• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teddy Bridgewater Down - might be serious

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem is he is awful, and will always be awful

Both the Rams and Eagles fell victim to "We have to take the best available QB's, even if they arent great"

In a strong QB class, Goff and Wentz were mid round picks

Oh that "mid round" pick is gonna eat that Gmen secondary apart now!

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm well aware of that. It's still not a good look when your starting offense can't even get the ball past midfield in two games.
I would be willing to bet the Vikings will still finish ahead of the Bears this year.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but you also then don't rush that investment and destroy him if he is not ready. You are thinking 15 years into the future with this pick not just one season

Yep give him two years to recover, find a journeyman QB until then and wait. There defense and running game will still win them ball games, find a clock manager for the offense and they will be fine.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...looked up some pics of the injury. Gruesome, to say the least.

TB is extremely lucky that the medical staff there were on top of their game.

You knew it was bad when it was non-contact and yet so severe that it had visibly shaken other players. After looking at some of the pics on this kind of injury, I can see why.

Best of luck to his recovery.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much would the Vikings trade for Carson Wentz?

They would still have to start Hill for a while.

I think Manuel is a decent target if the Bills think Cardale is ready to be the backup. Manuel is only a one year commitment (FA next summer since the Bills didn't pick up his 5th year option of course).

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much would the Vikings trade for Carson Wentz?

I have no idea why that'd be a consideration. One, the price would be high. Two, they have no need for a QB they need to redshirt. They now currently have their preferred QB on a medical redshirt. They need someone who can step in for at least 1 year and be competant.

game

Hoopla Cash
$ 9.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...looked up some pics of the injury. Gruesome, to say the least.

TB is extremely lucky that the medical staff there were on top of their game.

You knew it was bad when it was non-contact and yet so severe that it had visibly shaken other players. After looking at some of the pics on this kind of injury, I can see why.

Best of luck to his recovery.

I don't even know how it was possible to do what he did just dropping back. This is some scary shit.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep give him two years to recover, find a journeyman QB until then and wait. There defense and running game will still win them ball games, find a clock manager for the offense and they will be fine.

Yeah, TB is their guy, but as you mentioned, he may not be ready for the '17 season.

I would consider giving up a late rd pick for an Aaron Murray or a maybe a Tyler Bray. Hill @ 36 or whatever is risky thinking he will get them thru the '16 season.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, TB is their guy, but as you mentioned, he may not be ready for the '17 season.

I would consider giving up a late rd pick for an Aaron Murray or a maybe a Tyler Bray. Hill @ 36 or whatever is risky thinking he will get them thru the '16 season.
Murray and Bray are bad. They aren't any better than the free agent options out there.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see 17' as an option for Teddy, that was serious damaged body wise and mind wise. He is basically gonna have to rehab (which I don't see starting until December) then it will be small steps from there on out. The best the Vikings can do is not even put a time table on this.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray and Bray are bad. They aren't any better than the free agent options out there.
Probably right there, but at this time of the year I'd been concerned a lot of these FAs are not in shape. At least these guys have been in somebody's camp, should be in shape. A recently released FA is just as good probably....say Mettenberger.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see 17' as an option for Teddy, that was serious damaged body wise and mind wise. He is basically gonna have to rehab (which I don't see starting until December) then it will be small steps from there on out. The best the Vikings can do is not even put a time table on this.

Exactly...that's why I would want a younger guy that hopefully can last 2 yrs.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...that's why I would want a younger guy that hopefully can last 2 yrs.

But let's play devil's advocate here:

We are talking about a Business here so, do you draft another QB ? ( Not trying to shat all over Teddy)
but do you in the back of your mind think the negative that he might not come back? or be the same?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No intended to slight TB, he is an up and coming young QB, but I agree with Zimmer...the Vikings season doesn't have to be over here. Hill obviously is not the QB that TB is, but the way the Vikings want to play. pound the rock with AP and efficient passing, I don't get the sense the drop off is going to be huge.

