• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl Contenders????

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's refreshing to say the least. The most depressing thing about being so shitty is when you are thinking about the draft around Halloween. And it's weird now because as much as I don't want to get ahead of myself, I look at the rest of the schedule and think.. Win, Loss, Loss, Win, Loss, Loss

Playoffs? Maybe

We need a few more wins.

I noticed you guys have a very tough schedule but the team is playing at a high level so anything can happen. The 90's for us was that way as well thinking about the draft by Halloween. It's good to have the Rams back cause it was a great rivalry when the Hawks got placed in the NFCW.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a pretty grim view of how the rest of the season is going to play out. Our schedule is going to be really tough going forward. Atl, Phil, LAR, @Dal, @Jax. 3-2 is our best case from those games I think. Assuming we beat the Niners and Cards that puts us at 11-5.

Granted the remainder of the Rams schedule is no cake walk. @Vikings, Saints, Eagles, @Sea, and @Tenn.

This weekend will likely tell us if we have a chance at the division. They win and we lose and that's that. We win and they lose and things get much more interesting.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@flyerhawk, I'm with you at the 11-5 best case. I thought going into the season, the team would be 11-5 or 10-6 and likely be enough to win the division. The Rams play has put the division in question but all the Hawks really need to do is beat them at home and if the two teams have the same record, the Rams are the WC. Both teams have to face a tough schedule down the stretch and I think Minny might beat the Rams this weekend. I think the Hawks can beat Atlanta next week but it's no gimme for sure. Philly will be tough as well as the Rams but all of these are at home which helps. Zona at home should be a win although division rivals out of the hunt love playing spoiler.
As for the road games, Niners should be a win but we can't take them for granted (see div rival note on Zona). I think we beat JAX in their house with the same mentality as the Rams game earlier in the year and the Cards game. Shut down Fournette and make Bortles throw the ball. Gonna be tough to score on the Jags D but our D could shut them down. Bortles is awful and will give us lots of chances, I think. Dallas is the unpredictable one for me. Zeke will be back but will they still be in the hunt? Will they have other players out? We saw what happened to them with Tyron Smith out and when Sean Lee isn't in, the defense looks awful. We will have to wait and see, I guess. Lots of ball left and the real season is just beginning.
Could go as high as 5-2 or even 6-1 if things work out but could easily go 3-4 if they don't do what they have to. One game at a time, boys.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called, taking the team for Granted... Many fans seem to forget just how dry the well use to be...
Reminds me a bit of the 90s Sonics under Coach Karl...winning 50+ and deep into the playoffs most years somehow became not good enough. Karl is fired, and things disintegrated quickly after that.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a pretty grim view of how the rest of the season is going to play out. Our schedule is going to be really tough going forward. Atl, Phil, LAR, @Dal, @Jax. 3-2 is our best case from those games I think. Assuming we beat the Niners and Cards that puts us at 11-5.

Granted the remainder of the Rams schedule is no cake walk. @Vikings, Saints, Eagles, @Sea, and @Tenn.

This weekend will likely tell us if we have a chance at the division. They win and we lose and that's that. We win and they lose and things get much more interesting.
Rams, Eagles, & Hawks all have pretty equally tough schedules the rest of the way. I think it will come down to QB play, and I'm trusting RW more than Goff or Wentz. I remember other presumably tough stretches in the 2nd half of seasons that the Hawks ultimately rolled through. This wouldn't be the first time they step up get it done.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, the only concern I have is penalties. I’m not even blaming them on one coach. What was it, 5 first downs given up last game by the defense on penalties? Some of those were crap, but they still counted. It appears that Seattle is getting nit-picked by the officials right now, but they’ve still got clean it up.

Now there are minor concerns that can be improved or overcome come playoffs,:

Sherman's injury is gonna hurt, but how much is yet to be seen. The DL will need to get more consistent pressure on the QB early in snaps to help shield the CBS not being Sherman.

