• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Chicago Bears Thread

How Far Will the Chicago Bears Go in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As explained in the Team-by-Team Thread, I am planning on making a thread every three days for a different team. The first few posts will be questions, requests for predictions, etc. There will be a poll unless I don't feel like making one. Some teams are less interesting than others.Please participate in posting articles, predictions, etc.

So far:

The Seattle Seahawks Thread - SB Winner.

The Denver Broncos Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The San Francisco 49ers Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The New England Patriots Thread - Lost to SB Runnerup.

The New Orleans Saints Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The San Diego Chargers Thread - Lost to SB Runnerup.

The Carolina Panthers Thread - Lost to NFCC Runnerup.

The Indianapolis Colts Thread - Lost to the AFCC Runnerup.

The Green Bay Packers Thread - Lost to the NFCC Runnerup.

The Philadelphia Eagles Thread - SB Winner beat the Saints who beat the Eagles.

The Kansas City Chiefs Thread - SB Runnerup beat the Colts who beat the Chiefs.

The Cincinnati Bengals Thread - AFC Runnerup Beat the Chargers who beat the Bengals.

The Arizona Cardinals Thread - Best Record for a Non-Playoff Team in a Hard Division.

The Pittsburgh Steelers Thread - Next Best Record, Controversially Missed the Playoffs.

The Chicago Bears Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

Last edited by a moderator:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't even get a post to troll Jay Cutler here? Mercy!

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have them missing the playoffs. The schedule is tough for the North this year. Within the divison both the Vikings and Lions are a bit of the unknown. Both teams have new coaching staffs where as the Bears are entering the 2nd year of what looks to be a very good coaching staff.

Vikings have some weapons offensively. AD, Patterson, and Rudolph to name a few. QB is the obvious question here. Is Norv going to have a QB manage games or make plays and is there a surefire option to do either this year? Some talent on defense but again, schematically, hard to know how things will play out.I think they win both against an up and coming Vikings team.

There are A lot of unknowns schematically for a talented Lions team. Secondary concerns/questions for probably the 15th year in a row. Some (likely) 2nd and 3rd year DB's will be thrown in the mix and tested to see if they have what it takes. This division is a brutal test indeed for them. Arguably the best WR tandem in the NFL in Chicago and a potentially dangerous QB throwing to them then add in what Rodgers is capable of doing with guys off the street let alone what he can do with talent like Nelson and Cobb. Lions better hope schematically, somehow those youngsters look like veterans. Offensively the Lions should be better but again an unknown. I could see the home teams winning these or 2-0 for the Bears.

I still see the Packers as the likely division winner. Bears split or lose both.

2nd place could be yet another battle between the Lions and Bears as we have seen 3 of the last 4 years.

So if they possibly finish 2nd in the North, is that enough? My gut says likely no. In a very talented NFC, hard to get enough wins to earn a Wildcard spot. JMO.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got them shocking the world and being the best team in the league. Just like I do every year. Last year our offense killed it and our Defense lost most our top players. This is the big question, will the Def bounce back now that it is healthy again? if so then we will be a real force.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise the Bears picked DEF early...like the CB, and young DTs...will need some time before they peak...OL play has improved, needs to stay consistent...OFC has 4 PB caliber weapons for Cutler, they will need to carry the lionshare of the load this yr....I think CHI is going to struggle a bit on the road because of the DEF...I'm thinking 9-7 on the high side.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a homer, I'll admit, so I may be a bit more optimistic about their season. I see the Bears splitting with GB and Detroit, and winning two against Minny. Hopefully, they beat Dallas, Tampa, Atlanta, Buffalo, Miami, and the Jets. That puts them with 10 wins, and they need to pull out a victory over one if the following: Carolina, NO, SF, or NE. I don't know if they can, but I do see them improving throughout the season so maybe. But I still think unlikely. So 10-6.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we dont know what any of these teams are gonna do.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-6 is easily attainable. Doesn't mean it will happen though.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they make the playoffs, if the defense can be" a middle of the pack " type defense, they can ride the offense there easily. Obviously health on offense wil be key, and the defensive problem were at the very least addressed. They should be a very solid team. Plus Aaron Rodgers will catch those aids soon.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they make the playoffs, if the defense can be" a middle of the pack " type defense, they can ride the offense there easily. Obviously health on offense wil be key, and the defensive problem were at the very least addressed. They should be a very solid team. Plus Aaron Rodgers will catch those aids soon.

Those dirty actresses catch you all the time putananas

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they make the playoffs, if the defense can be" a middle of the pack " type defense, they can ride the offense there easily. Obviously health on offense wil be key, and the defensive problem were at the very least addressed. They should be a very solid team.

This...

It will come down to the Bears & Packers as usual. Cutler has probably the most dynamic WR tandem in the NFL.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This...

It will come down to the Bears & Packers as usual. Cutler has probably the most dynamic WR tandem in the NFL.

I think that is probably true. Both Marshall and Jeffry have uncanny ability to adjust to the ball in the air and go get it. Throw in Forte and Bennett, and Cutler definitely has some weapons. Far from a foregone conclusion to me, however, that Cutler will consistently take advantage of all that without making critical mistakes. After all, he does have a history of doing that.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are real similar to the Cowboys and Lions IMO. There offense will be a nightmare for anyone. The key for them will be having their young guys step up on D. Neither team has to be top 5. A top 15 D would equal 10-11 wins for any team.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is probably true. Both Marshall and Jeffry have uncanny ability to adjust to the ball in the air and go get it. Throw in Forte and Bennett, and Cutler definitely has some weapons. Far from a foregone conclusion to me, however, that Cutler will consistently take advantage of all that without making critical mistakes. After all, he does have a history of doing that.

Forte, IMO, is a top 5-6 back. He often doesn't get the respect he deserves, but I think this season will change that.

Cutler... Definitely mistake prone. But his WR's are going to continue to make him look good lol. Jeffrey & Marshall can snag the ball out of the air from just about anywhere on the field. It will be interesting to watch how they do this season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Cutler is mistake prone from playing in 6 different offenses in 8 years??? Has any good QB ever had to deal with this? answer is NO. Cutler is finally getting a second year in a system and has weapons galore. This year will make or brake him. He may be a star by years end. Well know this year if it was him or the revolving OC's that has held him back.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Cutler is mistake prone from playing in 6 different offenses in 8 years??? Has any good QB ever had to deal with this? answer is NO. Cutler is finally getting a second year in a system and has weapons galore. This year will make or brake him. He may be a star by years end. Well know this year if it was him or the revolving OC's that has held him back.

I won't make any comparisons of Jay Cutler and Alex Smith, but those two had bad OC turnover in their careers. No matter what you think of either player, that is difficult and affected them significantly enough, IMO. Doesn't make Smith great or anything or Cutler elite, but that's major. Plus, Cutler had bad oline's. (Disclaimer: One OC change was caused by Cutler demanding a trade and one OC Smith had he never played for.)

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extremely tough 1st half of the schedule and I have no faith in the D. 8-8

Hope I'm wrong.