• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The future of MLB?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to think with the advent of streaming services MLB may look at doing more of that in the future. As to expansion and realignment I expect that to get announced within the next yr. or 2. Montreal, Charlotte and Portland would be my top 3 expansin coices.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to think with the advent of streaming services MLB may look at doing more of that in the future. As to expansion and realignment I expect that to get announced within the next yr. or 2. Montreal, Charlotte and Portland would be my top 3 expansin coices.

Can anyone trust any idea Manfred has? Goober is going to ruin baseball.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cable TV thing is what it is. It isn't going away. But the broadcast crew from TBS makes the game unwatchable, they are just that bad. As much as I dislike Joe Buck at times, John Smoltz makes the broadcast respectable. Ron Darling needs to be ran out of the broadcasting business. He's an idiot with a terrible monotone delivery and voice.
I don't understand why ESPN doesn't get any play-off games. As much as I hate them, they are a hundred times better than TBS. MLB should be looking at quality of product. I guess TBS offers more cash than ESPN is willing or able to offer. I'm just happy the WS is here and we don't have to listen to that crap anymore.

Personally I like David Cone waaaay better than Smoltz. But Darling is definitely the worst of that bunch.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I like David Cone waaaay better than Smoltz. But Darling is definitely the worst of that bunch.
I wonder if Smoltz has to have his therapist with him doing the broadcasts like he did when he pitched.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Smoltz has to have his therapist with him doing the broadcasts like he did when he pitched.

If so I wish his therapist would have told him that very few viewers want to hear the exact same thing over and over for 7 goddamned innings.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If so I wish his therapist would have told him that very few viewers want to hear the exact same thing over and over for 7 goddamned innings.
The Red Sox had Jonny Gomes in the booth for a while this year, with Remy's cancer coming back. At first, it was like unintentional comedy. Eventually I had to just mute the game when he was there. It was awful.