• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Talking Cornerbacks

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would use a 4th on Jones if you're looking at potentially reaching for a player at that spot anyway.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Jeremiah just unveiled his latest Mock Draft and he had Ohio State's Gareon Conley going 10th overall to the Bills and LSU's Tre'Davious White to us at 14. While I have sung the praises of both during the college season, I disagree that either guy is worth a top 15 pick. DJ's the pro and I am not though, but while I like both players, I see both as late 1st or early 2nd type guys. Either player in the top 15 seems like need "forced" type picks instead of looking at BPA. I continue to think if we want Corner in Rd 1 we should trade down to take one as I'm not sure there's a Corner outside of Lattimore worth a top 20 pick. Again I'm not a pro and DJ is ... so I'm probably wrong :)

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Jeremiah just unveiled his latest Mock Draft and he had Ohio State's Gareon Conley going 10th overall to the Bills and LSU's Tre'Davious White to us at 14. While I have sung the praises of both during the college season, I disagree that either guy is worth a top 15 pick. DJ's the pro and I am not though, but while I like both players, I see both as late 1st or early 2nd type guys. Either player in the top 15 seems like need "forced" type picks instead of looking at BPA. I continue to think if we want Corner in Rd 1 we should trade down to take one as I'm not sure there's a Corner outside of Lattimore worth a top 20 pick. Again I'm not a pro and DJ is ... so I'm probably wrong :)

Hopefully, we will sign or trade to get at least one vet in free agency, so we can just draft the BPA.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that would be terrible value, those guys are second round players.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap! Kayvon Webster signed with the Rams. Dope - he would have been a starter here (or until a rookie beat him out). He is a fast, decent CB. We should have told his agent that we would beat any offer from the Rams, and he could play with a good team. :gaah:

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the deal-breaker for Kayvon was he wanted to go play for his former DC Wade Phillips.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he likes Wade better than Undlin. Can't say I blame him, but he would have had a better chance for success with us.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cornerbacks always jump up this time of year. You know that, Rey. Stephon Gilmore for example.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cornerbacks always jump up this time of year. You know that, Rey. Stephon Gilmore for example.

Right, but I don't want us to reach either. Especially not in a draft loaded (depth wise) at the position. Gun to my head if I HAD to take a Corner at 14 I'd take Marlon Humphrey simply because of his tools. He has flaws in his game in regards to finding the ball in the air while in man (much better in zone than man), but with coaching he can improve his "man" skills. He's by far the most physical Corner in this draft and extremely athletic. I think guys like Gareon Conley and Tre'Davious White are good #2 Corner Prospects, but they are not alpha's and if I'm going Corner in the top 15 I want an alpha. The only 3 that I have in that Category are Lattimore/Syd Jones/Humphrey in that order; obviously Jones is no longer an option at 14.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why... it makes zero sense with 3 competent TE and ZERO at CB but I just think we are grabbing the TE from Alabama.

AZ should grab him. Think about the history of the Cards. They've NEVER had a good TE
Kind of crazy.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're drafting Humphrey to be a Safety, then I'm all for it. Don't like him as a corner because of bad ball skills, to me is a natural trait that is hard to teach. If he's matched up with vertical route runners who can track the ball in the air I think he'll struggle a lot.

Call me crazy but I think Conley would be a safer pick. He has all the measurables you're looking for as well for in a 1st round corner - not the athlete that Humphrey is (not many are) but a more cognizant player in coverage.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conley is a solid Corner, but he also played on the other side of the top Corner in college football as well as the best Safety duo in the country. Daniel Jeremiah who knows tons more than I do about rating prospects seems to think he's worth the 10th pick in the draft. So I guess if we take him at 14 it may not be the biggest reach. I feel there is better "value" at pick 14. It's a very deep Corner Draft ... imo you will see players at our pick in Rd 2 who are not much of a drop off from Conley and there are good Corners available well into the mid rounds.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simple for me that if we add at least one vet CB n free agency, we must take the BPA in most rounds, especially in the first 3 or 4 rounds. that's why we have Joe Douglas and Andy Weidl, so that we don't reach for our picks anymore. We will draft 2 or more CBs, but not when they are not close to being the BPAs in each round. These guys know how to draft.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what it would take to trade up for Marshon Lattimore? If he gets past the first 8 picks or so I'd get on the phones .... Sydney Jones going down is a bummer for us.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conley is a solid Corner, but he also played on the other side of the top Corner in college football as well as the best Safety duo in the country. Daniel Jeremiah who knows tons more than I do about rating prospects seems to think he's worth the 10th pick in the draft. So I guess if we take him at 14 it may not be the biggest reach. I feel there is better "value" at pick 14. It's a very deep Corner Draft ... imo you will see players at our pick in Rd 2 who are not much of a drop off from Conley and there are good Corners available well into the mid rounds.

I'm not saying I'd take him at 14 either, but IF we did, that would be my preference between the two. You could make the same argument with Humphrey playing behind a stacked front 7. Still lots of info to sort through in the next 6 weeks.