• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tHE BECS NeEDS tOGO NOw

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana, who trailed Michigan 47-49 in Ann Arbor with just 6 minutes remaining.
Indiana is capable of an offensive explosion in a shootout, against a shaky Michigan team, but is not a "quality win".

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um, missouri has looked better than ohio state so far this year and it really isn't that close (that's why they are ranked ahead of them in 5 of the 6 computers which have far less bias than human rankings). they've played a tougher schedule and won every game by at least 15 points (which those computers ignore).

oh, and i wouldn't pimp a win over a team (a game that came down to the final play no less) that has lost 3 in a row including a home game to minnesota if you want to be taken seriously.
Tell me how does a computer know if somebody "looks" better?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana is capable of an offensive explosion in a shootout, against a shaky Michigan team, but is not a "quality win".

Missouri didn't just squeak by that offensive explosion known as Indiana either.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the PAC is ours. Have you seen us play compared to the PACs top teams? Stanford and UCLA are nowhere near the level of Oregon.

And Washington isn't ranked anymore, they are not our quality win, I would say our quality win is the historic beatdown of Tennessee, a team that just beat #11 South Carolina. And we could have beaten UW by 28, but we took a knee before scoring again.

You said the PAC was "yours" last year. How'd that work out for ya?

This BCS nonsense is why Pete Carroll gave up his vote in the coaches poll and quit worrying so much about the BCSNCG.

Did he want to make it and win the thing every year? Of course, he's a competitive guy. But he decided to focus on what USC could control which was their conference and that weeks game. After the 2003 season when USC was left out despite being #1 in both human polls, the goals were #1.) Win the PAC, #2.) Win the Rose Bowl. Anything beyond those 2 goals was gravy!!

The BCS is what it is and fortunately will be going the way of the Dodo Bird after this season. The Ducks and their fans should just worry about beating the opponent that is in front of them each week. If they accomplish that feat, they will likely be happy about where they end up!!

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF IS THIS UTTER FUCKING BULLSHIT!!?!?!? HUG!?! HUH!!??! BCS!?!? WTF ARE YOU MORONS THINKING!?!? Absiollutely SHAMEFUL that ORegon gets robebd of the starting 2nd spot on the BCS. We shouldn't have to Jump anyone, this shit is OURs. FUCK im pissed right now at this bullshit candy licker. I've seen more BULLSHIT sitting in astronomy class.

WOW...the CFB playoff committee needs to START THIS YEAR NO more waiting for next year. Conda lisa rice get your ass togethere, call yup your boys and lets get this thing rolling NOW. Wahy wait a fucking year!??!? Why?!? This is complete bullshit. Lets go! Ohi oState vs Oregon ....Alabama vs FSU semi finals and lets meet on January 8th for the Natty.
The BCS ERA has FUCKED Oregon far too many times now.

WOW..

With that said Oregon wins out and they will indeed jump FSU, Oregon has #12 UCLA, #8 Stanford and soon to be ranked Oregon State remaining, PLUS the PAC CCG. So Oregon will be fine. Plus the media wants to see Ducks/Bama, it's been like a UFC heavyweight fight being promoted and hyped for the past 2 years.

So this is a meltdown. Gather all the family together so that the kiddies can see and observe all the facets of a meltdown.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't understand how FSU jumps Oregon; especially when just about every football fan wants to see Oregon finally play Alabama. That said, seems to me the above is correct in that Oregon will regain the 2nd spot if they win out.....hopefully. We really need for the playoff to start this year.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't understand how FSU jumps Oregon; especially when just about every football fan wants to see Oregon finally play Alabama. That said, seems to me the above is correct in that Oregon will regain the 2nd spot if they win out.....hopefully. We really need for the playoff to start this year.
I understand. The FSU over Clemson is better than what Oregon has done so far.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF IS THIS UTTER FUCKING BULLSHIT!!?!?!? HUG!?! HUH!!??! BCS!?!? WTF ARE YOU MORONS THINKING!?!? Absiollutely SHAMEFUL that ORegon gets robebd of the starting 2nd spot on the BCS. We shouldn't have to Jump anyone, this shit is OURs. FUCK im pissed right now at this bullshit candy licker. I've seen more BULLSHIT sitting in astronomy class.

WOW...the CFB playoff committee needs to START THIS YEAR NO more waiting for next year. Conda lisa rice get your ass togethere, call yup your boys and lets get this thing rolling NOW. Wahy wait a fucking year!??!? Why?!? This is complete bullshit. Lets go! Ohi oState vs Oregon ....Alabama vs FSU semi finals and lets meet on January 8th for the Natty.
The BCS ERA has FUCKED Oregon far too many times now.

WOW..

With that said Oregon wins out and they will indeed jump FSU, Oregon has #12 UCLA, #8 Stanford and soon to be ranked Oregon State remaining, PLUS the PAC CCG. So Oregon will be fine. Plus the media wants to see Ducks/Bama, it's been like a UFC heavyweight fight being promoted and hyped for the past 2 years.

hidyourkids.jpg

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not put Oregon and OSU in the Rose Bowl for the traditional matchup? And Alabama and FSU in New Orleans is fairer in terms of fan travel too.

Of course that would make sense, but the seeding system is what it is. 1 and 4 play , and 2 and 3 play.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not sure how many of the computers really take stats into account.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't the computers expressly forbidden to use margin of victory or other statistical numbers like rushing/passing yards? Thought it was all who beat who

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't the computers expressly forbidden to use margin of victory or other statistical numbers like rushing/passing yards? Thought it was all who beat who

BCS ones are.

But there are tons and tons of non BCS computers.

College Football Ranking Composite

It will get more results in over the week. It's a composite of all the rankings.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course that would make sense, but the seeding system is what it is. 1 and 4 play , and 2 and 3 play.

Yeah but the committee can seed the teams however they like, and I bet the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl would have opinions...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but the committee can seed the teams however they like, and I bet the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl would have opinions...

It's the one time the bowl selection committees don't have the power to choose. But will still make out like bandits financially by organizing it all. The playoff committee picks the four teams and tells them whose going where.

And thank god, because the only criteria the Sugarbowl pimps use is which teams fanbase will fill the most hotel rooms and empty their wallets in the French quarter when picking the AQ team.