• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tebow as the #2 QB?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I am tired of coach talk and what schemes we may get with a new HC.

I also find the whole Kreton v Pete G (Bears) feud funny but played out.

So with nothing but time….

If Hill walks to find a chance to be a #1 and/or to save salary space how about Tebow as a #2?

I don't like Kellen Moore as a pro QB. I don't want to trust him as the primary backup. And as much as I would like to see a guy drafted in the mid rounds I am not sure the Lions will invest in that type of project. So why not give Tebow a shot at the #2 for the veterans minimum? The 2014 FA QB list:

1. Michael Vick
2. Josh McCown
3. Josh Freeman
4. Shaun Hill
5. Chad Henne
6. Tarvaris Jackson
7. Colt McCoy
8. Matt Flynn
9. Kellen Clemens
10. Luke McCown
11. Derek Anderson
12. David Garrard
13. Dan Orlovsky
14. Rex Grossman
15. Curtis Painter
16. Tim Tebow
17. Jimmy Clausen
18. Charlie Whitehurst
19. Brady Quinn
20. Rusty Smith

Not a whole lot to feel good about so what says you?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every person on that list but Tebow is better than Tebow.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather talk about those other two things than Tebow. He's played out.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather Wis bring Charlie Whitehurst over w him. The Tebow ship has sailed. If you can't make it in New England you can't make it anywhere.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New coach does not need media circus in town for the greatest TE to never play!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always like Chad Henne and think he was assholed out by the Dolphins and never had quality skilled players. Marshall was a asshat in Miami. If it isn't Cutler throwing the ball Marshall is nothing more than Denarius Moore.

Jacksonville will draft a QB so I think he is availav=ble and is the best on the list but I am sure he like Hill will 1 cost a fair amount, and 2. want a shot as the starter.

No way no how do I want to so T. Jackson, Flynn, Vick, Freeman, McCoy, Clemens, or really any of the others. SO if not Tebow who comes in happy to be a backup and is cheap and serviceable?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather Wis bring Charlie Whitehurst over w him. The Tebow ship has sailed. If you can't make it in New England you can't make it anywhere.

If it is Whiz I could see Whitehurst. But I would think the Chargers would bid it up if he has any talent.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow isnt fit to play backup anywhere IMO, not because I dont think he can win you games but because his particular skill set requires a team to fundamentally change their offense to fit him. Denver did that and he rewarded them by going 8-5 and winning a playoff game with them BUT he cant play backup because he isnt fit to run any offenses currently run by any team in the league and you arent going to change your offense up just in case Tebow plays. Frankly it was shocking Denver succeeded at the level they did when he was there with changing in midseason. Speaks to the talents of Mike McCoy ( which we are seeing now in SD I guess)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see Dan Orlovsky with Scott Mitchell as QB coach than Tebow under center. But Id take him in order for Grails fullback fantasy to be fulfilled.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one sad group of QBs

Freeman is the only guy on that list that I would chance as a replacement for Hill.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty plain Tebow is not a starting NFL QB. But then again neither is Jimmy Clausen, David Garrard, or Blaine Gabbart. The problem is finding a guy that is comfortable as a backup and possibly getting some value out of them in other areas like holder or in Tebow's skill set a wildcat formation from time to time.

If we are talking about a guy to provide competition then by all means lets spend a little more on Henne and see what he can do with some better weapons than a constantly suspended WR and an aging MJD.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not want anyone to like you? At all?

Would you prefer Dr Evil breakdown the salary cap ramifications of spending 3.5 million a year on a cut Matt Schwab with a signing bonus of 1.25 million?

Blaine Gabbert, Matt Schwab, and Brandan Wheeden should be cut after the draft but as we have time and the Chargers fucking up our coach discussions I need to defend some ass wild idea!

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of this ugly group I would have to go with Henne. I wouldn't be completely opposed to bringing McCown back but I heard he's done. Could be BS. I don't know what our O will look like next year but my bet is Vick won't fit. Freeman's an emotional wreck, his femanine side has taken over!! But looking at the rest of the list, if any of these guys outside of Hill had to play for several games, we'd probably be in deep shit. And maybe Tebow will be a great analyst, maybe his future is elsewhere, but it's not at QB in the League. He belongs no where near an NFL field and I'm glad to see he's decided to do something that he has a chance at succeeding at.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you prefer Dr Evil breakdown the salary cap ramifications of spending 3.5 million a year on a cut Matt Schwab with a signing bonus of 1.25 million?

Blaine Gabbert, Matt Schwab, and Brandan Wheeden should be cut after the draft but as we have time and the Chargers fucking up our coach discussions I need to defend some ass wild idea!

How about this one? The Lions steal Jim Harbag from twinkie town and his success in the first year seals the deal on just how bad a coach Schwartz was.

Last edited by a moderator:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no such thing as bad publicity. If there's any city who is ready to embrace an in-your-face Christian who takes 4 seconds to complete his throwing action, it's Detroit. Sign Tebow!

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no such thing as bad publicity. If there's any city who is ready to embrace an in-your-face Christian who takes 4 seconds to complete his throwing action, it's Detroit. Sign Tebow!

This is not good. I've seen it before. The human mind has its limits. Infinite frustration can make the best of minds snap.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do me a favor, please don't mention Tebow again. Let him disappear other than as a commentator of college football in the SEC.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do me a favor, please don't mention Tebow again. Let him disappear other than as a commentator of college football in the SEC.

Dude we are Lions fans. Once the playoffs start we need to find things to discuss until the combine!

The group of FA QBs is less than appealing and could force Detroit to go big on Hill. He is a very good back up QB but with teams like Cleveland, NY Jets, Jacksonville, Houston, Oakland, and even Dallas all having better shots at him getting into the mix for the QB job he may decide to move on.

Without a doubt guys like Gabbert, Henne, Wheeden, Schwab all could get to Detroit and be better options as backup QB they also may cost more than Detroit is willing to spend.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might as well bring back Greg Landry or Bill Munson and pay them 500k a year (more than they earned in their football careers) when looking at those FA's. Hill is more than capable of winning some games should Staff-hurt go down. Clev, Oak, Jax will all be going with their rookies so what true shot does Hill actually have winning a job. Henne would be the ONLY one of those FA's I might consider. Mayhew should be looking at Univ. of Pitt QB Tom Savage to bring in as a possible 6-7 rd pick or more than likely a UDFA... He's 6-4 230 with a strong arm that can drive the ball downfield, look the safeties off coverage, can throw with good touch when needed, makes mistakes too just like all QB's (remind you of a certain someone ? We need more than Kellen Fuckin' Noodle-Arm Moore.....