• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl LVI: Los Angeles Rams vs. Cincinnati Bengals Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homeless?
Hookers?
Heroine?
Happy Tugs?
Homos?

WTF is H?

Ask the Seattle grunge scene....Layne, Kurt, Wood, Mike Starr,

After Cobain's death, his "...widow, singer Courtney Love, characterized Seattle as a drug mecca, where heroin is easier to get than in San Francisco or Los Angeles.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing the idea is that it would be a burden for a Super Bowl team to have to prepare for the game and clean out of their locker in the same week. And, given that the lockers are equal facilities (since the Chargers use the other one as their home locker), it just makes sense. I'm not crazy about the idea of the home/visitor sideline being flipped. That seems like a preferential advantage for the Rams (a comfort zone maybe) that isn't as logistically difficult as cleaning out your locker.

Or maybe they just don't want the Bengals engaging in the time-honored Upper-Decker ritual in their lockerroom after kicking their butts on the field.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing the idea is that it would be a burden for a Super Bowl team to have to prepare for the game and clean out of their locker in the same week. And, given that the lockers are equal facilities (since the Chargers use the other one as their home locker), it just makes sense. I'm not crazy about the idea of the home/visitor sideline being flipped. That seems like a preferential advantage for the Rams (a comfort zone maybe) that isn't as logistically difficult as cleaning out your locker.

Or maybe they just don't want the Bengals engaging in the time-honored Upper-Decker ritual in their lockerroom after kicking their butts on the field.
Well, when they hold a SB in Cinci......never mind. :D

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May the best team win. Amazing SB, fans torn between Bungles becoming the Bengals again. And seeing Stafford get what he deserves. Nobody gives a hoot about the Rams, except their fans.
So unless we beat the Rams in the Superbowl, we are still the Bungles?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams (Rams, Chargers) are home teams. It's not like this is a Boston Celtics away lockerroom they're dealing with.
that's not the point. why change the rules?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate it that the Rams got in at the expense of the 49ers but no grudge toward the Rams at all. They got it done when it counted and the 49ers didn’t

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star power is on the Rams, at home, advantage is there.. Bengals beating KC on the road was a big deal though, shows there a battle tested group, and there D was incredible in the second half of that game … I think the Rams D line is once again gonna be a problem and is the biggest advantage the Rams have .. Should be a good game, but it doesn’t surprise me the Rams are favored…

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star power is on the Rams, at home, advantage is there.. Bengals beating KC on the road was a big deal though, shows there a battle tested group, and there D was incredible in the second half of that game … I think the Rams D line is once again gonna be a problem and is the biggest advantage the Rams have .. Should be a good game, but it doesn’t surprise me the Rams are favored…
Rams have the better matchup for sure along the line. Bengals have made it work all year when facing good DL's (See Tenn game). It may be ugly - but they have such a good combo of defense/offense that they always seem to be playing complimentary football carrying the side that needs some time to get going. One benefit the Bengals *Could* have is Stafford does have a history of some really bad stretches of throws in big games. Bengals have been turning teams over, especially in the playoffs. That was a big factor in the Tenn game off-setting the OL/DL issues the Bengals faced.

As for being on the road - Bengals have 7 road wins this year, including 2 in the playoffs. That's not too bad. Shows they can certainly block out the "noise" and get things done in hostile environments. And, while this is at the Rams home stadium - the crowd will likely be more neutral, of course, than a standard home game would be.

Should be a really good game.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish they busted out the Orange jerseys in this one. Damn near unbeatable in those things for some reason.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish they busted out the Orange jerseys in this one. Damn near unbeatable in those things for some reason.
I keep asking Geoff Hobson if he could look their record up when wearing the orange jersey with black pants, because I do not know for sure, but don't we have like a 85% winning percentage with those jersey combos? That is a guess, but I can't hardly remember us losing in those jersey's. Plus, they are by far my favorite jersey combo.

They wanted to go back with white for the nostalgia, but shit, we lost both those games, I am ready for something new!!!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One benefit the Bengals *Could* have is Stafford does have a history of some really bad stretches of throws in big games.
These are the biggest games of his career, and he has been pretty great besides a few bad throws this whole postseason.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is going to come down to McVay's willingness to run the ball and stick to it. If he doesn’t Cincy very well likely will win this game.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate it that the Rams got in at the expense of the 49ers but no grudge toward the Rams at all. They got it done when it counted and the 49ers didn’t

Oh we let you all in the playoffs to expose the Cowboys and Aaron Rodgers for sheer enjoyment. Then we finally got it done vs you guys

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm guessing there's different entrances depending which locker room you're using so not changing the locker room means not changing the sideline you're using.