• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 offseason thread

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a horrible trade. Harbaugh doing a number on the Bears front office (yeah yeah he's not the GM). Keenan Allen will be 32 years old and is always injured. What is the point of this trade exactly? You make a trade like this to put your team over the top. We don't have a QB, oline, dline but now we have aging 32 year old with injury history and the idiot Bear fan nation is happy about it.

Good grief.

I mean...I knew this was coming because #geniusthings.

But it's a good trade this time.

Williams will now have 2 options that will be exactly where they should be in routes and have experience to cover him if/when a play breaks down.

Also, using a 4th on a WR leaves us now the ability to do what you would like us to do: Focus our 9th pick, 3rd pick, other 4th pick (maybe another 3-5 pick from trading Fields?) on young talent in the trenches.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember reading last night,Keenan is in his ginal year of his contract,we have the money and used it wisely,if he performs well like we all know he can,maybe he earns another year.......
If old age catches up to him,well then we got CW a seasoned vet to get him started out and then we will replace him in 2025.....
He does miss a lot of time tho,14 games missed last 4 years,2019 was his ladt time he played a full season.......but those injured seasons he was still very productive..........

Good signing.........I like it

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean it wouldn't surprise me by any means, but two top-tens to a team that is already not far off and young af sounds pretty awesome too.

I believe this team can win sooner than later. The back 7 is stacked with decent depth, front 4 has a stud and upcoming youth inside.

O is a couple linemen and a 3 from being legit. OH, and a fucking QB. Ugh
You are stretching the truth a bit here. First, we have NO clue that Caleb will be able to grasp and respond quickly to NFL defensive complexity. We have NO clue if he can grasp the speed of NFL caliber wide outs. No clue if he can grasp movement in the pocket with the speed of D linemen... Anticipating throws... Knowing the offense in one off season... A LOT of variables to think, just with Caleb, forgetting for a second the rest of the offense has to learn a new scheme as well, for the Bears to be a win sooner team.

While I understand the Allen trade because the Bears have NO wide receivers aside from one and he is a competent starting body, he isn't the future, not 2 years down the road future I suspect.

And I really do know you know this. Capt obvious out.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenan Allen will be 32 years old and is always injured.

Yet he has managed to catch 100+ balls in 4 of the last 5 seasons.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears offense has lacked a weapon over the middle of the field. If you're drafting CW.....he's gonna attack the middle.

Keenan Allen is a slot receiver that lives over the middle of the field.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a horrible trade. Harbaugh doing a number on the Bears front office (yeah yeah he's not the GM). Keenan Allen will be 32 years old and is always injured. What is the point of this trade exactly? You make a trade like this to put your team over the top. We don't have a QB, oline, dline but now we have aging 32 year old with injury history and the idiot Bear fan nation is happy about it.

Good grief.

close-door-the-office.gif

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are stretching the truth a bit here. First, we have NO clue that Caleb will be able to grasp and respond quickly to NFL defensive complexity. We have NO clue if he can grasp the speed of NFL caliber wide outs. No clue if he can grasp movement in the pocket with the speed of D linemen... Anticipating throws... Knowing the offense in one off season... A LOT of variables to think, just with Caleb, forgetting for a second the rest of the offense has to learn a new scheme as well, for the Bears to be a win sooner team.

While I understand the Allen trade because the Bears have NO wide receivers aside from one and he is a competent starting body, he isn't the future, not 2 years down the road future I suspect.

And I really do know you know this. Capt obvious out.
Ok, first, I never said anything about Caleb. The post I was responding to did. I don't know who they'll take at 1 if anyone even. The premise was trading back out of 9. He thought they would, I said I could see it, but that two picks in the top ten would be great for a good young team looking for a couple day-one starters.

The Bears have a good young core. A top drafted QB or Fields, they are not far off of being a good team, and we all know that. Hell, EVERY team can flip it in an offseason.

What did I say that was stretching the truth?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, first, I never said anything about Caleb. The post I was responding to did. I don't know who they'll take at 1 if anyone even. The premise was trading back out of 9. He thought they would, I said I could see it, but that two picks in the top ten would be great for a good young team looking for a couple day-one starters.

The Bears have a good young core. A top drafted QB or Fields, they are not far off of being a good team, and we all know that. Hell, EVERY team can flip it in an offseason.

What did I say that was stretching the truth?
I don't know that you stretched it, perhaps the article you were responding too. Honestly, I was just getting going in the morning sans coffee, eats, who knows what I was thinking.

I do like our D, but the O has a long way to go before I'm comfortable thinking they will flip things. And yea, Poles is either flipping 1 or 9 for more picks, or even both if Caleb isn't their guy at 1. And like I said, I'm confident you knew this and I was being rather obvious.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else hear that Keenan Allen said that he was excited to play with Moore and Justin Fields?

Maybe @Lake Shore Drive can find the quote?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Young still available. Didn't like his effort in the playoffs though.

What's he supposed to say though?
As it was related to me by several coworkers, Allen was asked about being in Chicago, not who he'd be playing along side. Some are saying his response is an indicator the Bears are keeping Fields.

Just speculation mind you. Was hoping someone could find the exchange for clarification.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some are saying his response is an indicator the Bears are keeping Fields.

Do you an NFL GM would tell an incoming player he likely doesn't know very well what the team is doing?

Knowing how players post on social media and leak stuff to the press all time?

Poles comes across as a guy who keeps things close to the vest. I'd find it highly unlikely he would disclose his intentions to a player.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poles told Keenan Allen exactly what we've been told from day 1. They are evaluating all options. That means taking Caleb or keeping Fields. So Allen is probably addressing questions as if both are possible.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the Williams/Fields thing...I think Poles is a pretty upfront guy with the players. I think he means it when he says he doesn't want to string Justin along and will try to get a resolution quickly. I don't think the Bears' attempt to bring in Williams immediately (which Williams cancelled) was just about excitedness for him being a Bear...but also to close the door on the decision sooner than later for Justin's sake.

I mean...This is all hunch/conjecture...but seems to me it would be the most honest, forthright approach, so why wouldn't Poles do so?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poles told Keenan Allen exactly what we've been told from day 1. They are evaluating all options. That means taking Caleb or keeping Fields. So Allen is probably addressing questions as if both are possible.

And say he waasssss told,which I vrry highly doubt,No way in hell is he leaking that out.......

I said this in another postbut I was at a Bears convention back in the early 2000s and asked (an active Bears player sbout who we were taking no.1,his reply was " they tell us nothing"

And I believe this is still the case today.......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's Keenan initial presser as the Bears new WR:

Seems like a quiet, easy going, yet confident guy. He mentions more than once that he thinks the offense has a lot of weapons and will be solid - he praised DJ in particular several times. He also avoided any potential controversy regarding the QB sitch. The fun fact learned here near the end of the presser was that he appeared on The Masked Singer. Whuda thunk.