• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tebow as the #2 QB?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow is trash.. Moving on!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might as well bring back Greg Landry or Bill Munson and pay them 500k a year (more than they earned in their football careers) when looking at those FA's. Hill is more than capable of winning some games should Staff-hurt go down. Clev, Oak, Jax will all be going with their rookies so what true shot does Hill actually have winning a job. Henne would be the ONLY one of those FA's I might consider. Mayhew should be looking at Univ. of Pitt QB Tom Savage to bring in as a possible 6-7 rd pick or more than likely a UDFA... He's 6-4 230 with a strong arm that can drive the ball downfield, look the safeties off coverage, can throw with good touch when needed, makes mistakes too just like all QB's (remind you of a certain someone ? We need more than Kellen Fuckin' Noodle-Arm Moore.....

Hill will have a chance to start on a team that drafts a rookie and does not want to rush them into the role of #1 QB. I would think a team would guarantee Hill that. And for the Lions to keep him they would have to give him a raise on the 3.25 million he earned last season. SO Hill will have a chance to go to a better situation for him, he has no team option so unless he really loves Detroit and is ok with being a backup then I see him staying. WHich is great for the Lions but I would think he still would like a shot to be a #1.

Detroit still has very good talent and should contend next year. I would hate for the backup to be a guy with no experience or a late round rookie.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely comprehend where you're coming from but that shot for Hill being a starter where a rookie comes in, will last all of 4-5 games before that rookie takes over, outside of an injury. I see your point but with him turning 35 and realistically earning a starters job will be tough. All the teams bringing in rookie qb's can promise Hill the moon, but he's a veteran and knows first-hand what the reality is. Now, if we're merely talking more $$$$ that he can "possibly earn" somewhere else, then I agree...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely comprehend where you're coming from but that shot for Hill being a starter where a rookie comes in, will last all of 4-5 games before that rookie takes over, outside of an injury. I see your point but with him turning 35 and realistically earning a starters job will be tough. All the teams bringing in rookie qb's can promise Hill the moon, but he's a veteran and knows first-hand what the reality is. Now, if we're merely talking more $$$$ that he can "possibly earn" somewhere else, then I agree...

I could see the Cowboys really going after Hill.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Cowboys really going after Hill.

____________________________________________________________________________________
QB Kyle Orton signed through 2014 with 3,382,500.00 in dead money if they cut him, but a possibility. I mean we're talkin' bout Jerruh Jones... That crazy dumb-ass MF, I could see anything out of the ordinary happening on his watch....

Another spot is Tenn (Locker hip injury and Fitzpatrick ?). I made my point on this one in the other thread.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I am tired of coach talk and what schemes we may get with a new HC.

I also find the whole Kreton v Pete G (Bears) feud funny but played out.

So with nothing but time….

If Hill walks to find a chance to be a #1 and/or to save salary space how about Tebow as a #2?

I don't like Kellen Moore as a pro QB. I don't want to trust him as the primary backup. And as much as I would like to see a guy drafted in the mid rounds I am not sure the Lions will invest in that type of project. So why not give Tebow a shot at the #2 for the veterans minimum? The 2014 FA QB list:

1. Michael Vick
2. Josh McCown
3. Josh Freeman
4. Shaun Hill
5. Chad Henne
6. Tarvaris Jackson
7. Colt McCoy
8. Matt Flynn
9. Kellen Clemens
10. Luke McCown
11. Derek Anderson
12. David Garrard
13. Dan Orlovsky
14. Rex Grossman
15. Curtis Painter
16. Tim Tebow
17. Jimmy Clausen
18. Charlie Whitehurst
19. Brady Quinn
20. Rusty Smith

Not a whole lot to feel good about so what says you?

I'll be in my car driving to Detroit to punch someone in the cock if Tebow is brought in as our #2. I don't want that kind of media attention in the D- Tebow is a side-show, not an NFL QB.

Out of the list above I like Chad Henne, Josh Freeman, Charlie Whitehurst and Shaun Hill, in that order. I'd maybe take a 1 year flyer on Brady Quinn if we're desperate for a back-up...

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitehurst might be even higher on my list since he's Wiz's current back-up QB, if I'm not mistaken...

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Hill walks to find a chance to be a #1 and/or to save salary space how about Tebow as a #2?

I don't like Kellen Moore as a pro QB. I don't want to trust him as the primary backup. And as much as I would like to see a guy drafted in the mid rounds I am not sure the Lions will invest in that type of project. So why not give Tebow a shot at the #2 for the veterans minimum? The 2014 FA QB list:

1. Michael Vick
2. Josh McCown
3. Josh Freeman
4. Shaun Hill
5. Chad Henne
6. Tarvaris Jackson
7. Colt McCoy
8. Matt Flynn
9. Kellen Clemens
10. Luke McCown
11. Derek Anderson
12. David Garrard
13. Dan Orlovsky
14. Rex Grossman
15. Curtis Painter
16. Tim Tebow
17. Jimmy Clausen
18. Charlie Whitehurst
19. Brady Quinn
20. Rusty Smith

Has Tebow changed his mind on wanting to be a NFL QB? Until he understnads that he is not a QB, that he is a FB/TE he will never play in the league again.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Michael Vick
2. Josh McCown
3. Josh Freeman
4. Shaun Hill
5. Chad Henne
6. Tarvaris Jackson
7. Colt McCoy
8. Matt Flynn
9. Kellen Clemens
10. Luke McCown
11. Derek Anderson
12. David Garrard
13. Dan Orlovsky
14. Rex Grossman
15. Curtis Painter
16. Tim Tebow
17. Jimmy Clausen
18. Charlie Whitehurst
19. Brady Quinn
20. Rusty Smith

I would fuggin hate Tebow on this team. I am not really excited about bringing Hill back. Derek Anderson would be my choice off the list with McCown and Flynn coming in behind him. .

For the record I didn't bring that crap here. That guy is calling me out for shit that I never actually said on the Bears board. He read me and some other Lions fans arguing on the Lions board.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather Wis bring Charlie Whitehurst over w him. The Tebow ship has sailed. If you can't make it in New England you can't make it anywhere.

Damn these kw posts hit you right in the feels.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow sucks and should not be anyones back up qb.