• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl Champion Eagles!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Trump supporter, but he really had no business even addressing this issue from the start. Let Goodell run the NFL. In the 70's, Nixon declared Texas the national champs, and he had no right messing in college football. Having a lot of Christians on the Eagles cannot hurt - can it? Would you rather having a bunch of convicts playing for the Eagles? Who cares?

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have gone to the white house.

It's pathetic they didn't.

I hope they regret it later in life when they are hopefully more mature about these matters.

But best for everyone just to move on.
A lot of people are blaming this on Trump. Lurie decided to only send a group of 10 players to the white house.
That means most of the team would have been left out. Eagles also tried to reschedule to go there when Trump was
out of town. All this nonsense because of 4 or 5 players making immature noise! Our president stood up for the flag
and what it stands for. As a player I would have cherished the opportunity to go to the white house! I raised my kids to respect our flag and the people who fought for it. I am pissed about the way the Eagles have handled this whole thing!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people are blaming this on Trump. Lurie decided to only send a group of 10 players to the white house.
That means most of the team would have been left out. Eagles also tried to reschedule to go there when Trump was
out of town. All this nonsense because of 4 or 5 players making immature noise! Our president stood up for the flag
and what it stands for. As a player I would have cherished the opportunity to go to the white house! I raised my kids to respect our flag and the people who fought for it. I am pissed about the way the Eagles have handled this whole thing!

Do you have a source showing that Lurie was only going to send 10 players? My understanding from all I read today is that only 10 players wanted to go.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Trump supporter, but he really had no business even addressing this issue from the start. Let Goodell run the NFL. In the 70's, Nixon declared Texas the national champs, and he had no right messing in college football. Having a lot of Christians on the Eagles cannot hurt - can it? Would you rather having a bunch of convicts playing for the Eagles? Who cares?

I think this is very, very well said OD. On matters of religion and politics you and I could sit over a beer and not see eye to eye well. But I can tell you I fully agree with you that, simply, this is not a place the President needs to be interjecting into.

As for having a lot of Christians on the team.....and this is coming from someone who does not fully observe judeo Christian moors....of course it cannot hurt.

Ask me if it bothers me that my teams QB is a very devout Christian....or my teams coach, or TE, or any of the players. This doesn’t bother me in the least. I respect those individuals for their convictions and the way they live their lives and the examples they set.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well put my friend. This forum has a lot of different individuals, but the bottom line is we all love the Eagles, and it hurts me that our team is bearing the brunt of this nonsense, and our President also. Of all the good things Trump has done, this tarnishes his presidency, IMO.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERYTHING that the ignorant, incompetent, bigoted, pig, does, tarnishes his Presidency.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well put my friend. This forum has a lot of different individuals, but the bottom line is we all love the Eagles, and it hurts me that our team is bearing the brunt of this nonsense, and our President also. Of all the good things Trump has done, this tarnishes his presidency, IMO.

Unreal.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if they don't win.
and if they don't?

are you seriously going to point to "well it is probably because they didn't go to the WH?"

That's dumb.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if they don't?

are you seriously going to point to "well it is probably because they didn't go to the WH?"

That's dumb.

White House drama could have destroyed other teams … but not these Eagles

Well....I cannot fully say the concern that this White House drama will have zero negative impact on the team....but I can say it nearly completely based on what we know.

Depending on reports anywhere from 1-10 players, coaches and trainers planned to attend. That’s a very small slice of the overall team. What we don’t know is how it came to be that way?

Ultimately my mind spent last night wrapping around what the article in the above link says pretty well....this is a team that rose to the top by overcoming all adversity together. Yes, politics and personal beliefs matter. And they can be tougher on team unity than football related issues. But I don’t believe they are substantially tougher, at least not for this group.

I’m of the belief there was lots of talk about this as an overall team. There is a lot of diverse personalities on this roster, with a lot of differing personal beliefs. And I’m of the belief that Doug has put in the right culture to manage these diversities. And that is what we will see here. A team that remains focused on what they are there to do and not worrying about the adversity coming from the WH.

Perhaps with how this went down there is a disagreement with any posters personal beliefs. I can respect that. But, ultimately, I just can’t see this derailing this group of players and coaches that have shown us well so far how they deal with adversity and stay focused.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite line from this yesterday was in relation to the practice that was set up yesterday in lieu of the trip.

How the team would be getting an extra practice in as they prepare to be disinvited to the White House again next year. Lol

Reactions: ill

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if they don't?

That's dumb.

Really isn't about the trip itself, dumbass.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well....I cannot fully say the concern that this White House drama will have zero negative impact on the team....but I can say it nearly completely based on what we know.

Depending on reports anywhere from 1-10 players, coaches and trainers planned to attend. That’s a very small slice of the overall team. What we don’t know is how it came to be that way?

Ultimately my mind spent last night wrapping around what the article in the above link says pretty well....this is a team that rose to the top by overcoming all adversity together. Yes, politics and personal beliefs matter. And they can be tougher on team unity than football related issues. But I don’t believe they are substantially tougher, at least not for this group.

I’m of the belief there was lots of talk about this as an overall team. There is a lot of diverse personalities on this roster, with a lot of differing personal beliefs. And I’m of the belief that Doug has put in the right culture to manage these diversities. And that is what we will see here. A team that remains focused on what they are there to do and not worrying about the adversity coming from the WH.

Perhaps with how this went down there is a disagreement with any posters personal beliefs. I can respect that. But, ultimately, I just can’t see this derailing this group of players and coaches that have shown us well so far how they deal with adversity and stay focused.
if this makes someone like Jenkins or Long play harder because they have a chip on their shoulder, then so be it. They bring a ton of fire to the clubhouse and it will rub off on the younger guys on the team. I love that. And if more players get involved in the community because of those guys, then that's awesome too. I love that they didn't go and I love that the White House tried to blame the Eagles for it. We don't need to be a part of their propaganda.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not even sure what this post means.

what is it about?

Divide
Unity
Some special feeling people ruining it for others.

Everything except celebrating the championship as a team in this great country that enables them to play a children's game for millions of dollars.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Divide
Unity
Some special feeling people ruining it for others.

Everything except celebrating the championship as a team in this great country that enables them to play a children's game for millions of dollars.
what a negadelphian you are.

it's like you crave something you can whine about.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope:
:hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope::hope:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a negadelphian you are.

it's like you crave something you can whine about.
Fuck you. All these whiners caused this problem in the first place. It's a simple little celeberation for the Super Bowl champions but some of the players placed their political beliefs over the team. Those pricks happened to be well paid veterans so really they completely fucked the younger players.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you. All these whiners caused this problem in the first place. It's a simple little celeberation for the Super Bowl champions but some of the players placed their political beliefs over the team. Those pricks happened to be well paid veterans so really they completely fucked the younger players.
nah, I think they are going to get over it.

you seem to be more upset about it than anyone else.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ahhhh....Confirmed on 6/6/18....winning the teams first championship does not alleviate the Negadelphian in all phans. Got it.

And congrats on being the first to have your reason in place if the team falters this year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhh....Confirmed on 6/6/18....winning the teams first championship does not alleviate the Negadelphian in all phans. Got it.

And congrats on being the first to have your reason in place if the team falters this year.
Hope in one hand and shit in the other.

Everything would be fine if they all just went like they are supposed to. Instead? Problems that can hopefully be overcome.