• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Big 12 needs to add two more schools.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
longhorns stopping the pac 12 big 12 merger over the longhorn network was a mistake.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the Big XII championship game. OU was always playing Nebraska or Missoui again after already destroying them in the regular season just to do it again. Stupid. Round Robin is better instead of playing teams twice every year.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the Big XII championship game. OU was always playing Nebraska or Missoui again after already destroying them in the regular season just to do it again. Stupid. Round Robin is better instead of playing teams twice every year.

More parity now everyone stinks equally.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round robin is much better than stupid, redundant CCG.

CCGs are just for $$, not for actual football

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIG XII needs 16 teams so we can have fucked up schedules, avoid certain programs for 3 or 4 years and have one permanent scrub that we call a rival on our schedule. This will allow three, four maybe even 5 teams to get 10 wins or more in a single year. Stack the rankings. Play early match ups so it looks good cause you beat a "top ranked team".

That's a formula for success. Tested. Proven.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIG XII needs 16 teams so we can have fucked up schedules, avoid certain programs for 3 or 4 years and have one permanent scrub that we call a rival on our schedule. This will allow three, four maybe even 5 teams to get 10 wins or more in a single year. Stack the rankings. Play early match ups so it looks good cause you beat a "top ranked team".

I hate agreeing with fucking Sooners.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

only ever been one 16 team league and it failed miserably.....

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only ever been one 16 team league and it failed miserably.....

Who? The Big East?

They failed for a multitude of reasons, but going to 16 teams was a symptom of their problem, not the problem itself.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
longhorns stopping the pac 12 big 12 merger over the longhorn network was a mistake.

It was worse than that. It was Aggie pulling out and wanting Baylor. How does Baylor repay Texas generosity? By kicking our ass repeatedly lately

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I blame the super liberal pac schools more than UT. Before the LHN it looked like the PAC could've had the entire big 12 south (OU, UT, okie light, baylor, tech, a&m) but Baylor was the problem, since they believe in god. Instead the PAC took colorado, hoping the other 5 would ditch baylor and go still. If they had accepted Baylor, the PAC 16 would be a thing right now.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who? The Big East?

They failed for a multitude of reasons, but going to 16 teams was a symptom of their problem, not the problem itself.

Yes. I dont understand 14-16 team leagues. Just terrible numbers. League of 10 teams makes sense. 18 and 20 make sense, play 8-9 division games and meet the other side for a Championship. 14 is just a random number that is going to always have unbalanced schedules.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Texas and Oklahoma bolt to another conference, the remaining teams will just form a new "Big 8" and play the WAC, the MAC, and SAC just like always have.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we just need 4 20 team conferences. 10 team divisons play round robin, keep regional rivalries alive. Conference title games become part of the playoffs, then the 4 conf winners get into the playoff we already have set up. And since winning your divison means you're in the "playoff", scheduling top non conf games becomes the norm since you're not so affraid to lose.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I dont understand 14-16 team leagues. Just terrible numbers. League of 10 teams makes sense. 18 and 20 make sense, play 8-9 division games and meet the other side for a Championship. 14 is just a random number that is going to always have unbalanced schedules.

Agreed, I think 14 is likely part of the journey to 16-18, not the destination... We'll see.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we just need 4 20 team conferences. 10 team divisons play round robin, keep regional rivalries alive. Conference title games become part of the playoffs, then the 4 conf winners get into the playoff we already have set up. And since winning your divison means you're in the "playoff", scheduling top non conf games becomes the norm since you're not so affraid to lose.

Excellent idea. I would tweak it by expanding the playoff to 8 teams.......these 4 automatic qualifiers who won their conferences and 4 additional teams picked by the CFP committee. The reason I would do that is there are always teams that lost a game due to injuries, etc. that would have an outside chance of getting back into the mix later in the season if they won all the rest of their games. It would make the entire college season a real dog fight. Conference champions + 4 teams that are still elite teams. The seeding would always favor the conference champions.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent idea. I would tweak it by expanding the playoff to 8 teams.......these 4 automatic qualifiers who won their conferences and 4 additional teams picked by the CFP committee. The reason I would do that is there are always teams that lost a game due to injuries, etc. that would have an outside chance of getting back into the mix later in the season if they won all the rest of their games. It would make the entire college season a real dog fight. Conference champions + 4 teams that are still elite teams. The seeding would always favor the conference champions.

If it would eventually go to 8, including all P5 (P4?) champs most people wouldn't care too much if the spinsters hyped and lobbied for the SEC all season long.

That idea is much better in so many ways. It eliminates any reasonable doubt imo.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not about football it's about money and TV sets so we just have to figure out how to make it work. I like the going to 20 teams and separating them into two divisions that play a round robin and then play each other in a championship game.

Would love for the original 10 SEC teams just to form one of these divisions and throw everyone else into the other one. It would be lopped sided but the original teams could beat the crap out of each other and still win the the SEC with 2 losses.

If the other conferences did the same then we could form 4 "Super Conferences" and then conference champs all make the playoffs with the conference championship game being the default first round. To do this the Big 12 would need to fold and I would like to see the following happen:

SEC East Division - All 10 original members.

SEC West Division:

Arkansas
Missouri
South Carolina
Texas A&M
Texas
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Kansas
Baylor
Kansas State

The PAC could pick up the following:

Texas Tech
TCU
BYU
Boise State
Utah State
Nevada or New Mexico

The ACC:

Notre Dame
West Virginia
South Florida
Central Florida
East Carolina
Cincinnati

The Big 10 I have no freakin clue maybe:

UConn
UMass
Iowa State

Special Note:

There is a scenario where the ACC folds instead but I actually like this one because it keeps alive many of the rivalry games that were lost like Mizzou vs Kansas, Kansas vs Kansas State, Oklahoma vs OSU, Texas vs aTm and etc, etc etc.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who? The Big East?

big east only had 16 teams for basketball. the wac had 16 teams for football for two or three seasons in the late 90s and led to the disgruntled members quick formation of the mwc....

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people hate not playing all the teams in their conference with 14 teams and yet you think 20 team leagues is better?? :noidea: