• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Superbowl Seahawks vs Pats

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really looking forward to the game. (Guys let's try to keep this post about the game. Deflate gate is a hot topic now but it's a different topic than what will happen on the field on Sunday) The Seahawks have a great defense. It will be interesting to see how they match up against the the Pats offense. The injury to Earl Thomas is an important one for the Seahawks. When healthy he's one of the best safeties in the NFL. Thomas is a tough guy to even play with a dislocated shoulder. Jeron Johnson is the backup strong safety. He has 4 yrs of experience with their team. If Thomas is out Johnson should know their defensive schemes yet a player like Thomas is hard to replace. I don't think Sherman's injury will be that much of a factor. He does like to bump receivers at the line of scrimmage yet he still will have his excellent coverage skills. If they throw much his way that could lead to an INT. I think we'll see Kam Chancellor making a big impact in this game. RE the Seahawks on offense: I think the Seahawks will need to make some throws to keep the Pats from stacking the line of scrimmage to stop the run. Interestingly as good as the Pats CB's are they are middle of the pack vs the Pass (17th) The Pats are a top 10 team vs the run yet they will be facing the top rushing team in the league.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one quick note on 'deflategate'....I think its comical that Mr. Kraft feels the need to address the media in the way that he did regarding the situation. Probably 80%(or more) of all individuals persecuted by the law in this country are found guilty by way of 'circumstantial evidence'. Hardly ever is there a situation where the officials ACTUALLY have a video of someone committing a crime. For Kraft to come out and virtually demand an apology if no 'actual proof' is found(linking the Pats to the infraction) is hilarious. All there EVER could have possibly been is 'circumstantial evidence', unless someone happened to be filming some knucklehead removing the air from ONLY the Patriots footballs, which is just a little suspicious regardless of how you look at it. It just appears to me that Kraft clearly has the attitude of 'we can do what we please, we are bigger than the NFL....'. I think he should have offered a statement, but perhaps AFTER the investigation was complete. And it might have looked substantially better had he given the fans all of the appropriate 'sound bites'- "This was an unfortunate situation, I do not understand how any of this took place..."-etc etc etc. Anyways, just my opinion on it all. I think Krafts attitude on it all is pathetic. Now, as far as the superbowl.....I think it will be a really good game, with the Pats pulling it out late in the 4th. Maybe 35-31. I realize both teams have really good defenses, but in a passing league with two really good quarterbacks, there should be plenty of points. It will be interesting to see how Lynch does against a pretty good Pats D.....could be the difference of the game.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to avoid this topic but here goes RE Deflate Gate: I saw a poll that showed that every state in this country outside of New England does not believe Brady & Belichick after they gave their press conferences. Kraft is a loyal guy. Sometimes loyalty can blind a person to the truth. I think he's taking these guys at their word. He just stepped in the mud with these guys though. Meanwhile the league states that they have video evidence of a locker room attendant taking footballs after the official inspection and bringing them into another room. Even without evidence, there is a common sense element. The Colts footballs did not under-inflate during the game. In fact neither did the Pats footballs after they had been re-inflated at half time. These guys are arrogant especially Brady and Belichick to think that the public is too naive to understand the facts. Brady recently told a head coach he needs to "read the rule book" yet he was using under-inflated footballs which is against the rules. Also common sense states that a Pro QB can tell the difference between an under-inflated football and a football with the league accepted amount of PSI. I can tell the difference and I don't throw footballs for a living. Anyone that thinks under-inflating a football doesn't help to catch it or throw it in the rain or grip it better to avoid fumbles must have never played football in inclement weather. The Pats could have been honest after being caught which would have been much more respectable. To the angry Pats fans: Try to avoid personal attacks if you have the class to do so. You can ignore this post or climb in the mud with your team and stand up for their lies.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards_fins1,

