• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Talking Cornerbacks

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying I'd take him at 14 either, but IF we did, that would be my preference between the two. You could make the same argument with Humphrey playing behind a stacked front 7. Still lots of info to sort through in the next 6 weeks.

Agree ... but Humphrey is a beast tackler and an asset against the run. If somehow it doesn't work out at Corner he can easily become a top Safety. We also play a lot of zone in our scheme and Humphrey is an excellent zone Corner.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go CB in the first and try to grab Sidney Jones in the third. Maybe even the second.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go CB in the first and try to grab Sidney Jones in the third. Maybe even the second.

I wouldn't do that. He may never completely recover. If our docs think he can recover, then I would use one of our 4ths to take a gamble.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am increasing starter to think we are looking at Jalen Mills, CJ Smith, Aaron Grymes and two rookies next year. That is way too scary for me. There really isn't a starting caliber corner now on the free agent market unless you like Mo Claiborne which I am not a fan of. I just don't understand why Howie is leaving this position so bare. Rookie corners usually are not good starters. There are exceptions but for the most part they struggle.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't do that. He may never completely recover. If our docs think he can recover, then I would use one of our 4ths to take a gamble.

I really don't want to trade down. I've just got bad connotations of trading downs actually working out into great starting caliber players. I'd rather trade up actually.

The #1 thing I said we had issues with at WR, was not just skillset or talent, but the lack of vet leadership for our rookies. They now have that in Jeffrey. I'm still not against getting WR Williams at this point. He would be so much better here now to come in under Jeffrey - in case we don't keep him past 1 year, and in case T. Smith doesn't work out. But WR is definitely not the dire issue it was prior to FA.

That said, as CB is not looking like good value at our spot now - I think it might be more prudent to look at RB in the 1st and CB in the 2nd and 3rd. I'm thinking RB McCaffry with 1 year to learn under sproles. Best CB at 2nd, and Jones in the 3rd. You need your 1st and 2nd rounders to be starters. We are talking about a full year off. It's all on what the Dr's say. But if he can truly recover, I think you have to use a 3rd rounder on him because ANY TEAM would give a 4th for him.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tre White in the first and/or Kevin King in the 2nd.

Will settle for Fabian, Conley or the corner from Colorado

Ultimately, I think we take one in the first, another in the 4th and add a vet once the June cuts are made.

Last edited:

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why... it makes zero sense with 3 competent TE and ZERO at CB but I just think we are grabbing the TE from Alabama.

AZ should grab him. Think about the history of the Cards. They've NEVER had a good TE
Kind of crazy.
Jackie Smith was a great TE.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what it would take to trade up for Marshon Lattimore? If he gets past the first 8 picks or so I'd get on the phones .... Sydney Jones going down is a bummer for us.

not if we can get him cheaper than a 1st round pick and red shirt him for a year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what it would take to trade up for Marshon Lattimore? If he gets past the first 8 picks or so I'd get on the phones .... Sydney Jones going down is a bummer for us.

I've been starting to think this way as well. The top defenders left could all go 8-13 and then we're stuck trying to trade #14 to a team that wants to take the 2nd/3rd QB. And we'll miss out on that chance to add a stud defender. We may never draft this high again with Wentz. We should capitalize on this opportunity and get something that can make us better against the pass whether it's a CB or DL. Lattimore would be a huge get.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not if we can get him cheaper than a 1st round pick and red shirt him for a year.

Achilles are terrible. Rehab for a year, suck for a year, maybe be good again after that.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't even consider Jones till Rd 5 or beyond. Who knows how that back pedal will be affected ,,,

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lattimore gets past Tennessee, I don't see him falling any further than the Jets. That's where we would have to get to. Going to be expensive.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been starting to think this way as well. The top defenders left could all go 8-13 and then we're stuck trying to trade #14 to a team that wants to take the 2nd/3rd QB. And we'll miss out on that chance to add a stud defender. We may never draft this high again with Wentz. We should capitalize on this opportunity and get something that can make us better against the pass whether it's a CB or DL. Lattimore would be a huge get.

The problem is, chip left us with so many holes to fill. Honestly, Reid did the same thing.

The nice thing to do would be trade our 3rd for a 2nd next year. Then next year trade that 2nd for a 1st the following year. We maintain a 1st and 2nd this year and next for the last of the rebuild. And then we would have 2 first round picks. If we did that each year to maintain 2 first round picks, we would have the ability to trade UP in the 1st any year we needed, even if we were picking in the bottom 5 or so.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, we will sign or trade to get at least one vet in free agency, so we can just draft the BPA.

Who do you recommend?

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why... it makes zero sense with 3 competent TE and ZERO at CB but I just think we are grabbing the TE from Alabama.

AZ should grab him. Think about the history of the Cards. They've NEVER had a good TE
Kind of crazy.

You're too young to remember Jackie Smith aren't you.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you recommend?

Here are some names still available, but it may be Howie will work a trade for someone not even on our radar.

Mo Claiborne
Brandon Carr
Sam Shields
Darrelle Revis - yes, that Revis. He could be a mentor for at least one year. He still knows how to play.
Marcus Cromartie.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget there could be some more guys available after June 1st.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but I wouldn't bank on that, unless we can't find a solid one before the draft.