• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl Contenders????

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, the mess is a whole lot deeper than the kicker and adding some position players. It starts with the coaching staff. Bevell was god awful yesterday with his game planning. The middle of the field was open all game long and he refused to use it. It was homerun ball or nothing as usual. Cable still holding a coaching position in the NFL is a travesty. What can be said about him that hasent already been said? Neither will be going anywhere until Pete goes and as unpopular as this decision is, its probably time for him to step down. The team currently is just a continuation of all the problems accumulated the last couple years and its not getting any better. As fans of the team, we truly knew this was going to happen, but only a few were ready to admit it. I have no aspirations for this team going forward. Team had a very generous schedule this season and will be lucky to make the playoffs.
Fickle fans being fickle.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fickle fans being fickle.

I know what your saying, but what do you truly expect from this team this season? If we make the playoffs, maybe a home win and then another road game where we get annihilated? Thats a best case scenario in my opinion. Problem is, that same old song and dance is getting stale. Changes need to be made in order to move forward and its a shame because we threw all of our oranges in the basket this season with signings of Brown, Richardson, Freeney, etc,,,. Its not the players, its the coaching and philosophy.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything can happen in the postseason... The one thing we have going for us in the postseason is a good defense... A defense can carry a team a long ways in the postseason... Not going to count us out at all... The way I look at it is we control our own destiny in our division...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 points at home. 12.

i dont care that our kicker missed 3 FGs, we shouldnt be kicking so many FGs to begin with. its the same old problems with this team that have been going on since 2014.

cant convert 3rd downs
cant score in the redzone
terrible clock management (why did we hurry the TD and not burn the clock down?)

whether we want to admit it or not this team is due for a rebuilt coaching staff, someone with some real offensive ideas and not the schlop bevell serves up every week. if it means relieving carroll of his duties then so be it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 points at home. 12.

i dont care that our kicker missed 3 FGs, we shouldnt be kicking so many FGs to begin with. its the same old problems with this team that have been going on since 2014.

cant convert 3rd downs
cant score in the redzone
terrible clock management (why did we hurry the TD and not burn the clock down?)

whether we want to admit it or not this team is due for a rebuilt coaching staff, someone with some real offensive ideas and not the schlop bevell serves up every week. if it means relieving carroll of his duties then so be it.
LOL. Atta boy Snugs.
We are 5-3 and playing like crap. I recall decades when I would kill for that record.
I tend to live and die my football life around this team. Even with the mistakes I'm good with Pete and whoever he wants as assistant coaches.
With an OC, it is not merely the play call. It is mainly the execution of that play call that matters most.
We are still tough and very capable of performing well...well...except for the run game...and the kicking game... But other than that...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we lost a gimme game at home to an inferior opponent and coaching was the problem.

carroll won us a superbowl and i will always be in his debt for that but theres no sense in letting him hang around if he refuses to do whats necessary on offense.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we lost a gimme game at home to an inferior opponent

That's the thing, i don't believe they are inferior, at least not right now. This team is broken. I think people believed this team was better than it is but really other than beating the Rams who have we beat really? who have we thumped bad also? Scrubs we have beat scrubs. Only team they beat with a winning record was the Rams.

49ers: 0-9 and we beat them at home by 3 points.
Colts: 3-6 good win but we were losing after the first half @HOME!
Rams: 6-2 Best win all season and lets not forget they dropped the winning TD at the end of the game
Giant's: 1-7 Powerhouse right there.
Houston: 3-5 a shootout @home that we almost lost.

Combined Record 13-29, remove just the one game against the Rams and they are 7-27. Thats some strong teams we beat.
:L

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it as this.

Yeah we made alot of mistakes in that Washington game. We stunk up the joint. There is no argument there. Yeah we have survived against some inferior talent.

But the only thing is (and some here seem to forget) that we are a RESULTS business. Those results are decided by Wins and losses. NOT HOW IT IS DONE. ITS THE END RESULT.