The Pats have a great offense but I don't see them scoring 35 points against the Seahawks. The Seahawks mistakes last week vs GB was more of anomaly. They had a plus 10 turnover differential during the season. Even with 5 turnovers, the Seahawks held GB to 22 points. To have a chance I think the Pats defense will have to play great to win a close game.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to avoid this topic but here goes RE Deflate Gate: I saw a poll that showed that every state in this country outside of New England does not believe Brady & Belichick after they gave their press conferences. Kraft is a loyal guy. Sometimes loyalty can blind a person to the truth. I think he's taking these guys at their word. He just stepped in the mud with these guys though. Meanwhile the league states that they have video evidence of a locker room attendant taking footballs after the official inspection and bringing them into another room. Even without evidence, there is a common sense element. The Colts footballs did not under-inflate during the game. In fact neither did the Pats footballs after they had been re-inflated at half time. These guys are arrogant especially Brady and Belichick to think that the public is too naive to understand the facts. Brady recently told a head coach he needs to "read the rule book" yet he was using under-inflated footballs which is against the rules. Also common sense states that a Pro QB can tell the difference between an under-inflated football and a football with the league accepted amount of PSI. I can tell the difference and I don't throw footballs for a living. Anyone that thinks under-inflating a football doesn't help to catch it or throw it in the rain or grip it better to avoid fumbles must have never played football in inclement weather. The Pats could have been honest after being caught which would have been much more respectable. To the angry Pats fans: Try to avoid personal attacks if you have the class to do so. You can ignore this post or climb in the mud with your team and stand up for their lies.

I completely and entirely concur with your sentiments on this situation. I think at least Brady, and most likely Belichick, bold faced lied about their 'knowledge' regarding the footballs. If the NFL decides to do nothing, I really believe they will be opening 'Pandora's box' involving situations similar to this one. EVERY TEAM will be pulling this crap, along with so many other cheat scenarios. I think Goodell has got to finally make a statement....it will be very interesting to see what penalties(if any) are handed down.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards_fins1,

The Pats have a great offense but I don't see them scoring 35 points against the Seahawks. The Seahawks mistakes last week vs GB was more of anomaly. They had a plus 10 turnover differential during the season. Even with 5 turnovers, the Seahawks held GB to 22 points. To have a chance I think the Pats defense will have to play great to win a close game.

You make a great point and you very well could be right. I just think that, while Seattle's defense is certainly second to none, the game today is suited for high octane offense and lots of points. That being said, I believe at least one of these teams will score 30+. Either via blowout or in a close game. There will be good/great defensive plays, no doubt.....but with two pretty damned good quarterbacks(one a first ballot hall of famer), I think 30 points isn't much of a stretch for either team. I do believe it will be a much better game than last year, no offense Denver fans. My best friend is a Seahawks fan.....I'm going into hibernation if they win. It will be better than having to hear him run his piehole for the next 10 yrs.....good Lord.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make a great point and you very well could be right. I just think that, while Seattle's defense is certainly second to none, the game today is suited for high octane offense and lots of points. That being said, I believe at least one of these teams will score 30+. Either via blowout or in a close game. There will be good/great defensive plays, no doubt.....but with two pretty damned good quarterbacks(one a first ballot hall of famer), I think 30 points isn't much of a stretch for either team. I do believe it will be a much better game than last year, no offense Denver fans. My best friend is a Seahawks fan.....I'm going into hibernation if they win. It will be better than having to hear him run his piehole for the next 10 yrs.....good Lord.

Turnovers could lead to a team scoring in the 30's in the game. There is a saying that a good defense beats a good offense. We'll see on Sunday. You may have to hear your friend who is a Seahawks fan bragging for a while. I have some friends who are Pats fans that will be bragging if they win. I think Belichick will make Wilson make some throws to win. He has some guys that can catch the ball plus he scrambles well to give himself extra time. Sometimes in SB's it's guys that no one expects to make an impact that make some big plays. Luke Willson could make an impact in the game for the Seahawks.