• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Sun Bowl: Arizona St vs Florida St. 2pm (ET) CBS

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad that Kendal Briles is moving that ineptitude to the SEC now

Too be fair I think the ineptitude was mostly because of Taggart, I don't know what he even teaches his players. It certainly isn't discipline or not turning the ball over

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTH was 2 pts going to do for them?

It's on the list of 2 pt conversion scenarios.

They are up by 4 so the other team needs to get a TD to win. If they kick the extra point and go up by 5, it's the exact same scenario. They can still get beat with a TD by the other team.
If they go for two they go up by 6.

That forces the other team to hit their extra point if they were get a TD and tie it.

Certainly a slim chance the other team misses the chip shot extra point, but a chance none the less.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's on the list of 2 pt conversion scenarios.

They are up by 4 so the other team needs to get a TD to win. If they kick the extra point and go up by 5, it's the exact same scenario. They can still get beat with a TD by the other team.
If they go for two they go up by 6.

That forces the other team to hit their extra point if they were get a TD and tie it.

Certainly a slim chance the other team misses the chip shot extra point, but a chance none the less.

Plus it's not like there's much difference of being up by 4 or 5

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus it's not like there's much difference of being up by 4 or 5

Earlier in the game, you typically kick the automatic extra point and go up by 5.

Only late in the game when the other team is on it's last possession do you go for 2.

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier in the game, you typically kick the automatic extra point and go up by 5.

Only late in the game when the other team is on it's last possession do you go for 2.

Agreed I thought it was early too with about 10 minutes left in the 4th. Granted FSUs offense was a joke, but my thought process is had ASU missed the 2pt and FSU scores, 21-18 needs a FG to tie for ASU instead of a FG to win with the extra point.

Didn’t matter in this one either way, but still interesting to hear others opinions on what they would do in that situation.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad that Kendal Briles is moving that ineptitude to the SEC now

Hadn’t watched FSU this year but tuned in to see what our offense might look like next year and think I finally might have found QB and OL play worse than ours.

Probably going to look similar next year but hopefully 2-3 years in it will look more like his Baylor offenses...because we definitely don’t have FSU’s defense to bail us out the way they did in that game right now.

FSU rules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too be fair I think the ineptitude was mostly because of Taggart, I don't know what he even teaches his players. It certainly isn't discipline or not turning the ball over

Mostly true.
The 3 factors that doomed him were
1) miss on almost every QB including Jayden Daniels and Sam Howell
2) miss on instant upgrades at OL including tons of transfer options
3) Tell his defensive coordinator to run a system he never ran in his career. He isn't even an average playcaller but yesterday FSU went back to his 4-3 system that he knows and voila, they looked competent.

FSU rules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hadn’t watched FSU this year but tuned in to see what our offense might look like next year and think I finally might have found QB and OL play worse than ours.

Probably going to look similar next year but hopefully 2-3 years in it will look more like his Baylor offenses...because we definitely don’t have FSU’s defense to bail us out the way they did in that game right now.

Briles play calling was average this year. But yes, certainly limited with that bad QB and OL.

If Arkansas wants to have success, they almost certainly need a great offense longterm because Briles' offense puts the defense at a disadvantage with the 75-80 plays per game they have to defend.

FSU rules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was like a clinic for how not to play. Amazing, really.
yep.

Most shocking to me was that ASU needed us to turn it over 6 times with an outgoing coaching staff and a JV OL to win this game.

I know bowl games are sometimes really random but if I'm ASU I wouldn't feel the warm and fuzzy going forward.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep.

Most shocking to me was that ASU needed us to turn it over 6 times with an outgoing coaching staff and a JV OL to win this game.

I know bowl games are sometimes really random but if I'm ASU I wouldn't feel the warm and fuzzy going forward.

ASU couldn't punch it in, thus all the FGs. They were missing their two best players, who opted out. They were basically playing without any offensive weapons to speak of besides Darby, which is why Daniels kept just throwing it up to him. Literally the only dude he had. On top of that they played 32 freshmen this year. Sloppy isn't unexpected.