The key imo, is having a solid backup behind Hill because at his age, it's hard to project him over 16 games.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are talking about a Business here so, do you draft another QB ? ( Not trying to shat all over Teddy)
but do you in the back of your mind think the negative that he might not come back? or be the same?

I absolutely would...maybe not a 1st rd pick, but I would not pass up a good prospect in the 2nd or 3rd rd.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you have to. You have to keep faith that TB can return, but in the same vein, you can't wait around for 12 months (or more) and hope that he'll return the same QB. You have a duty, and an obligation, to the rest of the team to do what is best to help this team win now and into the future. Unfortunately, the future is one where Mike Zimmer will have to potentially plan on not having a fully functioning TB at QB, even after he returns.

Granted, I'm not a Dr, but reading this while looking up the injury rehab timeline doesn't sound encouraging in terms of 100% function returning to the knee:

A patient with a knee dislocation is faced with a long rehabilitation program, with return to full activity taking at least 9 to 12 months. Most of the knee dislocations require reconstruction surgery. That is because major injury to the artery occurs in 21%-32% of all knee dislocations and because of the severe ligament injury. After the treatment and surgery the results are good. In most cases the damaged knees return to an almost normal state. Chronic pain is a common problem, occurring in 46% of cases.

Multiligament Injured Knee Dislocation - Physiopedia, universal access to physiotherapy knowledge.

Now, he doesn't have any arterial or nerve damage, so that is very good, but to get the knee back into place you are looking at reconstructive surgery most likely. Full range of motion may never return, and chronic pain will also be a likely issue facing TB after everything is all completed.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No intended to slight TB, he is an up and coming young QB, but I agree with Zimmer...the Vikings season doesn't have to be over here. Hill obviously is not the QB that TB is, but the way the Vikings want to play. pound the rock with AP and efficient passing, I don't get the sense the drop off is going to be huge.

The key imo, is having a solid backup behind Hill because at his age, it's hard to project him over 16 games.
Last time Hill started a season, he was benched at halftime and his team lost 34-6. Vikings should remember it since it was Bridgewater's first game I do believe.

Hill might look decent for 5 games but Hill has 0% chance to win a playoff game.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know how it was possible to do what he did just dropping back. This is some scary shit.

I've seen guys blow out their Achilles Tendon without being hit but never seen this kind of knee damage on a non contact injury.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to. You have to keep faith that TB can return, but in the same vein, you can't wait around for 12 months (or more) and hope that he'll return the same QB. You have a duty, and an obligation, to the rest of the team to do what is best to help this team win now and into the future. Unfortunately, the future is one where Mike Zimmer will have to potentially plan on not having a fully functioning TB at QB, even after he returns.

Granted, I'm not a Dr, but reading this while looking up the injury rehab timeline doesn't sound encouraging in terms of 100% function returning to the knee:

A patient with a knee dislocation is faced with a long rehabilitation program, with return to full activity taking at least 9 to 12 months. Most of the knee dislocations require reconstruction surgery. That is because major injury to the artery occurs in 21%-32% of all knee dislocations and because of the severe ligament injury. After the treatment and surgery the results are good. In most cases the damaged knees return to an almost normal state. Chronic pain is a common problem, occurring in 46% of cases.

Multiligament Injured Knee Dislocation - Physiopedia, universal access to physiotherapy knowledge.

Now, he doesn't have any arterial or nerve damage, so that is very good, but to get the knee back into place you are looking at reconstructive surgery most likely. Full range of motion may never return, and chronic pain will also be a likely issue facing TB after everything is all completed.

I said not a 1st rounder, but if DeShaun Watson is there or the MIA kid...I'd have to take either one.

IDK how it going to go for TB obviously, but there is recent history of success (ex Steeler, now Titan) Sean Spence went thru a similar injury...took 2 full seasons but he made it back...on the flip...the RB from So. Car that SF drafted...did not make it back...retired.