• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Syracuse Basketball 2013-2014

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting Five:

RAK. Center. 6-9. He better play well because there will be plenty of competition at the Center position.
2012 stats. 12.7 Minutes, 5.1 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.8 blocks.

Jerami Grant, Power Forward.
2012 stats. 14.3 minutes, 3.9 points, 3.0 rebounds and 0.5 blocks. He really came to play in the Final Four loss to Michigan snagging 7 boards over McGary and adding 4 point in 17 minutes of play.

C.J. Fair, Small Forward. I so hope he returns to SU.
2012 stats. 34.9 minutes, 14.5 points, 7.0 rebounds, 1.0 blocks and 1.1 steals.

Trevor Cooney, Shooting Guard. Despite his shooting struggles, TC provided a lot of solid defense and always played hard. I'm hoping he finds his stroke during the off season.
2012 stats. 11.2 minutes and 3.4 points per game.

Tyler Ennis, Point Guard. The 6'2, 5 star recruit is expect to have just as much ability and potential as any guard SU has had.
2012 stats at St. Benedicts Prep (NJ). 20.8 points, 6.1 assist, 5.1 rebounds and 3.1 steals. I'm sold.

Off the Bench:

Keita. 6-10 and has a motor that won't quit. I like Keita a bunch because he seems better in the big games.
2012 stats: 16.8 minutes, 3.7 points, 1.1 blocks and 3.6 rebounds. But in the Big East tournament he posted 8.3 points and 4.8 rebounds per game.
Coleman. 6-9, 288 pounds. Wow. Struggled in his first year. But I've see it forever at SU...the Bigs take a while to develop.
2012 stats: 12.7 minutes, 4.8 points and 4.0 rebounds.

Michael Gbinije, Guard/Forward. All I know is he is 6-7 and can handle the ball. He is a Duke transfer. Was a 5 star recruit. I expect him to push Cooney, Ennis and even Grant for PT.
No stats for 2012 as he sat out last year.

Tyler Roberson, Small Forward. 6-8, 210 pound beast is SU most touted recruit in the 2013 class. There is so much depth on the baseline....I'm just not sure how he gets in the game. I don't see him redshirting though....and I expect to see him get minutes like Grant did in the 2012 season.
2012 stats at Roselle Catholic (NJ, 17.5 points, 11.7 rebounds and 3.3 blocks

Ron Patterson, Shooting Guard. Another one I know nothing of. He was highly recruited and committed to IU....went to school a little bit and left. I don't think he could handle the education requirements because he ended up enrolling at Brewster Academy (NH) before committing to SU.

B.J.Johnson. Yep...SU's got a Bad Johnson. At 6-7, he seems to be the prototypical Coach JB 2-3 zone player. Tall, lanky and athletic. I don't see him sniffing the court this year, but expect we will see him down the road a piece.

Chinonso Obokoh....pronounced Chee-No-so Oh-Bow-koh. That's all I know about him.

The 2013 - 2014 version of SU is so much like last years team. SU will lose a ton of scoring and will re-load. This is another one of those teams that is built to be sucessful during a tournament. I expect another mid season grind where the constent pounding wears them down and they drop some games. But come tournament time, thier length and bulk down low will give everyone fits. I expect a very deep run in the ACC and the NCAA tournamentss.

I think it's going to be a great year.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Fair Decides

The decision is in.

Syracuse University junior C.J. Fair has come to a decision on whether he will enter the NBA Draft or return for his senior year. Fair made his decision while visiting his family in Baltimore over the weekend.

But Syracuse fans will have to wait at least another day to find out the news. Fair is expected to hold a press conference at Syracuse University this week, possibly as early as Tuesday, according to a source close to Fair.

Fair led Syracuse in both scoring (14.5 points per game) and rebounding (6.9 per game) this past season. He also led the Orange in 3-point shooting percentage.

Several NBA executives surveyed last week had Fair slotted as a second-round pick in this year's draft.

Fair's decision could have a huge impact on Syracuse for the 2013-14 season. The Orange is already losing three of its five starters in seniors Brandon Triche and James Southerland along with sophomore Michael Charter Williams who declared for the draft last week.

The fact that Fair will hold a press conference to announce his decision offers no indication of which way he is leaning. Last week, Michigan stars Mitch McGary and Glenn Robinson III held a news conference to announce they were returning to school.

Carmelo Anthony held a press conference when he left Syracuse, but Hakim Warrick had a press conference to announce he was staying. Carter-Williams had the university release a statement when he decided to enter this year's draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stoked McGary and GRIII are returning. I had a good feeling they both would. Neither are ready for the NBA and even the Big Dog himself played two years at Purdue after red shirting. It was a different era but GRII was NBA ready after one season of college ball. I don't think his son will fill out the same way but he should be a bit more athletic. Now if McGary adds a couple of inches to his vertical, fine tunes his inside shot, and works on those FTs a bit, he could be downright scary down low.

