• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4* and Top 50 player in the class of 2017, Brandon Randolph, is visiting Syracuse this weekend. UNC and Wake (and maybe Louisville) are also going after Randolph.

From Jeff Borzello.....

@jeffborzello

Brandon Randolph (No. 40) tells me he will announce his college decision tomorrow night. Arizona, Syracuse, Oregon, Wake Forest involved.

My thought is he's heading to zona. He just visited Zona last weekend and his decision comes really quick after. Plus 247sports all have him Arizona bound.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Borzello.....

@jeffborzello

Brandon Randolph (No. 40) tells me he will announce his college decision tomorrow night. Arizona, Syracuse, Oregon, Wake Forest involved.

My thought is he's heading to zona. He just visited Zona last weekend and his decision comes really quick after. Plus 247sports all have him Arizona bound.

Really disappointing that Wake didn't even get an official visit, after being on him for quite awhile. Oh well, such is recruiting.

Like Wake's 2017 class, so on to 2018.

Wake will probably be after a few in-state products in 2018. Devon Dotson, Jarius Hamilton, John Newman and Will Dilliard. I know for sure they are after Dotson, Newman and Dillard. Will probably need a big or two in 2018, as well.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really disappointing that Wake didn't even get an official visit, after being on him for quite awhile. Oh well, such is recruiting.

Like Wake's 2017 class, so on to 2018.

Wake will probably be after a few in-state products in 2018. Devon Dotson, Jarius Hamilton, John Newman and Will Dilliard. I know for sure they are after Dotson, Newman and Dillard. Will probably need a big or two in 2018, as well.

Chaundee Brown is a really nice pick up for Wake. Perfect recruit for Wake, don't quite think he's a one and done player, but he's a really talented player that will be there for probably at least 2/3 years. He could put them into the tournament his freshman season, but I definitely think Wake gets there in his sophomore season. For some reason the ACC is more intriguing to me when Wake is a contender. Really enjoyed the run Wake had from the mid 90's to mid 2000's.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really disappointing that Wake didn't even get an official visit.

IKR. I thought he was leaning Wake's direction.

And how about AZs recruiting? I'm not sure what they are offering ... Peyote? Cactus juice? Armadillo wagons? I don't get it but recruits like what they are pitching.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IKR. I thought he was leaning Wake's direction.

And how about AZs recruiting? I'm not sure what they are offering ... Peyote? Cactus juice? Armadillo wagons? I don't get it but recruits like what they are pitching.

Despite the CB's favoring Wake at one point, tough to say he was leaning Wake's direction as he never scheduled an OV with them. Until you get a scheduled OV, you aren't really in the running, imo.

Recruiting analysts have also suggested that Chaundee Brown's commitment made Wake a little less attractive to Randolph. I don't really agree with that, but that is their take on it.

Also, Arizona is probably going to have another monster class this year.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chaundee Brown is a really nice pick up for Wake. Perfect recruit for Wake, don't quite think he's a one and done player, but he's a really talented player that will be there for probably at least 2/3 years. He could put them into the tournament his freshman season, but I definitely think Wake gets there in his sophomore season. For some reason the ACC is more intriguing to me when Wake is a contender. Really enjoyed the run Wake had from the mid 90's to mid 2000's.

I think Manning is bringing in really good players, and he is slowly, but surely improving the program. Really think he gets it and will be able to bring Wake back to the Odom/Prosser/Gaudio years. Will be young (again) this year, but unlike previous seasons, you can tell that the young players have the potential to develop into something special.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC's recruiting class for 2017 seems weird:

*****/****- Jalek Felton
****/***- Brandon Huffman
***- Andrew Palek
***- Sterling Manley

Just a weird class for UNC as Felton is the only consensus Top 100 player they have committed.

What makes it so strange is that Roy has never shown that being able to identify under-rated or under the rader recruits is a strength of his.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

*****/****- Jalek Felton
***- Andrew Palek
***- Sterling Manley

Just a weird class for UNC as Felton is the only consensus Top 100 player they have committed.

