• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taggart to FSU

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure there were recruits in Florida he was going to talk to as well. I mean most of their commits are from that state and it's where all of his ties are. So he can both talk to recruits and FSU.

If he's going to take it I'd expect something by tomorrow for sure. If he's not going to take it I expect he will finally say something definitive on his twitter seconds after making that decision.

But he's taking it.
Oregon is going to shit a brick if he used a recruiting trip to talk to FSU. I hope it’s true.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The exciting thing if this is all true would be not only salvaging our recruiting and having
a coach that believes in getting your skill people in space...but he's bringing Leavitt along
with him.

Back in 2004/2005 somewhere in that time span, FSU Boosters had taken dead aim
on him when he was at USF to replace Bobby when he stepped down.

Then Leavitt ran into issues at USF similar to the guy at Kansas. Leavitt is a steal
in this deal. A real DC again.

I always thought Leavitt was a hell of a Coach back in the BE days. Christ, he’d beat us every other year. Always shocked me how they never won the conference though.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is going to shit a brick if he used a recruiting trip to talk to FSU. I hope it’s true.
Even if it was a one way trip?

Looks like he might not be flying back out after the meeting tonight.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I love Canzano...
Canzano: Extension? Or moving trucks? Oregon Ducks need an end to Willie Taggart saga

Lots of good stuff in there about how people in the ducks AD office are dealing with all of this drama. Basically they are in the shit or get off the pot mindset and have been scrambling behind the scenes to make plans for replacing a staff and recovering the loss of recruits if/when Taggart leaves.

Interesting...His agent is Sexton. Sexton is Fisher's agent.
Now there is supposed to be some kind of rule/law that prevents an agent
from telling other clients about pending deals with his other clients.

I don't know how stringent that law is.

Because this stuff is similar to tactics Fisher used at FSU to milk us...I'm a bit
leery. However, we are in a position to bargain from strength.

If we offer 5 mil for 5 years...Oregon would have to go to offer roughly
6.5 mil a year for him to get the same take home pay. (No state taxes in Florida)

Florida also has athletes...100's of them and weather...But Taggart already knows
all of that.

They could very well be attempting to milk Oregon. This entire scenario may have
been manufactured by Sexton, just to get Taggart money. He's done that before.

We'll see.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if it was a one way trip?

Looks like he might not be flying back out after the meeting tonight.
I’d dock his pay for the cost of the flight.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting...His agent is Sexton. Sexton is Fisher's agent.
Now there is supposed to be some kind of rule/law that prevents an agent
from telling other clients about pending deals with his other clients.

I don't know how stringent that law is.

Because this stuff is similar to tactics Fisher used at FSU to milk us...I'm a bit
leery. However, we are in a position to bargain from strength.

If we offer 5 mil for 5 years...Oregon would have to go to offer roughly
6.5 mil a year for him to get the same take home pay. (No state taxes in Florida)

Florida also has athletes...100's of them and weather...But Taggart already knows
all of that.

They could very well be attempting to milk Oregon. This entire scenario may have
been manufactured by Sexton, just to get Taggart money. He's done that before.

We'll see.
Yeah, there has been a lot of grumbling about them having the same agent considering how bad he was to work with when Jimbo fleeced them a couple of times and I'm sure part of the hang up is issues with Sexton.

I have no doubt Sexton is working both sides of the deal hard.

Problem is Oregon only has so much patience and there is a point where it drags on for so long it causes permanent harm to the relationship and to this recruiting cycle. Are we there yet? Maybe a little bit, but this can't drag on for days more. It needs to come to a close in the next day or so.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clownzano is a long known huge duck hater and pot stirrer. I cant read anything he writes any more seriously than I take OD

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then Leavitt ran into issues at USF similar to the guy at Kansas. Leavitt is a steal
in this deal. A real DC again.
Yep. They were meanies to the wittle players and got shown the door. But, neither one put Adam James in a closet!

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there has been a lot of grumbling about them having the same agent considering how bad he was to work with when Jimbo fleeced them a couple of times and I'm sure part of the hang up is issues with Sexton.

I have no doubt Sexton is working both sides of the deal hard.

Problem is Oregon only has so much patience and there is a point where it drags on for so long it causes permanent harm to the relationship and to this recruiting cycle. Are we there yet? Maybe a little bit, but this can't drag on for days more. It needs to come to a close in the next day or so.

I agree with all of that, plus I'll add FSU wants, needs to move quick also. We're not going to continue
in this fiasco that long.

He already knows what we will offer thru his agent. He'll sign today and we'll keep it quiet
until he bows out at Oregon or we'll end discussions. Willie ain't the only coach out there.
Plus Willie knows Oregon has elaborate uniforms but the state of Florida has elaborate
player's. (About 300 more than what Oregon produces)

Willie's recruiting right now in Arizona, Texas and Florida. If he recruited only in
Tallahassee he'd win 6 games a year, at FSU. Drive 160 miles west to Jax and up
it to 8. Head 200 to Pensacola and add another win or two. Hell, we're only
40 miles from Thomasville, Georgia. Quite a few out of there. 225 from Orlando.
150 from Valdosta, Ga. You could feast at Valdosta High or Lowndes County.
Orlando is 230 south. Tampa is 250 and Ft Lauderdale and Miami is 500.
He knows what's in this state. He can get a few to go to Oregon. He can get it
all he wants at Florida State

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of that, plus I'll add FSU wants, needs to move quick also. We're not going to continue
in this fiasco that long.

He already knows what we will offer thru his agent. He'll sign today and we'll keep it quiet
until he bows out at Oregon or we'll end discussions. Willie ain't the only coach out there.
Plus Willie knows Oregon has elaborate uniforms but the state of Florida has elaborate
player's. (About 300 more than what Oregon produces)

Willie's recruiting right now in Arizona, Texas and Florida. If he recruited only in
Tallahassee he'd win 6 games a year, at FSU. Drive 160 miles west to Jax and up
it to 8. Head 200 to Pensacola and add another win or two. Hell, we're only
40 miles from Thomasville, Georgia. Quite a few out of there. 225 from Orlando.
150 from Valdosta, Ga. You could feast at Valdosta High or Lowndes County.
Orlando is 230 south. Tampa is 250 and Ft Lauderdale and Miami is 500.
He knows what's in this state. He can get a few to go to Oregon. He can get it
all he wants at Florida State
You have tomove fast because the entire staff needs replacing and none of the coaches have recruited in weeks. The clock is ticking on FSU and they need to close fast.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have tomove fast because the entire staff needs replacing and none of the coaches have recruited in weeks. The clock is ticking on FSU and they need to close fast.

Most of the staff...but not all of them.

Haggins and a couple of others are trying to catch up. Most of them were coming because
it is Florida State not Jimbo Fisher. But, we do need to move quickly and we will. There are
coaches that take over in January and salvage a class. Getting one in early December
will be fine. Plus we have 10 starters returning on offense next year and 7 on defense.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the staff...but not all of them.

Haggins and a couple of others are trying to catch up. Most of them were coming because
it is Florida State not Jimbo Fisher. But, we do need to move quickly and we will. There are
coaches that take over in January and salvage a class. Getting one in early December
will be fine. Plus we have 10 starters returning on offense next year and 7 on defense.
You’ve got early signing Dec 20th. The timeline has moved way up this year.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong thread! Sucks posting on a phone

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
report says they low balled him

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
report says they low balled him
Doubt there's any chance we find out either way today.

The kid in Texas he was supposed to visit this afternoon and bumped to go to Florida later came back and said Taggart rescheduled for Tuesday morning. If he makes it to that visit I'd say you have your answer. Wouldn't hold my breath on it though.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida State is making preparations to have its new coach on campus Tuesday. I cannot go into more detail without burning my source on that at this time. I don’t believe FSU’s been in negotiations with any coach other than Willie Taggart, which leads me to believe we’ll see him in Tallahassee tomorrow, assuming all goes according to plan.
~ Tomahawk Nation

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good thing is the last 2 years FSU has had a top 3 recruiting class.