• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The biggest mistake the Bears could make...

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What "miss" has Pace had except for possibly White? Which really isn't his fault.

Leonard Floyd LB Georgia - So far High upside but injury issues (a theme)
Cody Whitehair G Kansas State - Fantastic grab
Jonathan Bullard DT Florida - So far, meh, high upside could develop
Nick Kwiatkoski LB West Virginia - Actually, liked his play for a rook last year, high upside
Deon Bush DB Miami (FL) - Not impressed as of yet.
Deiondre' Hall DB Northern Iowa Another meh.
Jordan Howard RB Indiana - Best pick so far by Pace. Fantastic
DeAndre Houston-Carson DB William & Mary - Maybe starter material
Daniel Braverman WR Western Michigan - Had high hopes, fizzled
2015 Kevin White WR West Virginia - Has done nothing but injured
Eddie Goldman DT Florida State - Looks like a solid starter
Hroniss Grasu C Oregon - Has done nothing, unjury issues
Jeremy Langford RB Michigan State - Not very good
Adrian Amos DB Penn State - Meh.
Tayo Fabuluje - who?

Looks like 3 solid starters with the potential for another 3 starters out of 15 picks. Now I know a couple of these guys did start like Bush and Amos, but they were not very good or effective. This could change if Leonard stops the concussion thing and White stops the leg breaking thing (but honestly, he wasn't that impressive when healthy for that tiny bit of time last year). Not sure this is "enough" to rebuild, he has to hit on more draft picks. At least in my opinion.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually NC, I think Cody Whitehair might have had pro bowl chances if he was able to stay at left guard. My fixation with Grasu was it always seemed he was that first lineman down the field to pick up the running back, even after a 10 yard run. Reminded me of Kruetz and old time bear football. Sitton fell in our lap and really could not be passed up, but Grasu learned center last year and did a great job.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is that both have fleas and neither are worth a high pick... This is the Blaine Gabbert, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Blake Bortles trap where teams who need QBs elevate a "meh" QB class too high and end up with a bunch of wasted picks...

This seems like one of those years to steer clear. Roll with Glennon. See what we have. Re-evaluate the position next off-season... Heck, Cousins and Garroppalo should both be available in FA if for some reason our draft pick isn't high enough to nab a good rookie. Plenty of options will be available.
I disagree with your assessment of these QBs. I see Watson as an intriguing prospect, like how I saw Cam Newton, but for different reasons. I see Trubisky like how I saw Blake Bortles or Jay Cutler coming out of college.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson was mistake prone from what I saw in a spread offense at Clemson... We do not play an offense suited for him IMO... Doesn't mean he can't succeed elsewhere, but I'm not seeing stardom in this QB class, Watson included.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard Floyd LB Georgia - So far High upside but injury issues (a theme)
Cody Whitehair G Kansas State - Fantastic grab
Jonathan Bullard DT Florida - So far, meh, high upside could develop
Nick Kwiatkoski LB West Virginia - Actually, liked his play for a rook last year, high upside
Deon Bush DB Miami (FL) - Not impressed as of yet.
Deiondre' Hall DB Northern Iowa Another meh.
Jordan Howard RB Indiana - Best pick so far by Pace. Fantastic
DeAndre Houston-Carson DB William & Mary - Maybe starter material
Daniel Braverman WR Western Michigan - Had high hopes, fizzled
2015 Kevin White WR West Virginia - Has done nothing but injured
Eddie Goldman DT Florida State - Looks like a solid starter
Hroniss Grasu C Oregon - Has done nothing, unjury issues
Jeremy Langford RB Michigan State - Not very good
Adrian Amos DB Penn State - Meh.
Tayo Fabuluje - who?

Looks like 3 solid starters with the potential for another 3 starters out of 15 picks. Now I know a couple of these guys did start like Bush and Amos, but they were not very good or effective. This could change if Leonard stops the concussion thing and White stops the leg breaking thing (but honestly, he wasn't that impressive when healthy for that tiny bit of time last year). Not sure this is "enough" to rebuild, he has to hit on more draft picks. At least in my opinion.

Amos is a very good young DB. Not sure how he's "meh". He's been a bright spot, without a doubt. Floyd was a DROY candidate before he got hurt.

Other than that, I basically agree with every other assessment. However, some guys you're counting as a minus pick, were actually plus picks due to their draft position. Langford was a mid-round pick who has done a very respectable job as a #2 and did a nice enough job filling in when he had to start as well. Deiondre Hall is another guy with high upside who was taken quite late. Asking more for that is getting greedy when you're talking about picks in those rounds.

When half of your draft picks are starting and most of those look like they could be high impact players. Along with your mid-late round picks contributing. That's damn good man.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually NC, I think Cody Whitehair might have had pro bowl chances if he was able to stay at left guard. My fixation with Grasu was it always seemed he was that first lineman down the field to pick up the running back, even after a 10 yard run. Reminded me of Kruetz and old time bear football. Sitton fell in our lap and really could not be passed up, but Grasu learned center last year and did a great job.

Whitehair probably would have been a pro bowler if he wasn't on a 3-13 football team. Nobody knew who he was, and with the fan vote being what decides it. The average joe is just going to vote for names he recognizes when it comes down to Olineman.

Grassu has flashed upside, but has also been very inconsistent. Not to mention, the injury issues.