• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 offseason thread

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he makes good on it and earns the total value of the contract. I don’t think JJ is the type that will take off now that he’s gotten paid, but I’m not sure.
I'm with you, hope for the best, but by no means is this guy gonna coast from this point forward. After all, he still has another contract in him before he finally calls it a career.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Mac Jones being traded for a late round pick, what is Fields value now...in your opinions of course

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Mac Jones being traded for a late round pick, what is Fields value now...in your opinions of course
There was a time and not long ago at that I felt Fields would command a 2nd round and change. Now I'm not even sure we'd get a 3rd round for him. The bottom line is between the draft, free agency, and team cuts, the QB market is oversaturated. Pretty much like the real estate market, when the supply exceeds the demand, prices go down. It's looking that way for tradeable QBs as well.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think a 3rd......JF is closer to a franchis qb than Mac Jones......Jones is absolutley horrible.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say Byard was high on my must-sign list, but I like having a position of need already addressed even before free agency officially begins. With the safety spot out of the way, Poles can focus on other needs, such as center (please don't let Bates be our end-all to this position), a DE/Edge to pair with Sweat, and of course a much needed WR opposite Moore.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say Byard was high on my must-sign list, but I like having a position of need already addressed even before free agency officially begins. With the safety spot out of the way, Poles can focus on other needs, such as center (please don't let Bates be our end-all to this position), a DE/Edge to pair with Sweat, and of course a much needed WR opposite Moore.
15 for 2 yrs,I think is a nice signing,what I dont like is why the Eagles are letting him go after just trading for him during season's tradeline......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 for 2 yrs,I think is a nice signing,what I dont like is why the Eagles are letting him go after just trading for him during season's tradeline......
Think it was more of a cap space issue as opposed to them just thinking he wasn't worthy of being on the roster. A Philly fan could probably offer more insight.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do gotta ask,if we are trading Justin,why does Ryan let Justin to go out a find a team like Zach Wilson......??

SOnething is just not adding up.....

I would of tended to think a trade should of been done before fa opens up tomorrow.......

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was viewed as more of a rental to try and plug a hole on a defense/team that was spiraling. The Eagles core is getting older and Cox/Kelce just retired. I think they're looking to get younger. Byard's PFF ratings over the past 6 years stand tall over Jackson. Of course, I do understand concern with age.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was viewed as more of a rental to try and plug a hole on a defense/team that was spiraling. The Eagles core is getting older and Cox/Kelce just retired. I think they're looking to get younger. Byard's PFF ratings over the past 6 years stand tall over Jackson. Of course, I do understand concern with age.

Right on,Byard with a 2 yr signing is short term for us.....
Now if we can get one of those hi-end def tackles our def will be off to the races...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:2cents:
Who knows? Maybe a 5th? Heard Bears' president Warren really likes Fields. Maybe they pull a rabbit out of the hat?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still plenty of offseason left, including the draft. But so far all I can say is I'm a bit non-plussed with what's transpired to date. I appreciate Poles adding some much needed depth to the roster, especially the OL, and in this respect I think he's done well. And a big congrats on securing JJ for another 4 years. I've been waiting for some type of "WOW" signing, but it's beginning to look like this ain't gonna happen. We still have two critical spots to fill at WR and DE/Edge. If he's waiting for the draft to fill them both, unless he trades the #1 back to where it's obvious he won't take a QB, then one of these two spots won't get filled, at least not with a high end pick.

My grade so far: C, maybe leaning toward a C+

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still plenty of offseason left, including the draft. But so far all I can say is I'm a bit non-plussed with what's transpired to date. I appreciate Poles adding some much needed depth to the roster, especially the OL, and in this respect I think he's done well. And a big congrats on securing JJ for another 4 years. I've been waiting for some type of "WOW" signing, but it's beginning to look like this ain't gonna happen. We still have two critical spots to fill at WR and DE/Edge. If he's waiting for the draft to fill them both, unless he trades the #1 back to where it's obvious he won't take a QB, then one of these two spots won't get filled, at least not with a high end pick.

My grade so far: C, maybe leaning toward a C+
Allen gotta bump that up some...