• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Ohio State (4-0, 1-0) - Last Week: 2 - The Buckeyes put a hurting on everybody they have played, including Purdue. Michigan had the big win, but it is a very close race to #1.

I swear you're high when you post this stuff ... lol

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, Mich is averaging lik 60 PPG vs teams not named Wisconsin. UW was missing their best all around defensive player in that game too. This is easily the best Defense in the country. Too bad our offense is complete trash.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, Mich is averaging lik 60 PPG vs teams not named Wisconsin. UW was missing their best all around defensive player in that game too. This is easily the best Defense in the country. Too bad our offense is complete trash.
youre still not illinois..... :thumb:

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
youre still not illinois..... :thumb:

I honestly don't watch Ill. After watching the Mich game where our QB shits his pants even when there is no pressure, missed three wide open bombs for TD's, threw three int's, WR's with hands of stone, combined with a running game that's worse than it's ever been over the last 3 decades, I'd say we'd give Ill a run for their money for worst offense in the BIG.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't watch Ill. After watching the Mich game where our QB shits his pants even when there is no pressure, missed three wide open bombs for TD's, threw three int's, WR's with hands of stone, combined with a running game that's worse than it's ever been over the last 3 decades, I'd say we'd give Ill a run for their money for worst offense in the BIG.
i live in nj....youre nowhere near the worst offense in the big10

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i live in nj....youre nowhere near the worst offense in the big10

You're probably right. We might be an avg BIG at best on a great day. The O-line, TE are NFL caliber but the rest of the players have done nothing. Man this offense is the worst I've ever watched so I can't imagine how it feels to be a Rutgers or Ill fan.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the most negative person on SportsHoopla.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the most negative person on SportsHoopla.

I just call it like it is. If a player/group/coach is doing very well then I give compliments and if they're playing like the Cleveland Browns then I'll dish out the truth and it hurts some people's feelings but I don't care about there feelings.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My B1G Power Rankings - after week 6

1. Michigan (6-0, 3-0) - Last Week: 1 - Michigan leads the B1G with 300 points scored. OSU has more PPG though. However, Michigan has only allowed eight more points than Ohio State with one more game. I also think Michigan's schedule has been more difficult so far.
2. Ohio State (5-0, 2-0) - Last Week: 2 - The Buckeyes have outscored their opponents 266-54 this season. That is B1G's #1 in PA and PF/game. JT Barrett has the most TD passes in the B1G and 2nd in rushing TDs among B1G QBs.
3. Nebraska (5-0, 2-0) - Last Week: 3 - The Huskers do not move in their bye week. Not at the level of Ohio State and Michigan and is slightly above Wisconsin. Nebraska has shown they can be strong on both sides of the ball.
4. Wisconsin (4-1, 1-1) - Last Week: 4 - The Badgers might have the best defense in the B1G, but their offense hasn't done much. Wisconsin is #6 in the nation and #1 in B1G in allowed rushing yards/game.
5. Penn State (4-2, 2-1) - Last Week: 6 - With the win against the Terps, the Nittany Lions move up a spot. McSorley is #2 in B1G in passing yards and has 8 TDs and 3 interceptions.
6. Maryland (4-1, 1-1) - Last Week: 5 - Maryland drops a spot as they lost to PSU. Although Indiana had a good 3 quarters with Ohio State, Maryland has had a better season so far.
7. Indiana (3-2, 1-1) - Last Week: 8 - Indiana actually rose after a loss, but they showed they can play with top teams for most of the game. They also have a great passing game as Lagow is B1G's leading passer.
8. Northwestern (2-3, 1-1) - Last Week: 10 - Northwestern's win over Iowa is hanging on as they had a bye week and they rose two spots.
9. Iowa (4-2, 2-1) - Last Week: 11 - Iowa raises two spots after beating Minnesota 14-7. Iowa's defense did a great job dominating Gopher's offense, but still struggled on offense.
10. Minnesota (3-2, 0-2) - Last Week: 7 - Minnesota's 1st completed pass came on their final drive of the 1st half, and that drive resulted in an interception. They put one good drive with a couple big runs against the Hawkeyes. They were able to get to Beathard a lot in the pocket.
11. Michigan State (2-3, 0-2) - Last Week: 9 - Michigan has only had one win that was not very close, and that was against struggling ND. They barely got past Furman. Since then, they have not done anything.
12. Purdue (3-2, 1-1) - Last Week: 13 - Purdue rises a spot after defeating Illinois.
13. Rutgers (2-4, 0-3) - Last Week: 12 - Rutgers got beat by over 70 points against Michigan. They have had a tough schedule so far, but they are not looking very good.
14. Illinois (1-4, 0-2) - Last Week: 14 - Illinois has four straight losses and have been outscored Not a very good debut season for Lovie.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Ohio St.
2. Michigan
3. Nebraska
4. Wisconsin
5. Penn St.
6. Iowa
7. Maryland
8. Indiana
9. Michigan St.
10. Purdue
11. Northwestern
12. Minnesota
13. Illinois
14. Rutgers

