• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't likely to be Maryland's starter at running back, where seniors-to-be Brandon Ross and Wes Brown are more experienced. And Maryland has at least six or seven clearly playable receivers, so there was no clear place for Veii – a perfectly skilled junior – to get much field time.

The Latest Maryland Terrapins NCAA Football News | SportSpyder

^^^ s'a pretty good site for school-specific news

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safe to say NU's gonna be alright in the trenches on D this year.

CAq18HWUwAA7Vrc.jpg

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... all 14 B1G teams have held their Spring games. The Michigan State defensive line looks like it is going to possibly be the best in the B1G, and arguably maybe even the best D-line in the nation.

I like the way Illinois structured their Spring game this year. Coach Tim Beckman wanted to have the first team O and D play so that they would get valuable experience as units... so, he had the first teams play against everybody else. In other words, the first team offense played the entire game against everybody else (vs the 2nd, 3rd, 4th string defense), and the first team defense played the entire game against everybody else (vs the 2nd, 3rd, 4th string offense).

Of course, Tim Beckman spotted the reserve team some points. The reserve team (blue squad) received 17 points to start the game, and then they received another 17 points at halftime for a total of being spotted 34 points.

The starting/first team (orange squad) still won the game by a score of 44 - 41 (meaning the reserves managed to score one TD on top of their 34 point bonus spread).

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... all 14 B1G teams have held their Spring games. The Michigan State defensive line looks like it is going to possibly be the best in the B1G, and arguably maybe even the best D-line in the nation.

I like the way Illinois structured their Spring game this year. Coach Tim Beckman wanted to have the first team O and D play so that they would get valuable experience as units... so, he had the first teams play against everybody else. In other words, the first team offense played the entire game against everybody else (vs the 2nd, 3rd, 4th string defense), and the first team defense played the entire game against everybody else (vs the 2nd, 3rd, 4th string offense).

Of course, Tim Beckman spotted the reserve team some points. The reserve team (blue squad) received 17 points to start the game, and then they received another 17 points at halftime for a total of being spotted 34 points.

The starting/first team (orange squad) still won the game by a score of 44 - 41 (meaning the reserves managed to score one TD on top of their 34 point bonus spread).

That's definitely debatable. OSU's line shouldn't see a drop-off from last year's squad. Bosa is a guarantee top 5 pick, and Adolphus Washington is a borderline 1st round talent. That said, I have to admit it's amazing how MSU continues to churn out top level defensive unit despite getting largely 3-star recruits.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's definitely debatable. OSU's line shouldn't see a drop-off from last year's squad. Bosa is a guarantee top 5 pick, and Adolphus Washington is a borderline 1st round talent. That said, I have to admit it's amazing how MSU continues to churn out top level defensive unit despite getting largely 3-star recruits.

OSU may be equal to slightly better than MSU in the starters but sometimes depth is key and that is where Michigan State is better

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Bosa over any DL in the nation

:shrug:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU may be equal to slightly better than MSU in the starters but sometimes depth is key and that is where Michigan State is better

That's actually what I'm more excited about. Sam Hubbard has been getting tons of hype and is slated for a lot of time. Then you add in guys like Jalyn Holmes, Tyquan Lewis, Darius Slade, Tracy Sprinkle, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the development. In terms of starters + depth, I'd take OSU over any team in the nation right now.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G had 35 players picked in this years NFL draft; put them at 4th behind SEC, ACC, PAC

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine Michigan fans cannot be happy about Urban Meyer's big recruiting victory over Jim Harbaugh today.

Ohio State snatches one of the best players in Michigan by going into the Wolverines back yard (Canton, MI) to grab 4-star OT Michael Jordan of Plymouth Canton. This is a shocker... as most folks had Michael Jordan slated as going to the Wolverines... that's why I'm posting it in the B1G thread as opposed to the recruiting thread.

Plymouth offensive lineman Michael Jordan commits to Ohio State

Michael Jordan, Plymouth, Offensive Tackle

WOWSER!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine Michigan fans cannot be happy about Urban Meyer's big recruiting victory over Jim Harbaugh today.

Ohio State snatches one of the best players in Michigan by going into the Wolverines back yard (Canton, MI) to grab 4-star OT Michael Jordan of Plymouth Canton. This is a shocker... as most folks had Michael Jordan slated as going to the Wolverines... that's why I'm posting it in the B1G thread as opposed to the recruiting thread.

Plymouth offensive lineman Michael Jordan commits to Ohio State

Michael Jordan, Plymouth, Offensive Tackle

Yep.. I was pretty surprised by this as well. This has to kill you guys somewhat. I posted this news on the Buckeye board to mu buds Sgt. and Shane.

WOWSER!

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOWSER!

Harbaugh could always try more satellite camps.
:shrug:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good argument going on for best D line. Is it Ohio State? Michigan State? Penn State? Nebraska?

All I know is that Ohio State's Mr. Bosa is the best one. I will also take a guess that Nick Bosa goes to Ohio State.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nick will pick cbus

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good argument going on for best D line. Is it Ohio State? Michigan State? Penn State? Nebraska?

All I know is that Ohio State's Mr. Bosa is the best one. I will also take a guess that Nick Bosa goes to Ohio State.
Nick Bosa is pretty much a lock for us. Possibly USC is a darkhorse.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some follow-up info on why 4-star Plymouth Canton, MI OT Michael Jordan chose Ohio State over his backyard school Michigan:

Recruit Michael Jordan picks Ohio State for 'academics'

Michael Jordan states he chose the Buckeyes because Ohio State offered the academic curriculum combination he wished to pursue: International Business major combined with a minor in Chinese.

Yes... some of these recruits actually do care about academics, and preparation for life after their football playing days are over.

Kudos to Jordan... good luck to this young man.

Last edited: