• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Browns should take Chubb and Barkley

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tyrod Taylor is a good QB and they draft another one this year then they can always trade Taylor to the Redskins for a third rounder and a starting CB. Still a good plan.

:2cents:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm judging from this board you'd think the opposite
He's completely full of shit on the topic. There's a bunch of these fools running around the internet with their narrowminded draft philosophies. They like to pretend they're being original by being the exact same as eachother. Like the emo kids in high school.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the majority at all I would say to start with.

Secondly, no it isn't. That's just a normal flaw of the human mind to prioritize harmony and conformity with a norm over the correct decision.
And boy are you flawed with your "always draft a shitty QB, never draft a great RB" philosophy. You've now been wrong 3 times in a row and you keep re-reading the same analysis that can't get past 2012.

Try the facts. The facts will show you where you need to go. Drafting a top RB has taken the last two teams immediately to the playoffs out of their usual place of patheticness.:nod:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And boy are you flawed with your "always draft a shitty QB, never draft a great RB" philosophy. You've now been wrong 3 times in a row and you keep re-reading the same analysis that can't get past 2012.

Try the facts. The facts will show you where you need to go. Drafting a top RB has taken the last two teams immediately to the playoffs out of their usual place of patheticness.:nod:
Drafting Fournette didn't take Jacksonville out of the bottom. He was along for the ride but he wasn't the reason they were what they were last year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting Fournette didn't take Jacksonville out of the bottom. He was along for the ride but he wasn't the reason they were what they were last year.
Without Fournette, Bortles throws ten more picks, 5 more fumbles, and fucks the defense every game all season.

The offensive identity was saved from being a Blake Bortles offense to being a rushing offense. Now Blake Bortles is on Fournette's ride. A much safer role for him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its weird seeing an Eagles fan and a Falcons fan talk about drafting an elite RB when they went out of their way to get their QB in rd1 and don't have elite running backs drafted from rd1.

I'm not saying these fans are wrong but those are the last two NFC representatives in the Super Bowl, too. Recent history is strongly pointing towards taking a QB.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: way to fancy yourself an independent thinker while falling for the group mental illness "have to draft a quarterback."

I can't laugh hard enough at you. You are stuck in the past, the world moves too fast for you and you recognize patterns too slowly. Sad!

:laugh3:

The groupthink is strong in this one

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won 10 games with Derek Anderson at QB. They can do it with a way more talented team this year along with what could be a bit of a down year in the AFC North. Just having Tyrod last year would've probably been the difference between 0-16 and 5-11 or better. With all the improvements they made this year, I am expecting no worse than 7-9, but 10 wins is far from outlandish.

Agree about the soft DIV...at least on paper it looks to be....I think PIT still sweeps but even if they don't..and they split the DIV, 10 is hard nut to crack I think. I still think the challenge will be on the road.

@ NO, OAK, TB, HOU, DEN...maybe TB, but I'm not seeing many Ws there. 1-3

And some tough home games...LAC, KC, ATL, CAR....2-2, maybe 3-1

But, it's good to have faith in your team....long as you're not betting the rent money on that finish, it's all good.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won 10 games with Derek Anderson at QB. They can do it with a way more talented team this year along with what could be a bit of a down year in the AFC North. Just having Tyrod last year would've probably been the difference between 0-16 and 5-11 or better. With all the improvements they made this year, I am expecting no worse than 7-9, but 10 wins is far from outlandish.

Wow, the over-valuing of Tyrod continues. Hope he plays well for you, but you also had Joe Thomas last year. Best player on the roster, gone.

Sad when you have to reach back a decade for another example. The Browns have only won 11 games over the past 4 years COMBINED. They will be markedly better, but let's be reasonable here. 6 wins would be impressive growth.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its weird seeing an Eagles fan and a Falcons fan talk about drafting an elite RB when they went out of their way to get their QB in rd1 and don't have elite running backs drafted from rd1.