Upsets happen from time to time. Case in point( and i'm sorry for hockey but it is a good example for my point.)

Edmonton was supposed to be a preseason cup contender. They came off a year were they were a game away from making the conference championship (lost game 7). They dominated there first game of the season with a 3-0 win.

Vancouver was playing there first game. Came off a extremely disappointing season where they finished with the 2nd worst record and everybody was expecting the same thing in the preseason predictions.

Beatdown in Edmonton's favor right?

Vancouver won 3-2.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One question still has to loom as far as this thread's title is concerned.

Why talk Super Bowl when we're just trying to get this team back on the winning track? Best to take things one game at a time, point out the faults and actually try to do something about correcting things. Player replacements if necessary, some new ways of keeping penalties low, a way to lay off the zone defense...

Basically, it all comes down to the instance when Mora was squawking about "PLAYOFFS?!" in his best Don Knotts voice.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are 1 win off where I figured we would be after 9 games. The path to 12-4 got a lot harder with that Redskins loss, but it's not like the season is over. We have a great QB, good weapons around him, an OL that got a shot in the arm with Duane Brown, and the D is still top quality even w/o Sherman. They have to find a way to avoid some of the penalties because that is really what is killing drives for our offense and extending them for the opponent.

Take care of business against Atlanta and 7-3 isn't a bad spot, especially when we still have chances to hang losses on our biggest threat in the division and the biggest one to get the 1 seed. This team has the talent to rise up and get it done. We win the division if we beat the Rams (and finish even or better in wins), so I think we need to root for them to beat Philly so we are in the same position with the Eagles. Philly looks like the top dog lately, but things can change quickly in the NFL and every team is capable of having an off day.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this team will be lucky to be 10-6, I say the over under on wins is 9.5 right now. This team is broken and even with the improvement on the oline the last two games they are just 1-1 because of stupid UNFORCED mistakes because of bad discipline. ( Coaching ) No way do i blame Carroll because he doesn't coach up the groups he coaches up the team as a whole and doesn't have time to coach up discipline to every positional group, that's up to the position coaches and OC and DC to a point unless they are also positional coaches like say ...CABLE! ( Oline Coach, DL Coach, LB Coach, RB Coach, CB/S Coach, QB Coach, ST Coach )

The Hawks have talent even if it's aging talent and all the injuries hurt but maybe it's a good thing. We need more young guys to develop because we got some over paid under performing older people on this team and no i wont name names. You all know my opinion on this. Time to see what we got and what we need.

I want to add something.
CJ Prosise come on man can you even play a single game with out getting hurt? you should give back every dime the Hawks paid you!

i am getting sick of how injury prone this team seems to becoming, It's not only Prosise. Starting to feel like the TR years -.-

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this team will be lucky to be 10-6, I say the over under on wins is 9.5 right now. This team is broken .-

Things fans tend to forget is the fact that EVERY team in the NFL is broken as some point or another at this point of the season... I don't buy into your reasoning...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things fans tend to forget is the fact that EVERY team in the NFL is broken as some point or another at this point of the season... I don't buy into your reasoning...
Some think we gotta win every game by 40 or the team is fatally flawed.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the remaining schedule, 8-8 is a real possibility especially in light of all the injuries.

If we lose next week to atlanta, stick a fork in em.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This team is broken and even with the improvement on the oline the last two games they are just 1-1 because of stupid UNFORCED mistakes because of bad discipline."

You know people if you are going to quote someone you should quote the whole sentence.

this team is broken right now because of unforced errors ( penalties on the oline and discipline )

Cable is to blame for most of the oline issues.

Defense hasn't been it's normal self either.

Funny how some pick and choose what they quote and remove half of it to fit their narration lol this is like the 2nd time someone has did this in almost as many weeks. LMAO!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys barely beat us and we turned it over 5 times

cmon