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just call it like it is. If a player/group/coach is doing very well then I give compliments and if they're playing like the Cleveland Browns then I'll dish out the truth and it hurts some people's feelings but I don't care about there feelings.

Hey!?! We just need one more QB we can rotate in and out of the lineup and we'll be on our way.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My B1G Power Rankings - after week 6

1. Michigan (6-0, 3-0) - Last Week: 1 - Michigan leads the B1G with 300 points scored. OSU has more PPG though. However, Michigan has only allowed eight more points than Ohio State with one more game. I also think Michigan's schedule has been more difficult so far.
2. Ohio State (5-0, 2-0) - Last Week: 2 - The Buckeyes have outscored their opponents 266-54 this season. That is B1G's #1 in PA and PF/game. JT Barrett has the most TD passes in the B1G and 2nd in rushing TDs among B1G QBs.
3. Nebraska (5-0, 2-0) - Last Week: 3 - The Huskers do not move in their bye week. Not at the level of Ohio State and Michigan and is slightly above Wisconsin. Nebraska has shown they can be strong on both sides of the ball.
4. Wisconsin (4-1, 1-1) - Last Week: 4 - The Badgers might have the best defense in the B1G, but their offense hasn't done much. Wisconsin is #6 in the nation and #1 in B1G in allowed rushing yards/game.
5. Penn State (4-2, 2-1) - Last Week: 6 - With the win against the Terps, the Nittany Lions move up a spot. McSorley is #2 in B1G in passing yards and has 8 TDs and 3 interceptions.
6. Maryland (4-1, 1-1) - Last Week: 5 - Maryland drops a spot as they lost to PSU. Although Indiana had a good 3 quarters with Ohio State, Maryland has had a better season so far.
7. Indiana (3-2, 1-1) - Last Week: 8 - Indiana actually rose after a loss, but they showed they can play with top teams for most of the game. They also have a great passing game as Lagow is B1G's leading passer.
8. Northwestern (2-3, 1-1) - Last Week: 10 - Northwestern's win over Iowa is hanging on as they had a bye week and they rose two spots.
9. Iowa (4-2, 2-1) - Last Week: 11 - Iowa raises two spots after beating Minnesota 14-7. Iowa's defense did a great job dominating Gopher's offense, but still struggled on offense.
10. Minnesota (3-2, 0-2) - Last Week: 7 - Minnesota's 1st completed pass came on their final drive of the 1st half, and that drive resulted in an interception. They put one good drive with a couple big runs against the Hawkeyes. They were able to get to Beathard a lot in the pocket.
11. Michigan State (2-3, 0-2) - Last Week: 9 - Michigan has only had one win that was not very close, and that was against struggling ND. They barely got past Furman. Since then, they have not done anything.
12. Purdue (3-2, 1-1) - Last Week: 13 - Purdue rises a spot after defeating Illinois.
13. Rutgers (2-4, 0-3) - Last Week: 12 - Rutgers got beat by over 70 points against Michigan. They have had a tough schedule so far, but they are not looking very good.
14. Illinois (1-4, 0-2) - Last Week: 14 - Illinois has four straight losses and have been outscored Not a very good debut season for Lovie.

I agree, those 5 home games to start the season must have been brutal. Then, to have to go on your first road game against Rutgers?! No way should they be undefeated

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, those 5 home games to start the season must have been brutal. Then, to have to go on your first road game against Rutgers?! No way should they be undefeated

Ohio State

BGSU - now 1-5
Tulsa - now 4-1
@ OU - now 3-2
Rutg - now 2-4
Ind - now 3-2

Michigan

Hawaii - now 3-3
UCF - now 3-2
Colorado - now 4-2
PSU - now 4-2
Wisky - now 4-1
@ Rutg - now 2-4

Yes, I still say Michigan has had it tougher so far this season.