• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 18 game season

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give a meaningful argument it isn't ALL about money.
Besides the fact that fans love the NFL and ratings have grown significantly?

Personally, I’d love to have a longer NFL season. I’m not sure why 16 or 17 games is the perfect number and 18 games takes away or even ruins it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the fact that fans love the NFL and ratings have grown significantly?

Personally, I’d love to have a longer NFL season. I’m not sure why 16 or 17 games is the perfect number and 18 games takes away or even ruins it.
"17 doesn't ruin it"
"18 doesn't ruin it"
"19 doesn't ruin it"
"20 doesn't ruin it"
"21 doesn't ruin it"
"82 doesn't ruin it"

It's retard thinking.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love watching football and all, but I think they need to stop adding more games. It's very bad for the players' health.

Sipping Tea Time GIF

Altho I agree with that,they need to quitasking for more money each year.......
It already costs an arm n leg now,any more raises its gonna cost my nads too......

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get to the NBA load management bullshit in football then I'm done with football.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One extra game isn’t going to change things.

Sure it will, gate revenues and TV money will all go up...and regular season gate and TV money are more than preseason for every team, probably....

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love watching football and all, but I think they need to stop adding more games. It's very bad for the players' health.

Sipping Tea Time GIF
Agreed... And it's just not a good product on the field it seems the past few years with all the injuries... Last year, they went into one week with backup QBs on 22 of the 32 teams starting that weekend... It's just hard to watch...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get to the NBA load management bullshit in football then I'm done with football.

I'm not sure how long you've been watching football, but they've been going more and more to load management with many of the positions in the NFL. You don't see too many players on the field for 100% of the defensive snaps any more and the same goes for the skill positions on offense. The OLine and QB are on the field for all of them, for the most part, but the rest of the players are situational, and it's been that way for a while and is trending more that way.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how long you've been watching football, but they've been going more and more to load management with many of the positions in the NFL. You don't see too many players on the field for 100% of the defensive snaps any more and the same goes for the skill positions on offense. The OLine and QB are on the field for all of them, for the most part, but the rest of the players are situational, and it's been that way for a while and is trending more that way.
I was talking more taking games off, but i agree. You keep adding games, you will see players taking games off

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For good reason. It enhances the odds of winning games by having depth.

For the most part NFL players, aside from
QBs, are just meat.

If guy doesn’t do everything he can to be on the field, he won’t be under contract long.

Ben Simmons the football player would’ve retired against his will years ago.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, even that wouldn't be so bad. If the rich cripples would be smart with their money. Way too many NFL players live paycheck to paycheck though.

The cripples aren't typically the rich ones. For example, the Rams only have 14 players making more than $1M per. The median salary in the NFL is 860K and the average NFL career is 3.3 years.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"17 doesn't ruin it"
"18 doesn't ruin it"
"19 doesn't ruin it"
"20 doesn't ruin it"
"21 doesn't ruin it"
"82 doesn't ruin it"

It's retard thinking.
Wow! You are quite passionate about not having 18 regular season games. I can't imagine what your thoughts were when it moved up from a 12 game season.

I've personally enjoyed the 17 game season, and I'm not sure why I wouldn't like an 18 season too. :noidea:

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking more taking games off, but i agree. You keep adding games, you will see players taking games off

I'm not sure I agree with that. Most contracts are not guaranteed (yet), and they are often heavily incentivized. I could see more load management within a game, but I don't think players will volunteer to sit out entire games knowing it could make it difficult for them to get their incentive bonuses. At least I haven't seen it much watching the Lions this past year in the 17 game season.

I hope if they go with 18 games, they give them two off weeks. I think that would help greatly in their recovery from the extra game. I'd be in favor of starting the season in mid August and giving them 3 off weeks during the season (I know that won't happen). People love football, so extending the season doesn't seem like a bad idea here...in my opinion. Add a few more roster spots to each team while you're at it too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I agree with that. Most contracts are not guaranteed (yet), and they are often heavily incentivized. I could see more load management within a game, but I don't think players will volunteer to sit out entire games knowing it could make it difficult for them to get their incentive bonuses. At least I haven't seen it much watching the Lions this past year in the 17 game season.

I hope if they go with 18 games, they give them two off weeks. I think that would help greatly in their recovery from the extra game. I'd be in favor of starting the season in mid August and giving them 3 off weeks during the season (I know that won't happen). People love football, so extending the season doesn't seem like a bad idea here...in my opinion. Add a few more roster spots to each team while you're at it too.

I think they should go to two off weeks even before they consider adding an 18th game.