I'm not saying these fans are wrong but those are the last two NFC representatives in the Super Bowl, too. Recent history is strongly pointing towards taking a QB.
Our trams got lucky. That's what a high QB pick is tantamount to. A coin flip. And even with that luck neither team has won a SB with that guy under center

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Fournette, Bortles throws ten more picks, 5 more fumbles, and fucks the defense every game all season.

The offensive identity was saved from being a Blake Bortles offense to being a rushing offense. Now Blake Bortles is on Fournette's ride. A much safer role for him.
And they could've done just as well or better with any other RB taken last year. Fournette did nothing to set himself apart. He is a really good RB, but there are a lot of really good RBs. Hunt in the 3rd would've brought them right where they were last year, if not further.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current big boards from the draft 'experts'

Mayock: Barkley #1 overall, Chubb #3 overall, Darnold #7 overall
Walterfootball: Barkley #1 overall, Chubb #3 overall, Darnold #4 overall
CBS: Barkley #6 overall, Chubb #1 overall, Darnold #22 overall
Daniel Jeremiah: Barkley #1, Chubb #4 overall, Darnold #6 overall
Drafttek: Barkley #2, Chubb #3 overall, Darnold #1 overall

Barkley's average: 2.2
Chubb's average: 2.8
Darnold's average: 8

If you throw out CBS (who has Rudolph as their top QB) then the experts think these guys are all pretty close together. Me? I get the reluctance with Darnold but the experts seem to all think that he should be in play for #1 except CBS

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree about the soft DIV...at least on paper it looks to be....I think PIT still sweeps but even if they don't..and they split the DIV, 10 is hard nut to crack I think. I still think the challenge will be on the road.

@ NO, OAK, TB, HOU, DEN...maybe TB, but I'm not seeing many Ws there. 1-3

And some tough home games...LAC, KC, ATL, CAR....2-2, maybe 3-1

But, it's good to have faith in your team....long as you're not betting the rent money on that finish, it's all good.
I think New Orleans is a guaranteed L. Oakland, TB, and Denver, those are beatable teams. Houston is a wildcard as it depends on Watson. If he's healthy, Cleveland loses. If he's not, Cleveland wins.

Chargers are very beatable (our only win in the last 2 years). KC/ATL/CAR are all tough teams, I think we're lucky to go 2-1 there, 1-2 more likely.

It's really all going to come down to Hue Jackson. I'm hoping that, now that he has some legitimate talent to use, he shows what he's made of as a coach. If we go 5-11, I think he's gone.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even with that luck neither team has won a SB with that guy under center
Honestly, I think the Pats beating the Falcons was a bit of a fluke and the Pats losing to the Eagles was a bit of a fluke but small sample sizes and great performances will lead to that.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think the Pats beating the Falcons was a bit of a fluke and the Pats losing to the Eagles was a bit of a fluke but small sample sizes and great performances will lead to that.
You're probably right. I think what's getting lost here is I'm not advocating for ALWAYS taking a RB over a QB. In fact I'd say you should rarely do that. However in this case you've got a guy who grades out as the best RB prospect since SO, who is a great person and a hard worker with no character issues VS a group of QBS who are all pretty similar and none of whom are looked at as locks. There's just no need to disk it in THIS instance. Not always but this time.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right. I think what's getting lost here is I'm not advocating for ALWAYS taking a RB over a QB. In fact I'd say you should rarely do that. However in this case you've got a guy who grades out as the best RB prospect since SO, who is a great person and a hard worker with no character issues VS a group of QBS who are all pretty similar and none of whom are looked at as locks. There's just no need to disk it in THIS instance. Not always but this time.
Ok. But is Chubb on that level?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. But is Chubb on that level?
I think Chubb is a lock perennial pro bowler personally. I can't say tgat about any of the qbs. I like Mayfield best by a wide margin but I'm still not sure he's a too 15 talent in this draft. I think if you just the top 30 guys in this draft regardless of position there probably isn't a QB in the top 15-20.