• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The biggest mistake the Bears could make...

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is drafting a QB in the first round. Particularly Deshaun Watson. This single move would guarantee at least 3 years of failure and firing of Pace and Fox.

Mark my words.

Slight caveat is if Pace is hellbent on getting a QB in the first round, Trubisky is the best choice but a tremendous reach at 3.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky at 3 for me. Not really a reach when QB is so much more important then every other position. The biggest mistake we could make is not taking a swing again.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is drafting a QB in the first round. Particularly Deshaun Watson. This single move would guarantee at least 3 years of failure and firing of Pace and Fox.

Mark my words.

Slight caveat is if Pace is hellbent on getting a QB in the first round, Trubisky is the best choice but a tremendous reach at 3.

First time you've posted something of merit only because I don't believe the Bears are going to pick a QB in the first round, unless someone like Trubinsky falls and they can move up to grab them in the bottom of the 1st.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time you've posted something of merit only because I don't believe the Bears are going to pick a QB in the first round, unless someone like Trubinsky falls and they can move up to grab them in the bottom of the 1st.

I still think moving up in the first should be for a tackle. No QB can do shit making snow angels. If they move 3 and get two picks 20-30 then get that protection and the QB.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think moving up in the first should be for a tackle. No QB can do shit making snow angels. If they move 3 and get two picks 20-30 then get that protection and the QB.
Yea, trade down would be a great idea, the issue is, if there isn't a special player at #3 for a team to move up and get, why would a team move up? And that begs another question, if there is that special player at #3, why would you pass them up?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, trade down would be a great idea, the issue is, if there isn't a special player at #3 for a team to move up and get, why would a team move up? And that begs another question, if there is that special player at #3, why would you pass them up?

You would pass on him because he is not going to be a starter or believe you should not draft a safety or CB that high. You take a nose tackle he is definitely behind Goldman and now Jenkins. DE is behind Hicks and Unrein, which is not a bad choice. You know you are not starting the QB, and looking at Goff and Wentz last season, was not playing Goff what got Fisher fired?

You look at all the signings and you can almost say he is building thru free agency again.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would pass on him because he is not going to be a starter or believe you should not draft a safety or CB that high. You take a nose tackle he is definitely behind Goldman and now Jenkins. DE is behind Hicks and Unrein, which is not a bad choice. You know you are not starting the QB, and looking at Goff and Wentz last season, was not playing Goff what got Fisher fired?

You look at all the signings and you can almost say he is building thru free agency again.
That's the problem with trying to find a trade partner, no one is worthy to start at #3, unless by some miracle Garrett falls, which I don't see happening, he's the man among boys in this draft. Why would someone move up is my point? There really isn't a reason to, if you like Adams, then Hooker would probably be available down further in the draft, or vice versa. Allen is a possibility but his shoulder is suspect. The RB, Fournette (sp?) is possible but we already have a decent back and would a team move up to get him when they could probably stay where they are and grab him.

Pace has done ok drafting, some hits some misses, but a lot more hits than the previous 2 gm's.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After what Zeke did last year, yes, I agree, this is a clear elite running back that is probably the only bait. Peppers is going to be there, but everyone thinks 3 is high for a DB. There is usually alot of posturing going on right now. What Pace is doing is making sure the other GM's have no fucking clue what position he is going for. Its a dangerous game especially when there are really only two players he needs to worry about not getting. I mean, it seemed like Emery wanted nothing more than to make the most trades on draft day in the later rounds.

I guess its why I dont believe the #3 pick is the best player available time, its a covet pick, its a career player pick. Thats alot of pressure. Downside when Peppers falls, we probably get to see him twice a year with Green Bay or Detroit, and it already blows seeing haha clinton dix on the packers. The other real interesting part of Peppers is projecting him at linebacker gives some ties to Urlacher, but will a team bulk up a dangerous return guy?

Personally, if we keep 3 I like the shutdown corner of Lattimore as much as I like Allen and both should vie for a starting spot. Any other position, its a backup. Hicks, Goldman and Allen is pretty devastating. Porter playing nickel or released is a bonus.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no tackles... it's a piss poor class for OT's.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no tackles... it's a piss poor class for OT's.

Best tackle this year will be in the 20's. Does the best of a piss poor class count as the best tackle in the draft?

Just dont want to get another 7th rounder or UFA again.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best tackle this year will be in the 20's. Does the best of a piss poor class count as the best tackle in the draft?

Just dont want to get another 7th rounder or UFA again.

