• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Syracuse Basketball 2013-2014

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I'm asking "No Quarter" as Robert Plant says. I'm so ready for this season. Just do me a favor. Spank the tar babies good for me.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I'm asking "No Quarter" as Robert Plant says. I'm so ready for this season. Just do me a favor. Spank the tar babies good for me.

Did you hear the UNC AD say Harriston will still be on the team this year? I thought that kid was history. Goes to show Coach Roy will do anything he can to keep a kid he likes.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse Orange gets commitment from PG Kaleb Joseph - ESPN

This fills a much neeed gap in SU's future at the PG. Ennis could be a one and done. Adding Joseph to the 2014 class also pushes SU to #4 in the recuiting class of 2014.....if you buy into that sort of thing.

Coach JB thinks Ennis will get 38 minutes a game this year. That has to be an exageration, but it still says a bunch. Don't forget....Dion Waters and MCW both were pissed about the lack of playing time when they were freshmen.

Ennis....a true freshman leading the Orange is a big deal.

Jim Boeheim on Tyler Ennis: He's going to play about 38 minutes a game | syracuse.com

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah times really are a changing for syracuse, consistently getting good recruiting classes, accepting transfers, giving freshman ample playing time, IU, unc, BC & duke all coming to the dome this season, & ACC membership.......ok WTF is going on here :noidea:

only bigger change that could come to cuse would be if jimmy B decided to keep his tounge in check & play man

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man fella's....I went to the SU/Colgate game. This SU team has a long way to go. The guard play was good enough. If not for CJ and Grant, there would be nothing happening on the baseline. Problem is Grant comes in as the 6th man. Coleman and Christmas are getting most of the minutes and are not getting it done. Which I thought those two would be unstoppable this year.

Now I read SU barely got by St. Francis last night....tied it up 1.45 remaining in the game.

This team, especially Coleman and Christmas, has to wake up or SU's gonna be toast.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU's ACC Schedule:

Jan
4 Miami
7 @VTech
11 UNC
13 @BC
18 Pitt
25 @Miami
29 @Wake

Feb
1 Duke
3 ND
9 Clem
12 @Pitt
15 NCST
19 BC
22 @Duke
24 @MD

Mar
1 @UVA
4 GTECH
9 @FSU

Then the ACC tournament....:drool:

Then da madness. :yahoo:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU is One of the Teams to Beat

If you go to the OP you will see my SU write up which was done in April of 2013 shortly after the NCAA tournament and SU had lost in the Final Four. Last year was by all accounts a very good year for SU.

I'm here to tell you this year's version of SU is the same but different version. The different is SU has a real point guard and last year's team didn't. And this year the team has multiple closers and last year's team didn't.

The same version is this years team is built for deep runs in a tournament. The SU defense will take SU a very long way. SU's O is in a funk right now, but everyone knows this team can get it going and when they do, it's pretty.

I've read opinions of some saying this years SU isn't anywhere as good as last years team. Too funny cause last years SU ended the regular season with 8 losses. And one of those losses was to Temple. :nod: Add in the loss in the BET and the one loss in the FF, last year's SU had 10 losses. That's not happening this year.

Back to the OP, I ended it with:

The 2013 - 2014 version of SU is so much like last years team. SU will lose a ton of scoring and will re-load. This is another one of those teams that is built to be sucessful during a tournament. I expect another mid season grind where the constent pounding wears them down and they drop some games. But come tournament time, thier length and bulk down low will give everyone fits. I expect a very deep run in the ACC and the NCAA tournamentss.

I think it's going to be a great year.

Now after SU getting it's first loss and a record of 25 - 1, the only thing I would say I didn't nail is....:scratch:

Well.....Nothing. :suds:There's still a lot of bball to go and SU has time to resight in their weapons. And when they do....I still swing the wagon around your direction to let you back on.

Last edited by a moderator: