• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

t2017-2018 Nebrasketball Bullshit Thread

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need Penn St to beat Purdue today.
Need Michigan to beat Mich St today.
Need some bubble PAC 12 teams to lose over the next few days.
Need the mid-major chalks to win their tourneys.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Moos said tonight he’s choosing to take an optimistic view on the Big 10 speeding the season up by 1 week this year. He then said this....

"Because it gives me, and others that may be on the bubble, an extra week to work the committee. And many times they're not answering the phone in another week. But they may be answering it now. And so I'm working on that on a daily basis, and feeling pretty good about things."

sMiles kicked Moos in the balls yesterdee.

I forwarded some SportsHoopla links to Moos of JJM kool-aid and sprinkles posts in case he needs more material for thee committee.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sMiles kicked Moos in the balls yesterdee.

I forwarded some SportsHoopla links to Moos of JJM kool-aid and sprinkles posts in case he needs more material for thee committee.

I hope you did. He needs all the help he can get from the knowledgeable fans out there.

:dance:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska still has an outside shot of getting in. They remain in Lunardi’s first four out group.....which really doesn’t mean shit except tell us that they are really close.

How persuasive is Bill Moos? And how much of an influence will Rasmussen have? These are the kinds of things that none of us know, and no expert knows either.

Alabama lost today to finish 17-14, and all of the experts have them in the tournament. I’m not sure if a team has ever made the dance as an at-large with 17 wins.....they almost have to do work at the SEC Tournament. 1 team in the last decade has made it with 18 wins as an at-large.....I didn’t bother to look back past that but it could be 2 decades....3, etc...

Point I’m making is I think there may be some politics involved that play on the court might not be able to control. Moos said after the loss yesterday that he feels very confident with the relationships he’s formed with the committee members.

Still, we need a lot of help from other teams I’m sure.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska still has an outside shot of getting in. They remain in Lunardi’s first four out group.....which really doesn’t mean shit except tell us that they are really close.

How persuasive is Bill Moos? And how much of an influence will Rasmussen have? These are the kinds of things that none of us know, and no expert knows either.

Alabama lost today to finish 17-14, and all of the experts have them in the tournament. I’m not sure if a team has ever made the dance as an at-large with 17 wins.....they almost have to do work at the SEC Tournament. 1 team in the last decade has made it with 18 wins as an at-large.....I didn’t bother to look back past that but it could be 2 decades....3, etc...

Point I’m making is I think there may be some politics involved that play on the court might not be able to control. Moos said after the loss yesterday that he feels very confident with the relationships he’s formed with the committee members.

Still, we need a lot of help from other teams I’m sure.

If we won we had a chance. Not only did we lose, we got killed. We have no chance,Huskers resume is way too weak. We have 1 quality win and 0 quality wins on the road.

At Huskers having chance:

giphy.gif

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we won we had a chance. Not only did we lose, we got killed. We have no chance,Huskers resume is way too weak. We have 1 quality win and 0 quality wins on the road.

At Huskers having chance:

giphy.gif

You on the committee?

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s over, fellas

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it’s funny, there are a TON of couch experts on this subject.

Right now there are a bunch of teams sitting at 17 wins who are projected in. I’ve never in my life seen a 17 win team make it as an at-large, so those teams likely have work to do.

Trust me there is a chance. The deck is stacked against us, but there is a chance.

There is no reason for Bill Moos to just make up some drivel about the committee telling him Nebraska is sitting in good position.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it’s funny, there are a TON of couch experts on this subject.

Right now there are a bunch of teams sitting at 17 wins who are projected in. I’ve never in my life seen a 17 win team make it as an at-large, so those teams likely have work to do.

Trust me there is a chance. The deck is stacked against us, but there is a chance.

There is no reason for Bill Moos to just make up some drivel about the committee telling him Nebraska is sitting in good position.

I think there is now one 17 teams right now projected in right now and that’s Alabama. I have a feeling the good position was with a win yesterday. We have a mediocre resume and really needed that Kansas win earlier in year.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's just me saying that a chance is a chance.

I believe Nebraska has a better chance than that. BPI% chance had us at 98% if we won yesterday and down to 48% if we lost.

TR Brackets, which has been spot on for years with its predictions, has Nebraska right now at 73% chance making it in as a 12 seed.

If you ask me, I believe we have about a 20% chance. Some teams need to lose, plain and simple. We have to back our way in, but I've seen crazier shit happen. Hell, I saw Nebraska make the National Championship in football back in 2001 when there was a 1% chance of it happening after losing to Colorado.

Today hasn't been a bad day for Nebraska. Louisville, Baylor, Penn State, Washington, and Alabama all lost. All are bubble teams. St. Bonaventure is playing right now in a tough one at St. Louis and could add 1 more. USC plays UCLA tonight and both of these teams are directly right ahead of us on the bubble.

I'm not just being a homer here, Nebraska has a chance. Like, there really is a chance. It actually exists.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskers are in. Relax. I get this from a good authority on the subject. Book it.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's so bad about the NIT? At least 2 games with one of the best home court advantages in the country. We'll actually have a shot to win. And more time to practice. I don't think this team is good enough to win in tournament this year. Next year, if everyone returns, they should definitely break the drought. Especially if Watson learns to be a point guard.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's so bad about the NIT? At least 2 games with one of the best home court advantages in the country. We'll actually have a shot to win. And more time to practice. I don't think this team is good enough to win in tournament this year. Next year, if everyone returns, they should definitely break the drought. Especially if Watson learns to be a point guard.

Nothing’s bad about the NIT.

I’m crushed for guys like Gill who you could see following the game was devastated at the thought that he wouldn’t get to live out his dream and play on the big stage.

I’d love to see us get lucky and get a mercy bid just for the couple seniors we have. And also this fanbase would explode and it would be great for the program.

On a side note, I’m concerned that Palmer and Copeland might not return next year.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is going to return

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we get McVeigh back. We’ll be tourney bound.