• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teddy Bridgewater Down - might be serious

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does he have to active? If Keenum gets hurt week 1, do they really want to throw Goff into the fire? I would guess they would still want him to sit and learn and let Mannion take over until Goff is ready. Goff WILL be the starter once proven ready, but being the backup until then doesn't really accomplish anything (depending on how they dole out reps during practices).
My guess is that the plan with Goff should be to sit him for the first year. Rams have a good thing going with the Gurley/Austin combo and with a few things going the right way they have a punchers chance at the playoffs. I think you play that out with Keenum until the Rams are eliminated from playoff contention. Last two games are San Fran at home and Arizona at home. I think thats probably where you play Goff if the Rams are done at that point and thats only if the Rams figure out the Left Tackle spot.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like it's going to be awhile and a challenging road back to the field. At least TB would only be 25 if recovery took 2 years.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

8974647397_023ac69dc8_o.gif

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...looked up some pics of the injury. Gruesome, to say the least.

TB is extremely lucky that the medical staff there were on top of their game.

You knew it was bad when it was non-contact and yet so severe that it had visibly shaken other players. After looking at some of the pics on this kind of injury, I can see why.

Best of luck to his recovery.
I've been searching forever and can't find any pics.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched them at all this preseason? That offense looks TERRIBLE.

I'm a believer in John Fox's ability to turn bad teams around, but they showed no offensive life whatsoever against the Broncos and Chiefs.

They also have been without Miller. Cutler will not be throwing to White playing like that anyways. I don't think the bears will make playoffs but they can win 7 or 8 games.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have a timetable for Teddy's return? If it's really a two year injury like I am seeing comments about, then that sure sounds franchise altering.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have a timetable for Teddy's return? If it's really a two year injury like I am seeing comments about, then that sure sounds franchise altering.

It would take the biggest miracle known to man if was a year recovery........( I'm not a doctor I only play one on tv)

Plus what does this do to his mind? Seriously it could have been his whole leg gone...

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would take the biggest miracle known to man if was a year recovery........( I'm not a doctor I only play one on tv)

Plus what does this do to his mind? Seriously it could have been his whole leg gone...
Did you stay at a holiday inn express, though?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just did an image search of the injury, not from TB's injury.

Tibiofemoral dislocations tend to look like this:

tibiofemoral dislocation pictures - Google Search

My guess is that some of those pictures are pretty similar to what happened. As an EMT I have seen a couple of these injuries in the past and man do they look painful. And honestly there is not much we can do other than stabilize the leg so that he doesn't do any further damage and rush him to the hospital where they can do some yanking around until it at least gets lined back up. We can maybe do traction but more than likely that causes more damage. So the player just has to deal with the pain for a while and be told to not try to move the leg.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough break for the Vikes because TB was getting in the groove over there. The bright side is that they have a solid team overall, including coach. I can see them overcoming this setback.