadcast respectable. Ron Darling needs to be ran out of the broadcasting business. He's an idiot with a terrible monotone delivery and voice.
I don't understand why ESPN doesn't get any play-off games. As much as I hate them, they are a hundred times better than TBS. MLB should be looking at quality of product. I guess TBS offers more cash than ESPN is willing or able to offer. I'm just happy the WS is here and we don't have to listen to that crap anymore.