• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Talking Cornerbacks

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't much left to choose from - it's not official but I'm reading that Claiborne is going to the Ravens, Carr is the best option left but I haven't read or heard anything linking him to the Eagles to this point. Salary could be an issue, maybe he still thinks he's worth big bucks.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't much left to choose from - it's not official but I'm reading that Claiborne is going to the Ravens, Carr is the best option left but I haven't read or heard anything linking him to the Eagles to this point. Salary could be an issue, maybe he still thinks he's worth big bucks.

Yeah, I don't think there's anyone left whom fits what we are looking for ... just some "has beens" who probably want too much anyhoo.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some names still available, but it may be Howie will work a trade for someone not even on our radar.

Mo Claiborne
Brandon Carr
Sam Shields
Darrelle Revis - yes, that Revis. He could be a mentor for at least one year. He still knows how to play.
Marcus Cromartie.

Carr? Really? He's had one good season in the last 4. The cowgirls don't want him but we should?
Claiborne? Same as above.
Shields? After 4 concussions and 1 game last year? Really?
Marcus Cromartie? Who's he?
And how do you propose we pay for any of these guys? Do you think any of them are going to come here on a 1 year deal?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Howie wants any body, he will cut/restructure whatever he can to go get 'em.

I wasn't recommending any of those guys, just showing what is out there. I would sign Revis, if he would accept a minimum contract, just for his experience and mentoring.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis is already guaranteed 5 million to "not play" for the Jets. So to make it even worth his time to play, he needs to be paid at least 6 mil. From watching him last year I think he's cooked ... certainly not worth that kind of money.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Revis has any interest in mentoring anyone - he's got too much pride to come in and play for a minimum salary.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sidney Jones surgury was a "success" and he will "be able to play this upcoming season" according to his doctor. Not sure if this is a Jaylon Smith or legit claim.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid Jones will be just fine. If this were a washed up 34 year old looking for his next big payday, then no. If he's still there in the 4th, I take him all day long and redshirt him a year to get ready for '18. Doesn't preclude you from taking two or three more healthy CBs this year.

I might even consider taking him in the 3rd - he was a legit mid-1st round prospect before his freak injury - if he has the doctor's blessing for a full recovery, he could very well be the BPA on the board at that point of the draft.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper was saying this morning that teams would take him in the 2nd. Because he was a great prospect and he will be healthy eventually and when he is that team will have a top CB prospect.

If you think about how teams value these draft picks a first rounder next year is like a 2nd this year to them. So if he would go in the 1st round next year then he is worth a 2nd this year. In other words, if you have a 1st round talent ready for 2018, then he is worth a 2nd in 2017.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the philosophies of each team with regard to how they view injured players - and whose medical staffs feel comfortable that he will recover to the player he was prior to the injury.

If there is no reason to doubt he will make a full recovery based on their research, he will go Day 2 for sure.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Story sounds sketchy. Makes him a 5th round possibility instead of a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
So Howie could have a draft of a lifetime here by drafting Mixon and Lewis in the later rounds. It's time to bargain shop.:L

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Howie could have a draft of a lifetime here by drafting Mixon and Lewis in the later rounds. It's time to bargain shop.:L

Police report: Wolverines' Jourdan Lewis, woman differ on details

Read the details of the report. If he did put his hands on her the way she claimed he did, then yes he should be punished to the full extent of the law. But even the officers could not find definitive evidence and didn't even know who to charge when they arrived on scene.

Won't matter what we think anyway, it will come down to if Eagles brass (if they are interested in Lewis to begin with) are comfortable with findings from their own investigation.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Conley is now rated a definite 1st rounder. He won't make it to us in the 2nd. Maybe we take him, or trade back a few spots, and take him, and then grab another in the 2nd, ala King or Moreau? I know we need to go BPA, but only if it's a clear cut stud at another position (Davis, Howard, Ross, Williams, etc.). We have to get the best CBs we can get early in this draft.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Conley is now rated a definite 1st rounder. He won't make it to us in the 2nd. Maybe we take him, or trade back a few spots, and take him, and then grab another in the 2nd, ala King or Moreau? I know we need to go BPA, but only if it's a clear cut stud at another position (Davis, Howard, Ross, Williams, etc.). We have to get the best CBs we can get early in this draft.

I'm starting to think our best-case scenario may be to take whomever the BPA is at 14 (I'm hoping Foster drops there, if not, WR, DE, whatever). Then trade up in the 2nd, and target the best available corner since there will be a handful projected to be available and ready to go in that 33-40 range (e.g. Jackson, Moreau, White, King, etc).

Then double-up and take a guy like Shaquill Griffin in the 3rd who tested well at the combine and has nice pro prospects IMO.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of Conley at 14 ... this past season when in coverage he held opposing QB's to a 14 QB rating, that's phenomenal. Huge leap from the previous year where QB rating against him was 71. Seems like he still has room to improve, but the package is there. Many are comparing him to Bradley Roby who's a damn good NFL Corner.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am good with Conley, depending upon who else is available when we make the pick. Exciting time, Rey! Thanks to Howie's planning (and luck with the Bradford deal), we have an early pick this year. I'm crossing my fingers that with Douglas, we will have a dynamic draft! :hope:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great to have a lockdown corner, even if he's a bit of a liability in the run game. That's what we have expensive safeties for. If Conley was good at both we'd never land him at 14.

We still might not have a chance at him. CBs always creep up and almost every team needs secondary help. The Colts could certainly use someone like him and try to jump us.