• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL SUN 11/12 1:00 PM EST Texans @ Cincy

Who da freak dey?

• tie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texans by a little

• Texans by 7 or more

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I was this frustrated with games at beginning of the year when our offense was completely missing.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea... we may not even make the playoffs if this is the real bengals.

I know injuries have taken a toll, but they need to respond. wife was pissed that I wanted to watch the game today, she usually sleeps all day sunday. lol

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like we've got a green light to stop sucking for a drive.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Stroud is good. I hope they don't fix it so that KC beats him.

quite a bit of holding was ignored on some key plays yesterday, not even sure what I was watching. the bengals are f ing around and finding out.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thoughts:
- The Texans. Always has to be the damn Texans. Have we ever played them when we were good and things actually worked out?

- Sam Hubbard is more important than given credit. We limited the 49ers powerful run game just two weeks ago and we couldn't shut down a Texans run game that has struggled? I think our inability to stop the run forced Lou to stick to the zone D and Stroud absoutely shredded the middle of the field.

- With Higgins out, we really couldn't stretch the field. No run game to loosen anything up.... D-line teeing off on Burrow. Irwin is a nice 4th or 5th receiver, but he can't stretch the field. Until we got behind, everything we a check down or short pass.

- It's a strange season. If you asked me 24 hours ago, I would have said that the Bengals might be the best team in the AFC and a playoff birth should be a lock if Burrow stays healthy. Now I'm not sure I see a path if we don't win on Thursday night. And that's a heavy lift without the services of Tee Higgins, Sam Hubbard, and maybe Trey Hendrickson. Oh, and a 75% Chase (he didn't look right and they clearly didn't want to use him the way they have in the past couple of weeks).

- It was tough watching Devin Singeltary play yesterday without asking why the Bengals weren't interested in signing him. Houston gave him 2.5 million guaranteed on a one year deal to be a back-up. There are a handful of guys that signed in the offseason that would be major assets for this team this season as a back-up or change of pace guy. As much as I admire some of the recent offseason moves by this team, the lack of action at running back is a huge head-scratcher.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thoughts:
- The Texans. Always has to be the damn Texans. Have we ever played them when we were good and things actually worked out?

- Sam Hubbard is more important than given credit. We limited the 49ers powerful run game just two weeks ago and we couldn't shut down a Texans run game that has struggled? I think our inability to stop the run forced Lou to stick to the zone D and Stroud absoutely shredded the middle of the field.

- With Higgins out, we really couldn't stretch the field. No run game to loosen anything up.... D-line teeing off on Burrow. Irwin is a nice 4th or 5th receiver, but he can't stretch the field. Until we got behind, everything we a check down or short pass.

- It's a strange season. If you asked me 24 hours ago, I would have said that the Bengals might be the best team in the AFC and a playoff birth should be a lock if Burrow stays healthy. Now I'm not sure I see a path if we don't win on Thursday night. And that's a heavy lift without the services of Tee Higgins, Sam Hubbard, and maybe Trey Hendrickson. Oh, and a 75% Chase (he didn't look right and they clearly didn't want to use him the way they have in the past couple of weeks).

- It was tough watching Devin Singeltary play yesterday without asking why the Bengals weren't interested in signing him. Houston gave him 2.5 million guaranteed on a one year deal to be a back-up. There are a handful of guys that signed in the offseason that would be major assets for this team this season as a back-up or change of pace guy. As much as I admire some of the recent offseason moves by this team, the lack of action at running back is a huge head-scratcher.

they placed their chips on the Chase Brown square, and he got injured. we may never know if he can be an NFL back or not. Seems that a lot of success towards a playoff run depends on the health of players. it's a brutal game, and that's why things get shook up every season, at least a little bit. if the Ravens beat us, maybe they can dethrone KC for a season. kinda sick of hearing about Mahommes, Mahommes, Kelce, and T-swift.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Stroud is good. I hope they don't fix it so that KC beats him.

quite a bit of holding was ignored on some key plays yesterday, not even sure what I was watching. the bengals are f ing around and finding out.
Exactly. They found out alright.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thoughts:

I think the next two games determine our season.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 sacs and no run game.
defense a sieve
injuries
got to get healthy and squeak into playoffs now. I think we can. tie breakers look horrible. Have a sunny day!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 sacs and no run game.
defense a sieve
injuries
got to get healthy and squeak into playoffs now. I think we can. tie breakers look horrible. Have a sunny day!
I don't care if we are the 7 seed. As long as we squeak in I am happy to see how things pan out. This conference and our division are nightmares.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF?
no way this isn't on purpose, NONE
I was convinced that Trey was trying to draw a foul and wasn't really hurt. But, reports of him getting an MRI throw cold water on that one.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad did Carolina screw up? They grabbed Leaf instead of Manning. Well, that is not fair, I don't think there could ever be another Leaf. Plenty of busts *cough Akili cough* But no other Leaf's. I remember the debate amongst experts on which QB should be taken #1 (Manning/Leaf).

I really do like Stroud alot, and thought he was the best QB in the Nation his final year. If not for a porous defense and a targeting of Harrison Jr. near the end of that game, OSU would have been enjoying a NC.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad did Carolina screw up? They grabbed Leaf instead of Manning. Well, that is not fair, I don't think there could ever be another Leaf. Plenty of busts *cough Akili cough* But no other Leaf's. I remember the debate amongst experts on which QB should be taken #1 (Manning/Leaf).

I really do like Stroud alot, and thought he was the best QB in the Nation his final year. If not for a porous defense and a targeting of Harrison Jr. near the end of that game, OSU would have been enjoying a NC.
might have to root for him and texans if we don't make it.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF?
no way this isn't on purpose, NONE
he was off balance, but yea, it does seem kinda weird and ill timed. you have to watch yourself out there, not looking the other way in the middle of several enemy players.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh.... Ryan Day deserves more criticism. All those top 3 recruiting classes, a generational talent like Stroud and he loses to Michigan two years in a row and hasn't given his team enough chances at the NC. Particularly given how average the Big 10 is after Michigan and OSU.

I'm enjoying watching Stroud be awesome.... Makes me laugh even more that the Buckeyes did absolutely nothing with him as QB. You can mention Harrison, but Stroud is winning in the NFL without guys as talented as Harrison.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.... Ryan Day deserves more criticism. All those top 3 recruiting classes, a generational talent like Stroud and he loses to Michigan two years in a row and hasn't given his team enough chances at the NC. Particularly given how average the Big 10 is after Michigan and OSU.

I'm enjoying watching Stroud be awesome.... Makes me laugh even more that the Buckeyes did absolutely nothing with him as QB. You can mention Harrison, but Stroud is winning in the NFL without guys as talented as Harrison.
True.

Last time a QB/WR combo was that special in college together was Burrow/Chase/Jefferson.

Stroud/Harrison Jr. was a very special combination. Then you add in the year Stroud had Olave, Garrett, Harrison Jr., Smith-Njigba. That is insane. There is no reason we shouldn't have won the NC that year, we even had a decent defense.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Speaking of Carolina, there's a chance the Bears might have Caleb Williams throwing passes to DJ Moore and Marvin Harrison Jr next season because of that trade. Crazy stuff.

Ben Johnson is getting all the hype as the Head Coach candidate of the 24 ( and rightfully so) but Bobby Slowik has to be next to the list. For an OC with a rookie QB and first year HC to be leading this type of offense is impressive.