I mean, I hear you. We certainly need a tackle. Long, Sitton, Whitehair is a very good interior... but we need to address the tackle positions. Particularly in the way of pass blocking. Our run blocking seems to be pretty solid.

I think it's possible in the 2nd round. It's just not happening in the 1st, unless we trade down. There's no one to take at 3rd overall. 36th overall, there's certainly a few options.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mark my words.

What don't you like about Watson? He's smarter, reads defenses better, is more athletic, more accomplished, has better intangibles, and is a better leader than Trubisky. He has shown he can be clutch in the biggest of games as well. Trubisky hasn't played in a big game and his resume reminds me of Jay Cutler coming out of college. Trubiskys arm is slightly better than Watsons, but that doesn't mean as much as people make it seem.

I wouldn't say it'd be a mistake to pass on Watson, but I can see him being the next big thing.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What don't you like about Watson? He's smarter, reads defenses better, is more athletic, more accomplished, has better intangibles, and is a better leader than Trubisky. He has shown he can be clutch in the biggest of games as well. Trubisky hasn't played in a big game and his resume reminds me of Jay Cutler coming out of college. Trubiskys arm is slightly better than Watsons, but that doesn't mean as much as people make it seem.

I wouldn't say it'd be a mistake to pass on Watson, but I can see him being the next big thing.

It's because @BsGenius is racist. :happy:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watson threw a rather staggering amoutn of interceptions in college. I also disagree about the intangibles and tools.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem with trying to find a trade partner, no one is worthy to start at #3, unless by some miracle Garrett falls, which I don't see happening, he's the man among boys in this draft. Why would someone move up is my point? There really isn't a reason to, if you like Adams, then Hooker would probably be available down further in the draft, or vice versa. Allen is a possibility but his shoulder is suspect. The RB, Fournette (sp?) is possible but we already have a decent back and would a team move up to get him when they could probably stay where they are and grab him.

Pace has done ok drafting, some hits some misses, but a lot more hits than the previous 2 gm's.

What "miss" has Pace had except for possibly White? Which really isn't his fault.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson threw a rather staggering amoutn of interceptions in college. I also disagree about the intangibles and tools.
The interceptions is a fair point, but if you really think Trubisky is even comparable when it comes to intangibles, then there is absolutely no hope to have an unbiased discussion about these QBs with you. I also didn't say anything about tools, unless you consider arm strength, which I said Trubisky was better.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What "miss" has Pace had except for possibly White? Which really isn't his fault.
I dont want to blame Pace for White, just a lesson learned maybe. I dont want to go back to the shin splint discussion again, really, but college weight was 190, he was 215 for the combine. He bulked up too fast. Yes, size was needed for the NFL, but the quick bulk up he made is part of the diagnosis of why the muscle was not attached well. I mean if he was 6'0 in 190 in college and was 6'3 215 at the combine, thats a growth spurt. He just added 25 pounds of muscle to the same frame very quickly.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I hear you. We certainly need a tackle. Long, Sitton, Whitehair is a very good interior... but we need to address the tackle positions. Particularly in the way of pass blocking. Our run blocking seems to be pretty solid.

I think it's possible in the 2nd round. It's just not happening in the 1st, unless we trade down. There's no one to take at 3rd overall. 36th overall, there's certainly a few options.

My scenario was trading down and getting two picks 20=30. In the past I mentioned get the best two tackles there and let them fight it out for the left side, but the scenario we were discussing was trade down, get a QB and a tackle.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The interceptions is a fair point, but if you really think Trubisky is even comparable when it comes to intangibles, then there is absolutely no hope to have an unbiased discussion about these QBs with you. I also didn't say anything about tools, unless you consider arm strength, which I said Trubisky was better.

Bottom line is that both have fleas and neither are worth a high pick... This is the Blaine Gabbert, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Blake Bortles trap where teams who need QBs elevate a "meh" QB class too high and end up with a bunch of wasted picks...

This seems like one of those years to steer clear. Roll with Glennon. See what we have. Re-evaluate the position next off-season... Heck, Cousins and Garroppalo should both be available in FA if for some reason our draft pick isn't high enough to nab a good rookie. Plenty of options will be available.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My scenario was trading down and getting two picks 20=30. In the past I mentioned get the best two tackles there and let them fight it out for the left side, but the scenario we were discussing was trade down, get a QB and a tackle.

I could possibly see doing this. Though if this LSU safety is as good as projected, I'm tempted to stand pat.