• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrell Davis should not be a HOF

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100% with this in bold.

Disagree mostly on your Davis comments...SBowl means jackshit? You gotta take about half a dz guys out then, starting with Namath.

Where I do agree...his career was too short to be in the HOF...but when there is precedent (Sayers) it just opens the door for more borderline players to get in.

Jerry Jones in, Terrell Owens not...is just silly...I wouldn't spend a dime to walk in there.

Oh would be PERFECTLY fine with that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owners being in the HOF should only be in special circumstances. Jones is an ego-driven media whore, no real reason to put him in the HOF. That should be reserved for guys like Ralph Wilson, Lamar Hunt, Halas, Lambeau, etc.; owners that made a substantial contribution to the sport. Hiring his former teammate Jimmy Johnson after firing Landry should not be enough to get in the HOF.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot's of red hot sports opinions here.

I went to the HOF two summers ago and stayed 7 hours. Great experience for those not all hung up on stats as the only measuring stick. I tend to see it as those who revolutionized the game during their time in the league.
I have no issue with Namath, T. Davis, nor the Kansas Comet being in. I don't see where Jerry Jones belongs but the NFL is all about money these days and Jerry made a ton for himself and the other owners, so I understand the selection.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owners being in the HOF should only be in special circumstances. Jones is an ego-driven media whore, no real reason to put him in the HOF. That should be reserved for guys like Ralph Wilson, Lamar Hunt, Halas, Lambeau, etc.; owners that made a substantial contribution to the sport. Hiring his former teammate Jimmy Johnson after firing Landry should not be enough to get in the HOF.

I actually think Jones is a good owner...yeah, he's a different breed, but he's a smart businessman and had been instrumental with several marketing ideas other owners have copied.

But, he didn't make the Cowboys brand...it was already built. I think it was time for Landry and Schramm to move on, but the way he did it was disgraceful....I agree his handling of that should be just cause to never be in the HOF.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Jones is a good owner...yeah, he's a different breed, but he's a smart businessman and had been instrumental with several marketing ideas other owners have copied.

But, he didn't make the Cowboys brand...it was already built. I think it was time for Landry and Schramm to move on, but the way he did it was disgraceful....I agree his handling of that should be just cause to never be in the HOF.

He basically chased away Jimmy Johnson as well, and was able to score one more super bowl with Switzer running Johnson's team, but has done bupkis since.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He basically chased away Jimmy Johnson as well, and was able to score one more super bowl with Switzer running Johnson's team, but has done bupkis since.

Yep...egos got in the way. People routinely slam Jones for his "GM" role, and he's had his share of blunders, but he's got a talented squad. He's in a pickle with Romo's contract imo, but that's a by-product of a great value draft pick.

He shouldn't be in the HOF, but a team could do worse than Jones as an owner.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alan Faneca was a 9x Pro Bowler, 6x First Team all pro, 2x Second Team All Pro
Brian Dawkins was a 9x Pro Bowler, 4x First Team All Pro, 2x Second Team All Pro
Terrell Davis is a 3x Pro Bowler, 3x First Team All Pro

At some point, we're judging the position and not the career

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Dawkins was a 9x Pro Bowler, 4x First Team All Pro, 2x Second Team All Pro

Agreed. I would expect Faneca and Dawkins to get in eventually though.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Faneca is the only 6x NFL First Team All Pro, who is eligible, who is not in the HOF.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gets in due to playoffs, id imagine.

Warner is just as difficult of a sell. He threw 2 of the most costly Ints of all time and was surrounded with talent.
warner started 16 games 3 times. he averaged 9 games a year.

not a HOFer

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the too short of career crowd:

Player A: 68 games, 6263 rushing yards, 1307 receiving yards, 39 total touchdowns.

Player B: 86 games, 8747 rushing yards, 1411 receiving yards, 60 total touchdowns.

Player A: never won a championship, never MVP, in the hall of fame.

Player B: won 2 championships, one MVP and Super Bowl MVP, just voted in.

Player B is Terrell Davis
Player A is Gale Sayers

Firstly, I think TD is deserving of induction. But when looking at these stats you're comparing players of very different eras with respect to offensive production. Gayle Sayers, playing on a mediocre-to-bad team, was universally considered the best RB in the league from the minute he set foot on an NFL playing field until his 2nd knee injury over 5 year later finally took him down. He had no peers. Nobody else was even in the conversation. The same cannot be said of TD.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
warner started 16 games 3 times. he averaged 9 games a year.

not a HOFer

Speaking of the HOF have you written them a letter yet asking if they could build a separate wing just for Brady? He's an all time great QB...but he'll always be an asshole from ann arbor.:D

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firstly, I think TD is deserving of induction. But when looking at these stats you're comparing players of very different eras with respect to offensive production. Gayle Sayers, playing on a mediocre-to-bad team, was universally considered the best RB in the league from the minute he set foot on an NFL playing field until his 2nd knee injury over 5 year later finally took him down. He had no peers. Nobody else was even in the conversation. The same cannot be said of TD.
I'm not going to pretend I was old enough to see these guys, but doesn't Leroy Kelly have to be in the same conversation for the era?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When TD was playing he was considered the best at his position over the likes of other Hall of Famers such as Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, among others. A lot of former NFL players and analysts say to be in the HOF you should have to be the best at your position and TD was.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to pretend I was old enough to see these guys, but doesn't Leroy Kelly have to be in the same conversation for the era?

Kelly was one of the best of the rest. Floyd Little was another. After Jim Brown's retirement after the 65 & Sayers rookie season, Sayers was considered a cut above all of them. I was a kid at the time, but that's my recollection. All-Pro his first 5 seasons.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the HOF have you written them a letter yet asking if they could build a separate wing just for Brady? He's an all time great QB...but he'll always be an asshole from ann arbor.:D
lol

poor buckeyes

I'm not a college football guy being from the northeast. All I have is memories of flutie, foley vs notre dame, and the hasselbecks.

unreal what brady is still doing when most guys his (my) age get hurt sneezing.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When TD was playing he was considered the best at his position over the likes of other Hall of Famers such as Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, among others. A lot of former NFL players and analysts say to be in the HOF you should have to be the best at your position and TD was.

Maybe in Denver he was considered better than Sanders. But in any case, Sanders & Smith were always in that conversation. Nobody was considered Sayers peer as a RB after Brown retired.. was my point.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

poor buckeyes

I'm not a college football guy being from the northeast. All I have is memories of flutie, foley vs notre dame, and the hasselbecks.

unreal what brady is still doing when most guys his (my) age get hurt sneezing.

Why say poor Buckeyes? I didn't even want them in the Playoff, not surprised they lost. Getting shutout though kinda sucked. Anyway I heard a rumor that the key to Brady's health is directly tied to Ray Lewis brand deer antler spray. Is that true?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why say poor Buckeyes? I didn't even want them in the Playoff, not surprised they lost. Getting shutout though kinda sucked. Anyway I heard a rumor that the key to Brady's health is directly tied to Ray Lewis brand deer antler spray. Is that true?
yoga. I'm not kidding. brady says the key is flexibility. most guys don't focus on that,, they focus on mass and muscle.
brady does yoga. a lot.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe in Denver he was considered better than Sanders. But in any case, Sanders & Smith were always in that conversation. Nobody was considered Sayers peer as a RB after Brown retired.. was my point.

Well TD did have one of the top-5 best seasons ever by a RB in 1998 so I don't think it was just in Denver that he was considered the best.