• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

Norka!

High Dummies, Friends & Lovers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 764.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spend three days there. It's about 120,000 square feet. More than 75% is knives or knife making supplies. Old, new, factory, custom. Admission for one day is $15. Best day for a single day trip would be Saturday. But they are open until 7 PM on Friday. If you like knives. It is a must attend type event.
I'm guessing you're a vendor at the Blade Show? I'm probably going to take my son and maybe one of his buddies, I'll confirm before June...

I wanted to mention a couple more things related to my earlier comment, I know there's way more to it than having a stagnant coaching staff for the struggles of Texas, Florida and Oklahoma but I think we can include Michigan in that group of top tier teams that have fallen and can't get up, (triple snicker!)

And with that I kept it sports related and on topic, HOORAY for the Big Ten, especially The Ohio State Buckeyes!

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm guessing you're a vendor at the Blade Show? I'm probably going to take my son and maybe one of his buddies, I'll confirm before June...

I wanted to mention a couple more things related to my earlier comment, I know there's way more to it than having a stagnant coaching staff for the struggles of Texas, Florida and Oklahoma but I think we can include Michigan in that group of top tier teams that have fallen and can't get up, (triple snicker!)

And with that I kept it sports related and on topic, HOORAY for the Big Ten, especially The Ohio State Buckeyes!
Not a vendor. Just a knife nut. Been attending for years. You get to know certain people and I can spend a day just visiting.
It is fun to watch a contender fall down. Just remember there are those just waiting to pounce if tOSU falls.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To spur attendance at future Big 10 football games it would be appropriate to again realign teams based on current strengths and weaknesses. For example the major (or manly) division would be composed of Michigan State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State, Nebraska and Rutgers and Minnesota who appear to be on the rise.

The minor (or non contending) division would include Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Northwestern, Purdue and of course the rapidly deteriorating Detroit area entity the Michigan Skunk Weasels.

This change would encourage competitive balance and stop member schools from having to beg soft drink manufacturers to give free tickets to anyone purchasing a 2 liter of pop from them.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24/7 Recruiting rankings 1/24
1. Ohio State (24)
2. Penn State (20)
3. Wisconsin (24)
4. Michigan State (16)
5. Nebraska (14)
6. Indiana (19)
7. Northwestern (19)
8. Maryland (18)
9. Iowa (17)
10. Purdue (24)
11. Rutgers (22)
12. Minnesota (19)
13. Illinois (19)
14. Michigan (6)

Michigan last? lol

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost time for the spring games, and michygan still sucks!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's only been 8 years. I truly think this Harbaugh hire will be the end of our struggles. Sure, we might not go 12-0 this year but Harbaugh should have the program rolling in a few. And with our resurgence in Basketball, I see some exciting years in the future.

More exciting is this division that Mich, OSU, PSU and MSU all find themselves in. Holy crap. If all are good at the same time it should make for a pretty awesome season. Even going back to the early 2000's, the big ten schedule was basically like 1 tough game in the middle and then wait for OSU at the end. It would be nice if every Saturday was a tough game.

Norka!

High Dummies, Friends & Lovers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 764.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only been 8 years. I truly think this Harbaugh hire will be the end of our struggles. Sure, we might not go 12-0 this year but Harbaugh should have the program rolling in a few. And with our resurgence in Basketball, I see some exciting years in the future.

More exciting is this division that Mich, OSU, PSU and MSU all find themselves in. Holy crap. If all are good at the same time it should make for a pretty awesome season. Even going back to the early 2000's, the big ten schedule was basically like 1 tough game in the middle and then wait for OSU at the end. It would be nice if every Saturday was a tough game.
Maize, that's an excellent comment and I think anybody that's paying even a little bit of attention to college football would also agree that Michigan's worst days are in the past because of such a high profile hire. But "It's only been eight years" that has got to hurt but you made it funny! Well done my new friend.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any interesting spring games yet? I know they've been showing them on the Big10 Network

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State only loses this year if they beat themselves. Solid chance they win national title this year and next year for 3 straight. Then, 80% of America will hate them like they do the SEC now. Why? Cause we're Americans and we hate whoever is on top. You know, kinda like when many Americans hated USC during their reign prior to the SEC's reign on top. Once Ohio State reigns on top for a few years, Americans will hate them too. There's nothing more pathetic than people who envy and despise other's success rather than celebrating achievement attained via hard work.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State only loses this year if they beat themselves. Solid chance they win national title this year and next year for 3 straight. Then, 80% of America will hate them like they do the SEC now. Why? Cause we're Americans and we hate whoever is on top. You know, kinda like when many Americans hated USC during their reign prior to the SEC's reign on top. Once Ohio State reigns on top for a few years, Americans will hate them too. There's nothing more pathetic than people who envy and despise other's success rather than celebrating achievement attained via hard work.
I think tOSU is already pretty hated

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Ohio State is one of the most hated in the country. Been top 5 in that for at least a decade now.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU's Spring Game is this Saturday @ 2pm on BTN.
v'been a fan since 1965/an alumnus since 1975 (that's a lot of years to learn caution, to not get too confident about 'prospects' for the coming season)...but, damn...
this year feels different. I can't help it. I'm fucking excited!
Sparty lost two critical scheduled games last season (@ORE and OSU)...
This season's schedule features chances for payback (ORE and @OSU.)
That's fucking exciting!

:clap:
gggw

axisoftime

Drinkslinger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State most hated team in the country from 2007 until the Penn State thing exploded.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Ten once again has some chances to impress on big stages this year...MSU and Oregon, Wisconsin and Bama, Minny and TCU, Ohio State and Virginia Tech, Michigan and Utah/Oregon State...which ones am I missing?

axisoftime

Drinkslinger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Ten once again has some chances to impress on big stages this year...MSU and Oregon, Wisconsin and Bama, Minny and TCU, Ohio State and Virginia Tech, Michigan and Utah/Oregon State...which ones am I missing?

These OOC games could be good:

Maryland at West Virginia
Rutgers vs Washington State
Rutgers vs Kansas
Illinois at UNC
Nebraska at Miami
NW vs Stanford
NW at Duke
Purdue vs VT
Indiana at Wake Forest. It's B1G vs ACC. :bolt:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These OOC games could be good:

Maryland at West Virginia
Rutgers vs Washington State
Rutgers vs Kansas
Illinois at UNC
Nebraska at Miami
NW vs Stanford
NW at Duke
Purdue vs VT
Indiana at Wake Forest. It's B1G vs ACC. :bolt:

This one looks like it could be interesting. Kaaya looked like the real deal last year and Nebraska evidently has some under the radar talent to show off. I'm looking forward to watching that one.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would be awesome, but a solid chance? No matter how good a team is I don't think there is ever a solid chance to 3 peat in today's CFB

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be awesome, but a solid chance? No matter how good a team is I don't think there is ever a solid chance to 3 peat in today's CFB
Winning 1 is difficult. Winning back to back is very difficult. 3-peat? Highly doubtful.

But I would take that in a heartbeat.