• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SummerSlam to be 4 hours this year?

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It looks like there is some credibility to the rumors of WWE SummerSlam being a 4 hour pay-per-view this year.

Luca Franchini, who does WWE announcing for Sky Italia in Italy, announced on Facebook that WWE informed the network that this year's SummerSlam will be 4 hours long, in order for them to prepare and make room for the extra hour.

Franchini noted that SummerSlam is now scheduled to begin at 7pm EST instead of 8pm EST, pushing the Kickoff Pre-show up to 6pm EST.

It's possible WWE will make the official announcement this week. We will keep you updated on any developments." Credit to WrestlingInc.com

Thoughts?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A 4 hr show with Brock/UT headlining should have been at Metlife Stadium. This could have done 50-60,000 people easy. There's even a chance it could have been a sellout

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they're trying to make it more like Wrestlemania

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they going to create enough characters in a few weeks to entertain enough people for those hours? They have UT/Lesnar then what other story line to carry the show. Cesaro is going to have to carry a match with Owens while Owens is going have to try to do his unbelievable bully character and the New Day and PTP's for the 50th time.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a rumor that Sting has been getting in shape for a match at summerslam that the WWE has put on hold. Nobody knows who it was supposed to be against, I am thinking the will see if they feel the need to add the buzz to the reigns and ambrose vs wyatts, or if wyatt gets another.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 hour summerslam show is 2 weeks away and WWE only has one match booked for far.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 hour summerslam show is 2 weeks away and WWE only has one match booked for far.

"Officially" booked. We all pretty much know the card.

Lesnar/Taker
Cena/Rollins
Reigns+Ambrose/Wyatts (or some variation)
Owens/Cesaro
Likely some multi-tag team title match
Some divas trio match
And then whatever else is left over

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liked a story I read about ending the Lesnar Taker match with Lesnar winning, but shaking Takers hand at the end, leaving Taker to take his applause in the middle of the ring, the arena goes dark, one light on Taker, one light on Sting up in the rafters to set up wrestlemania and put both men on a more even old wrestler path.

I was hoping for a triple thread divas tag team with the new girls, allowing a triple threat for the title with Paige, Naomi and Nikki.

They are still having a pre show, which usually involves the tag belts, you would think they need at least three more matches to make the 4 hours.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liked a story I read about ending the Lesnar Taker match with Lesnar winning, but shaking Takers hand at the end, leaving Taker to take his applause in the middle of the ring, the arena goes dark, one light on Taker, one light on Sting up in the rafters to set up wrestlemania and put both men on a more even old wrestler path.

I was hoping for a triple thread divas tag team with the new girls, allowing a triple threat for the title with Paige, Naomi and Nikki.

They are still having a pre show, which usually involves the tag belts, you would think they need at least three more matches to make the 4 hours.

I get having Lesnar beat Taker...you have to as no one would believe a 50 yr old taker beating lesnar (it would also ruin Lesnar's momentum) I'm also against this match even happening..

But if you want to get hype for Taker/Sting at WM...why not have Taker BEAT someone at summerslam? Get him some momentum (although I know Taker doesn't need it) but without a win you have two wrestlers coming off a loss...

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confused with the "momentum" of Lesnar. I would think keeping that strap on Rollins is doing ore to lose the momentum of Lesnar. Lesnar, the beast, nobody can pin him, destroys whoever is in the ring. Yet we are stuck with this moron Rollins running away and keeping the belt with dq's. How hard does it seem for Lesnar to keep the strap?

I just go back to HHH and NXT, making NXT a hotter commodity than WWE Raw and smackdown. Now we get the match too big for Wrestlemania at summer slam, is HHH also making his summer slam bigger and more important than vinces wrestlemania? Are we just witnessing a pissing contest. Hell, he signed the actor to wrestle at summerslam, just like mr T at mania.

What will we be stuck with Taker vs brock three or 4 times a year while the belt stays with rollins?

Lesnar needs to move on. I really dont know how they can have Lesnar win clean without ruining undertaker. How can sting interfere in a way that Brock does not mind while sting gets in the mix with Taker to do the dead man vs the undead crow sting. Where is the vandetta for sting, just past history?

They have a must see match for once, I dont think many of us have faith that they will do the right thing here.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Cena is on instagram and twitter showing him working out for this match, but if the doctor does not clear him for the match, they are considering triple threat with rollins, orton and either owens or cesaro.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Cena is on instagram and twitter showing him working out for this match, but if the doctor does not clear him for the match, they are considering triple threat with rollins, orton and either owens or cesaro.
I saw Rollins vs Orton vs Sheamus. Owens and Cesaro are likely gonna have their own match. At least, that's what would make sense. Nobody wants to see Rollins vs Orton vs Sheamus though. That's a shit match with no good outcome at this point.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owens vs Cesaro has already been confirmed for the PPV and Cena has been cleared to wrestle so there's no confusion.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Rollins vs Orton vs Sheamus. Owens and Cesaro are likely gonna have their own match. At least, that's what would make sense. Nobody wants to see Rollins vs Orton vs Sheamus though. That's a shit match with no good outcome at this point.
I just think Sheamus stays out of it since he can cash in. I guess it would be a new twist to have him in the match where he does get pinned, orton rko's rollins and Sheamus cashes in. I would expect him to drop the belt really soon to Orton though, maybe even on Raw the following night.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
overload of wwe programming

Completely agree.

From Raw being three hours, Smackdown being two hours and Summerslam being four hours, the WWE is going to have 24 hours of original programming this month.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree.

From Raw being three hours, Smackdown being two hours and Summerslam being four hours, the WWE is going to have 24 hours of original programming this month.
Not to mention they have NXT TakeOver the night before SummerSlam. In the same building. Putting pressure on themselves to top...well, themselves.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE just announced that Jon Stewart will be hosting SummerSlam this Sunday.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE just announced that Jon Stewart will be hosting SummerSlam this Sunday.

Love him or hate him, that's a pretty darn big get for WWE especially considering this is his first(?) entertainment appearance since leaving the Daily Show. His stuff with Rollins has been entertaining over the last couple of months so I'm thinking he might be involved with him yet again.