• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING NEWS: Goodell to Increase Brady Suspension to One Year

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be in federal prison if it actually goes to court. Then people get subpoenaed and questions get answered with the truth. Tom Brady does NOT want the truth to come out.
.....Kato Kalin might know who did it........he found an UGG behind his trailer.....!

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
listen to how stupid you sound .. if you work for company acg and you get suspended or fired .. your telling me that acg cpmpany is going to say hey we know that your going to fight this in court so we wont suspend you or fire you until after the court case is over .. give me a break you know real life doesnt work that way

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
listen to how stupid you sound .. if you work for company acg and you get suspended or fired .. your telling me that acg cpmpany is going to say hey we know that your going to fight this in court so we wont suspend you or fire you until after the court case is over .. give me a break you know real life doesnt work that way

Simple question........when has the NFL ever been "real life"??

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't follow the process of the other cases that closely because I really don't give a shit, but if he does petition the league to "suspend" the suspension they probably will grant his request until the matter is settled in the courts because if they do not and he wins it could result in them having to "make good" to him in some manner. While petitioning is allowed as per the first amendment, it would be up to the NFL to agree to grant whatever it is he requests or not; it is NOT a fait accompli. If the charges were more serious in nature and not 'playing with his balls' the league could decide to suspend him with pay while the matter is decided in the legal system, but that really wouldn't be appropriate in this particular case IMO unless the league just wants to take a stand against these stupid lawsuits.

In most union matters, where the members aren't NFL players, it depends who starts the legal or appeal process. If the "defendant" does they likely will remain suspended without pay while the outcome of the matter is decided. It was after all their decision and thus it is not the employers fault that the employee is interested in an appeal. Where it can get tricky is when the employee wins. The hearing officer normally has a say in how the unpaid period gets handled if he wants to act on it. You can also pursue legal ways to fight the suspension after the fact if you feel it was inappropriate, but this too is not really applicable in NFL cases unless the employee is more concerned with the lost money than missing time.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't follow the process of the other cases that closely because I really don't give a shit, but if he does petition the league to "suspend" the suspension they probably will grant his request until the matter is settled in the courts because if they do not and he wins it could result in them having to "make good" to him in some manner. While petitioning is allowed as per the first amendment, it would be up to the NFL to agree to grant whatever it is he requests or not; it is NOT a fait accompli. If the charges were more serious in nature and not 'playing with his balls' the league could decide to suspend him with pay while the matter is decided in the legal system, but that really wouldn't be appropriate in this particular case IMO unless the league just wants to take a stand against these stupid lawsuits.

In most union matters, where the members aren't NFL players, it depends who starts the legal or appeal process. If the "defendant" does they likely will remain suspended without pay while the outcome of the matter is decided. It was after all their decision and thus it is not the employers fault that the employee is interested in an appeal. Where it can get tricky is when the employee wins. The hearing officer normally has a say in how the unpaid period gets handled if he wants to act on it. You can also pursue legal ways to fight the suspension after the fact if you feel it was inappropriate, but this too is not really applicable in NFL cases unless the employee is more concerned with the lost money than missing time.

Excellent post.

And you are spot on, the NFL is nothing like the real world.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It depends if you have any leverage against the company.. i.e. like discrimination, injuries, harassment etc.

And with that, your fight in court could be both successful and embarrassing. So in those cases, the company most certainly could make a deal.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends if you have any leverage against the company.. i.e. like discrimination, injuries, harassment etc.

And with that, your fight in court could be both successful and embarrassing. So in those cases, the company most certainly could make a deal.

He's a shop steward. so he's an expert on it. Just sayin'

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent post.

And you are spot on, the NFL is nothing like the real world.

But, the petition is not automatically approved (unless it's in the CBA that way). They have to agree to allow it. The NFL (Goodell) can simply be spiteful and say no if they so choose. While this could open them up to scrutiny or financial retribution after the fact, they can do it.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, the petition is not automatically approved (unless it's in the CBA that way). They have to agree to allow it. The NFL (Goodell) can simply be spiteful and say no if they so choose. While this could open them up to scrutiny or financial retribution after the fact, they can do it.

I'll have to go back and look, but my understanding is if it's granted it will carry the weight of the court issuing it.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i hate having to do my job when someone has an eeo filed against them .. that shit gets messy

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a shop steward. so he's an expert on it. Just sayin'

You know. I am actually talking non-union, so there's that. Although I think if you have a good legal grievance you might still have a shot. All I'm saying is companies will make deals if it's worthwhile enough for them to do so. You just never hear about it because silence is usually one of the conditions of such deals.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't even matter if it's a union shop or not

:suds:
and a good bit of the time the person that filed it wins ..cause most of the time its a woman filing against a guy .. so I just get em through the first part of the process and refer them to a good labor lawyer and go from there

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and a good bit of the time the person that filed it wins ..cause most of the time its a woman filing against a guy .. so I just get em through the first part of the process and refer them to a good labor lawyer and go from there

Worked for a company years ago where an office lady complained of a nude poster. In the mens locker room. In a persons locker.

Although it went nowhere since she couldn't explain how she knew it was there, girl pics were banned from that day forward.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate having to do my job when someone has an eeo filed against them .. that shit gets messy

EEO better off having them whacked, easier and no paperwork