Fair still yet to make a public announcement. I hope you guys get him back! I like seeing the talent stay as long as possible in the college ranks.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stoked McGary and GRIII are returning. I had a good feeling they both would. Neither are ready for the NBA and even the Big Dog himself played two years at Purdue after red shirting. It was a different era but GRII was NBA ready after one season of college ball. I don't think his son will fill out the same way but he should be a bit more athletic. Now if McGary adds a couple of inches to his vertical, fine tunes his inside shot, and works on those FTs a bit, he could be downright scary down low.

Fair still yet to make a public announcement. I hope you guys get him back! I like seeing the talent stay as long as possible in the college ranks.

HEY NIGHTMARE!!! Good to see ya bud.. Make sure ya come bullshit with us on the CFB threads

Eboo

Tar Heel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonvi- does anybody know why CBS shut down their boards?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonvi- does anybody know why CBS shut down their boards?

I've seen nothing out of cbs that explained the decision. My thoughts are they got tired of maintaining the site. The bickering/trolling probably wasn't looking good to the sponsers. I think cbs decided the gains did not outweigh the losses.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Fair decides to return for his senior year. We'ze Cuse fans like to think that puts the Cuse in a good spot for next season. And I believe CJ will make a run at the ACC POY.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jonvi, Syracuse will be loaded!

douggie.....good seeing you made it here. :suds:

For now SU's guard play will be a question. Out of four guys though, someone's bound to be ready to make the leap. But the base line should be in good shape.

Duke will be a beast. UNC looks good too. UM has one of the best guards in the nation returning. SU will be there too. An awesome year of hoops is coming up for the ACC.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on the street is Antonio Barton is looking at SU as a possible transfer location. He announced a couple of weeks back he was transfering. He graduates from Memphis this June a year early and still has one year remaining. Because he's graduated, he can play immediately.

He would be a great get for SU this coming season. SU has only one returning guard with minutes (Cooney) came to SU as a sharp shooter, but did have a good year at all.

With Barton.....SU is a final four team.

Lace em up!

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonvi you rat bastard! SeeBS tried to keep us down.

Asswhipes. :10: Good to see you.

Oh and btw - Cuse sux! :gaah:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonvi you rat bastard! SeeBS tried to keep us down.

Asswhipes. :10: Good to see you.

Oh and btw - Cuse sux! :gaah:

Man.....very cool seeing you here. :drink:

And what sux is that cheesey Rick Rude Av. :laugh3: If it wasn't for the Midwest bracket, I would have been a beast in the bracket. What happened out there?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I had SLU going far. I can't say sh!t.

But the Cuse went further than I thought. Too bad that Wichy St didn't take down Loueyhell. Good seeing you man. Let me know when the bball pickems come on or I can try to start somethin

Thas riight

Brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonvi, y'all are lucky that y'all left when you did. Memphis would have been kicking that azz on the regular, son.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice thought though...cept.....Has Memphis beat a top 25 team since Coach Cal left?:laugh3:

Actually I like Memphis a bunch and have a lot of friends who are memphis homers from the see bee sss pages. Since 2000, Memphis has been on a run and it's fun to watch.

I think Josh is going to be considered a great coach one day. He's young and will learn how to get young men to respond. When he does, Memphis will be all any team will want.

Brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG!!! We beat Xavier two years ago and St. Mary's this last tourney. Way to hang on to the Kentucky Fried Nuthugger Fan club, tho. Doe.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jonvi, Syracuse will be loaded!

Douggie, I didn't have any UK Duke wars with you on CBS...but I lmao at your wars with the Tarheels. I gotta give you credit...you never backed down.

As a UK fan I can relate to the hatred that is spewed toward Duke and their fans. UK is probably hated as much as Duke is.......by fans of other schools.

But if you ain't hated you probably ain't winnin':lol:
Anyway, you keep fighting your battle with UNC and I'll keep fighting the battle against the dirty birds of Louisville.

I've often thought that Duke and UNC playing yearly against UK and UL....in a 4 team alternating matchup....would make a Classic that fans from everywhere would enjoy. Most of the fans would probably hope that UK and Duke lost the majority of the time:fish:
Oh by the way...and....to be totally honest I probably don't care for Duke any more than you do UK

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG!!! We beat Xavier two years ago and St. Mary's this last tourney. Way to hang on to the Kentucky Fried Nuthugger Fan club, tho. Doe.

Your boys beat the sisters of st mary's. Not a bad start. One day they will grow into huggie pullups. Josh too. :first:

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tango, thanks. I respect UK. I would love a series too. Problem is the ACC expanding and pre-season tournaments make that virtually impossible. The only times Duke and Kentucky can meet will be in a pre-season tourney or the NCAA big dance. You can pull for the Blue Devils when they play UofL.