• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I dont understand the Peppers dude as he did nothing against the Badgers

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news...

... Notre Dame QB Malik Zaire announced his intention to transfer today... and since he is a graduate, he is eligible for immediate 2017 play.

Two of the four favorite target schools for Zaire are B1G schools. Zaire's four favorite transfer schools are Florida, Pitt, Michigan State, and Wisconsin.

Report: Notre Dame's Zaire to pursue grad transfer for 2017 season

:thumb:
In all seriousness, why MSU or UW? Doesn't Notre Dame run the read option stuff? Does he really want to go to play in a traditional O? Would he be good at it? Am I missing something here?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...do Maryland, Indiana, and Northwestern get the W next weekend to become blow eligible?
Maryland vs Rutgers
Northwestern vs Illinois
Indiana vs Purdue

All 3 have home games against what might be considered lesser opponents.
Seriously, do you really care if Maryland, Indiana and Northwestern play in a bowl game?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, do you really care if Maryland, Indiana and Northwestern play in a bowl game?
I think it might help if the bottom became a bit more competitive, so I don't think it can hurt if they do. Those 4 extra weeks of practice are something that should help out their underclassmen

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it might help if the bottom became a bit more competitive, so I don't think it can hurt if they do. Those 4 extra weeks of practice are something that should help out their underclassmen
Fair enough. :suds:

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, why MSU or UW? Doesn't Notre Dame run the read option stuff? Does he really want to go to play in a traditional O? Would he be good at it? Am I missing something here?

Pro style offenses with good coaches that prepare QBs for the NFL.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe he is looking towards his future. MSU, UW both have strong running games and usually great offensive lines. He could put up decent stats with that sort of help and immensely help his draft stock

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a joke Peppers winning all those awards.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Western Michigan's secondary over the Raiders.

Good thing the draft is going to be full of talented secondary this year. The B10 alone could have 5 off the top of my head in the first two rounds

EDIT: Make that 6, I think Stribling could go in the first two as well

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Watt turning pro

Was announced today that TJ Watt is turning pro

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a joke Peppers winning all those awards.

Peppers is an interesting story. I don't think anyone would disagree that he's an incredible athlete, but he was more of a media creation for the awards than substance on the field.

He got his first, and only INT, on a tipped ball against ohio st this year. He had maybe two returns into the endzone in his career (1 for a TD, 1 was called back on a penalty and didn't count). When you compare numbers, he had average production at best. But no one can deny his presence was missed sorely in the Orange Bowl. Watching Mike McCray try to cover Cook was painful.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers is an interesting story. I don't think anyone would disagree that he's an incredible athlete, but he was more of a media creation for the awards than substance on the field.

He got his first, and only INT, on a tipped ball against ohio st this year. He had maybe two returns into the endzone in his career (1 for a TD, 1 was called back on a penalty and didn't count). When you compare numbers, he had average production at best. But no one can deny his presence was missed sorely in the Orange Bowl. Watching Mike McCray try to cover Cook was painful.

Holy shit, a Michigan fan who actually admits that the Peppers hype was a bunch of BS.

Nobody has denied that he is a elite athlete. The problem is that Athleticism only gets you so far the higher you climb.

I'm sure he may be a great return man in the NFL, but I don't see him making much of a great impact for a NFL defense. Unless someone can get him to break the habit of constant over pursuit and terrible angle taking.

I'm assuming his coverage skills arent too great either, or he would have been a lockdown CB in college and not a Saftey/LB.

He was pretty much nothing more than a decoy on offense, sure you had to pay attention to him, but most of the time he was harmless.

The Charles Woodson comparisons were stupid from the start, Woodson was a elite DB and probably a better player on offense as well.