• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Breakdown: Bama vs LSU & other games of note

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot has already been said about this weekend's premier match-up, but here's the view from where I sit:

LSU has probably the best defense Alabama will face this season - outside a potential CFP match-up with Clemson down the road. Then again, Alabama has the best offense LSU has ever seen. Period. The Bayou Bengals have a workable, consistent offense. It's hard to say how good the Crimson Tide's defense is because Bama plays fastball on offense - which means they get the ball into the endzone so quickly that the defense only gets a moment's rest before they are back on the field again. Still, most of the points they have given up this year have been against the reserves.

The most points Alabama has given up this year were 31 against Arkansas (still won by 34), 23 vs Texas A&M (won by 22), and 21 vs Tennessee (won by 38). LSU, which plays slowball, appears to be a little stingier on defense since their biggest surrenders have been 27 against Florida (lost by 8), 21 vs Auburn (won by 1), and 21 vs Louisiana Tech (won by 17).

On the other end of the spectrum, the fewest points scored by Alabama were 39 vs Missouri (won by 29), 45 vs Texas A&M (won by 22), and 51 vs Louisville (won by 37). The Tigers' lowest out puts were 19 vs Florida (lost by 8), 19 vs Mississippi State (won by 16), and 22 vs Auburn (won by 1).

Bama QB Tua Tagovailoa has shown the ability to deal with pressure & still make positive plays. I'm not sure the same can be said on a consistent basis for LSU's Joe Burrow. And while the Tiger defense may be able to effectively cover one or two of the Tide's talented receivers, there's no way they can cover all four of them at once.

Look for Alabama to put a few quick scores on the board, then once they have established a two-TD lead, they will use the ground game more to keep their defense well-rested. LSU should score at least once in between a couple of the Bama TD's, but look for the Tide to slow things down just before or just after halftime - unless the Tigers are still hanging tough. Bama should win by 13 to 17 points.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because your opinion is so special you can't just add it to one of the other existing threads on the topic like everyone else.

:noidea:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait til game time. So over all the talking.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot has already been said about this weekend's premier match-up, but here's the view from where I sit:

LSU has probably the best defense Alabama will face this season - outside a potential CFP match-up with Clemson down the road. Then again, Alabama has the best offense LSU has ever seen. Period. The Bayou Bengals have a workable, consistent offense. It's hard to say how good the Crimson Tide's defense is because Bama plays fastball on offense - which means they get the ball into the endzone so quickly that the defense only gets a moment's rest before they are back on the field again. Still, most of the points they have given up this year have been against the reserves.

The most points Alabama has given up this year were 31 against Arkansas (still won by 34), 23 vs Texas A&M (won by 22), and 21 vs Tennessee (won by 38). LSU, which plays slowball, appears to be a little stingier on defense since their biggest surrenders have been 27 against Florida (lost by 8), 21 vs Auburn (won by 1), and 21 vs Louisiana Tech (won by 17).

On the other end of the spectrum, the fewest points scored by Alabama were 39 vs Missouri (won by 29), 45 vs Texas A&M (won by 22), and 51 vs Louisville (won by 37). The Tigers' lowest out puts were 19 vs Florida (lost by 8), 19 vs Mississippi State (won by 16), and 22 vs Auburn (won by 1).

Bama QB Tua Tagovailoa has shown the ability to deal with pressure & still make positive plays. I'm not sure the same can be said on a consistent basis for LSU's Joe Burrow. And while the Tiger defense may be able to effectively cover one or two of the Tide's talented receivers, there's no way they can cover all four of them at once.

Look for Alabama to put a few quick scores on the board, then once they have established a two-TD lead, they will use the ground game more to keep their defense well-rested. LSU should score at least once in between a couple of the Bama TD's, but look for the Tide to slow things down just before or just after halftime - unless the Tigers are still hanging tough. Bama should win by 13 to 17 points.

Bama reminds me of Mike Tyson:

He used to maul the opponent in the first round, taking his heart, and letting him know who the fuck is the best. If they survived the first, he unmerciful just stomped their ass into submission.

Get ready Cajuns, Tyson is shadow boxing as we speak.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because your opinion is so special you can't just add it to one of the other existing threads on the topic like everyone else.

He is the only one who is both a Alabama and a LSU fan. Something i thought was scientifically impossible.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You should ask that mods to let us have like 5 or 6 FAVORITE TEAM logos on our profile...that way you could add the Yankees, Patriots, Warriors, et al.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other games of interest, Georgia vs Kentucky should prove interesting. The Bulldogs definitely have the edge on offense, where they have only been held below 36 points once - and that was in a road loss to LSU when they were held to 16. They have given up 29 or more points twice - both times on the road.

Meanwhile, the Wildcats have only scored more then 28 points twice - and that was in the first month of the season against Central Michigan and Murray St. The Cats have only scored 14, 14, & 15 points in their last 3 games, but they won two of those & lost the other in OT. They haven't given up more than 10 points at home since they gave up 20 to CMU in their season opener.

This one could go down to the wire, and its hard to pick a winner here. If it were in Sanford Stadium, I would go with Georgia. But its not. So don't be surprised if Kentucky pulls an upset.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Virginia at Texas is another head-scratcher. Both teams are capable of putting points on the board, and both teams have had 4 games where they held their opponents under 20 points. But both teams have also had lapses on offense & defense. This one will come down to the team that executes the best & has the fewest turnovers. It could go either way.

Penn St. at Michigan should go the Wolverines way. The Nittany Lions have been a bit disappointing down the stretch, even though they pulled off a nice comeback against Iowa last week. I think Michigan will win by at least 10, maybe 14 points.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame's biggest tests down the stretch will be tonight's game at Northwestern and the meeting with Syracuse in the Bronx two weeks from now. The Fighting Irish have looked beat-able at times this year, yet they are still undefeated.

The Wildcats have been a confusing chameleon, losing 3 in a row at home against Duke, Akron & Michigan, then barely getting by Nebraska in OT on homecoming. But they have won all their road games, including stops at Purdue, Michigan St. & Rutgers. They finally picked up a convincing home win last week against Wisconsin.

This is another toss-up - but one that could impact the College Football Playoffs if the Purple cats pull off an upset.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that Bedlam is the name of the annual showdown between Oklahoma & Oklahoma St., but if Texas beats West Virginia, Iowa State beats Kansas & Texas Tech knocks off Oklahoma, then Bedlam will ensue, because Texas, West Virginia, Iowa St., Texas tech and Oklahoma will all still be gunning for the Big 12 championship with two conference losses each. And it could happen this Saturday.

I don't see a clear-cut favorite between the Red Raiders & the Sooners, but Tech is the home team - and they have yet to lose at home this season.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In late games involving one-loss teams (one per matchup, that is), Fresno St. should be favored at Wyoming, Washington St. should get past an upset-minded California, and Utah St. will be looking to stretch their winning streak to 8 games when they visit a Hawai'i team that has lost 3 in a row by wide margins after starting the season 6-1.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should ask that mods to let us have like 5 or 6 FAVORITE TEAM logos on our profile...that way you could add the Yankees, Patriots, Warriors, et al.
Pretty sure @Used 2 B Hu has been petitioning for that for like 2 years now.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because the other threads were already excessively long, and this thread covers more than just Alabama/LSU.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the other threads were already excessively long, and this thread covers more than just Alabama/LSU.

Excessively long because it's been 2 weeks and it's been discussed. And when you talk about other games...well there are discussion threads for those as well.

But no, we need a fresh opinion 5 hours before the game and it needs a new thread because putting it with everyone is just isn't good enough for you.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the convoluted world of the College Football playoff, an Alabama loss basically punches their ticket to the playoff.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excessively long because it's been 2 weeks and it's been discussed. And when you talk about other games...well there are discussion threads for those as well.

But no, we need a fresh opinion 5 hours before the game and it needs a new thread because putting it with everyone is just isn't good enough for you.

Are you butt hurt because you feel compelled to post in another thread?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you butt hurt because you feel compelled to post in another thread?

You are one of them fake ass bitches is all I know.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the convoluted world of the College Football playoff, an Alabama loss basically punches their ticket to the playoff.
You're just oozing with originality today, Ron.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the fuck is a mod when we need one?

Cleanup aisle 5!