• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tee Higgins

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, originally posted a thing on Higgins here earlier today, but it was out of context - so I deleted it.

Basically - Bengals will work towards a deal with him, but if numbers don't work - there is high value in trading him this year vs trying to work through franchising him next year when you will also be dealing with Chase, potentially, and far more impact F/A who will be coming due in that season, or the next. Karras, Cappa, Reader, Wilson, Awuzie (I think), Hubbard - so, while I agree the Bengals may do things differently - there's a lot more moving parts this time around including new people in charge who have done some things differently in the not so recent past.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, originally posted a thing on Higgins here earlier today, but it was out of context - so I deleted it.

Basically - Bengals will work towards a deal with him, but if numbers don't work - there is high value in trading him this year vs trying to work through franchising him next year when you will also be dealing with Chase, potentially, and far more impact F/A who will be coming due in that season, or the next. Karras, Cappa, Reader, Wilson, Awuzie (I think), Hubbard - so, while I agree the Bengals may do things differently - there's a lot more moving parts this time around including new people in charge who have done some things differently in the not so recent past.
I just don't see them moving him and jeopardizing performance next year. Tennessee can't feel very good about the deal they made after watching AJ Brown have a fantastic season while they were sitting out of the playoffs. Even if you eventually lose Tee, I think you have to go into next season with the idea that you are a strong contender for the #1 seed in the AFC and you have as good a shot at the SB as you are going to have.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of chatter on Twitter that a Tee Higgins extension is going to be announced.