What makes it so strange is that Roy has never shown that being able to identify under-rated or under the rader recruits is a strength of his.

It is really weird. As it stands right now, going off of average star rating they don't even have a top 50 average star rating(going off of 247). Obviously that'll change as some of these schools with 1 four star prospect so far need to fill out their class, but still, I can't see this particular class finishing in the top 25, which is strange to say about UNC. When was the last time they had a 4 kid class not finish in the top 25? It might be never(as far as when the recruiting services started keeping track)

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is really weird. As it stands right now, going off of average star rating they don't even have a top 50 average star rating(going off of 247). Obviously that'll change as some of these schools with 1 four star prospect so far need to fill out their class, but still, I can't see this particular class finishing in the top 25, which is strange to say about UNC. When was the last time they had a 4 kid class not finish in the top 25? It might be never(as far as when the recruiting services started keeping track)

Don't think that has ever happened. FWIW, their 2015 class doesn't look too strong either. Kenny Williams didn't get much PT last year, but he was a Freshman on a 33-7 FF team. Still has time to develop.

Luke Maye, their other 2015 signee, doesn't look like he is an ACC player.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't think that has ever happened. FWIW, their 2015 class doesn't look too strong either. Kenny Williams didn't get much PT last year, but he was a Freshman on a 33-7 FF team. Still has time to develop.

Luke Maye, their other 2015 signee, doesn't look like he is an ACC player.

Yeah they may in trouble heading into 2017-2018. They lose Hicks, Meeks and Britt and Jackson and Pinson may declare for the draft(Jackson almost did this year) Berry will be a solid player for them, but they are going to need significant contributions from their 2016 class next year. The one good thing about that is I don't think they have any and done type of players in their 2016 class. I think UNC will be fine this year top 10/15ish, but like I said 2017-2018 could be rough, but they usually have a down year every once in a while. IIRC I don't think they made the tournament in 2010.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might have something to do with the academic scandal either scaring away recruits or UNC trying to turn over a new leaf by going after players who will actually graduate? :noidea:

Either way, Felton is a stud. He's my favorite player from that class.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have something to do with the academic scandal either scaring away recruits or UNC trying to turn over a new leaf by going after players who will actually graduate? :noidea:

Either way, Felton is a stud. He's my favorite player from that class.

You may not be too far off, I had heard that the scandal prevented Ingram from going to UNC and picking Duke. Not to discredit Nova for the Championship, but if Ingram were on UNC, my guess is they probably win the title. Obviously we'll never know, and Ingram went to Duke, and as a by product Nova was a deserving National Champion.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may not be too far off, I had heard that the scandal prevented Ingram from going to UNC and picking Duke. Not to discredit Nova for the Championship, but if Ingram were on UNC, my guess is they probably win the title. Obviously we'll never know, and Ingram went to Duke, and as a by product Nova was a deserving National Champion.

There were definitely lots of stars that had to align for last year to happen. :agree:

I also believe University of North Carolina basketball will be just fine.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think anyone believes UNC in trouble. Their class this year just isn't a class, from a ratings perspective, that they usually sign.

They already have 2 commitments in the class of 2018. Both are highly rated.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think anyone believes UNC in trouble. Their class this year just isn't a class, from a ratings perspective, that they usually sign.

I did say they would be in trouble for 2017-2018, only because I'm comparing them to the expectations that they've set forth due to the program they are. When I say trouble, I'm thinking they could be like an 8/9 seed in the tournament, like they were a couple years ago. Given the team I root for believe me I would sign up for that "trouble" every single year.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree it's still a bit weird.

Still, if the kids can't cut it, they typically transfer and then those spots will be freed up.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a program, UNC had a TON of momentum from 2004 to 2009, and were the #1 program in College Basketball during that time span. The 2010 NIT year, Calipari to UK and Coach K adjusting his recruiting philosophy (or the hiring of Jeff Capel) put a halt to that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

*****/****- Jalek Felton
***- Andrew Palek
***- Sterling Manley

eventually he will strike gold.. Might just be this year.