The OLine has improved in pass pro, but man they get next to zero push in the run game. Rawls was lowering his shoulder two yards in the backfield just to get back to the line of scrimmage last game. We're supposed to have road grader type lineman, yet they can’t seem to move the d line at all. Cable has a great reputation, but it’s starting to feel like the Hawks may be too patient with the line woes.

There are only 6 teams from each conference who get to be contenders for the Super Bowl, and the Hawks are contenders to be one of those 6. Overall, I like their chances to make the playoffs.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Positive note... Devonta Freeman is out against the Hawks on Monday...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was desperate for an effective run game as I feel it gives us the best chance to go deep in the playoffs.
The run game ain't gonna happen this year, so we gotta sling it.
Here's wishing us luck:martini:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was desperate for an effective run game as I feel it gives us the best chance to go deep in the playoffs.
The run game ain't gonna happen this year, so we gotta sling it.
Here's wishing us luck:martini:

Carroll said Chris Carson could be back in a week or two, how does that make you feel?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll said Chris Carson could be back in a week or two, how does that make you feel?

I'll take it. He has been the lone bright spot before going down. Interesting side not is Procise going to IR.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take it. He has been the lone bright spot before going down. Interesting side not is Procise going to IR.

Feel bad for Prosise, good talented young player that can't stay on the field at all. He gets to play 5 to 10 snaps and then he well ..snaps? lol

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel bad for Prosise, good talented young player that can't stay on the field at all. He gets to play 5 to 10 snaps and then he well ..snaps? lol

Yep, the kid can hit he corners and take off. Shame.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prosise is slated to max out at 739,000 next year... I think we should roll the dice and hang onto him rather than releasing him...

May peeps/fans are calling for his head... Insisting he's a waste of a roster spot... If he made more money, i'd understand but he's only schedule to make a 3/4 o of a mil...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To sell me he will have to produce after his injury. I don't expect much from him this year. Sadly, I'm not confident in seeing a similar picture of Rawls.
I hope I am wrong.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prosise is slated to max out at 739,000 next year... I think we should roll the dice and hang onto him rather than releasing him...

May peeps/fans are calling for his head... Insisting he's a waste of a roster spot... If he made more money, i'd understand but he's only schedule to make a 3/4 o of a mil...
I agree. IR him and see if he can recover for next year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, calling for his head when he doesn't cost much by NFL standards is just an emotional reaction. He doesn't cost a roster spot when he's on IR, either. There's really no risk in holding him through 2018 to see if he can work out of this injury funk. You just don't move on from talent like that unless they have issues off the field.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to be the man you have to beat the man, right now the Rams haven't done it yet. Seahawks are like the old Rick Flair of the division, not quite ready to hand over the title to the young contender. Rick like the Seahawks took advantage of the Rams mistakes and know how to win in spite of his flaws.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep him. Let's give him a full offseason of rehab and rest and let's see what we have in him next year. If he gets banged up again and can't stay on the field like this year, then he walks.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to be the man you have to beat the man, right now the Rams haven't done it yet. Seahawks are like the old Rick Flair of the division, not quite ready to hand over the title to the young contender. Rick like the Seahawks took advantage of the Rams mistakes and know how to win in spite of his flaws.
We will soon find out how this is going to go with the "surprising" Rams, as they are getting ready to play every other NFC division leader plus @ Seattle over the next 5 weeks. After that stretch, the speculation will be over and we will know if they were for real or just had a good stretch against bad teams. So far, the Rams' best win has been @ Dallas, which is a good win but the 'boys are not on the same level as they were last season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will soon find out how this is going to go with the "surprising" Rams, as they are getting ready to play every other NFC division leader plus @ Seattle over the next 5 weeks. After that stretch, the speculation will be over and we will know if they were for real or just had a good stretch against bad teams. So far, the Rams' best win has been @ Dallas, which is a good win but the 'boys are not on the same level as they were last season.

So far we got what we needed today, a Rams loss. Too bad the Skins couldn't hold on today but HFA is still in reach despite our key injuries.