• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

....... Sumlin, Manziel, TAMU

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In spite of the fact that A&M and Texas do not play each other anymore and are not even in the same conference, the fan bases will never stop being concerned with the other program. Its something that is in our DNA as a fan of those universities. On any given Saturday in the fall my two favorite teams are A&M and whoever plays Texas. I don't hide that fact. You, Charlie, (and other longhorns) try to say that A&M was never your rival, you don't care about A&M any more, and are glad to be rid of A&M. Then one of you horns fans starts this thread, or the one you linked, or feels the need to comment on threads about A&M. Its the hyprocry you horns fans are famous for.

Stop being a drama queen, nobody has even suggested Aggy isn't our rival. You're just not our top rival, it's OU. Always been that way; 11 NC's between both programs, it's 50/50 and it's pure hatred. Rarely do you find OU and UT grads in the same family, HOWEVER, you will always find UT and Aggy grads in the family. UT and Aggy have never really "hated" each other, just a dislike. The banter will always go on between both alumni and fans; you just don't kill over a 100 year old rivalry overnight between the alumni and fans.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop being a drama queen, nobody has even suggested Aggy isn't our rival. You're just not our top rival, it's OU. Always been that way; 11 NC's between both programs, it's 50/50 and it's pure hatred. Rarely do you find OU and UT grads in the same family, HOWEVER, you will always find UT and Aggy grads in the family. UT and Aggy have never really "hated" each other, just a dislike. The banter will always go on between both alumni and fans; you just don't kill over a 100 year old rivalry overnight between the alumni and fans.

Drama Queen, isn't that a course of study there at t.u. or is it Drag Queen?

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, what in my post lead you to call me a drama queen? All I did was point out that certain longhorn fans have asked for Aggie fans to not comment on Texas threads, claim they don't care about A&M anymore, barely gave a damn about A&M when the two were in the same conference, and accuse Aggie fans of being obsessed with the longhorns. Then those same longhorn fans start threads talking trash about A&M. If that doesn't scream hypocrite, I don't know what does. Hell, there is a ppossibility for Texas to be playing for the Big XII championship, but they decide to be more concerned with what A&M is paying Sumlin.

I call out a couple of you fellow longhorn fans as being hypocrites and prove it, and your response is to call me a drama queen?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In spite of the fact that A&M and Texas do not play each other anymore and are not even in the same conference, the fan bases will never stop being concerned with the other program. Its something that is in our DNA as a fan of those universities. On any given Saturday in the fall my two favorite teams are A&M and whoever plays Texas. I don't hide that fact. .

Agreed.
As I've oft stated: I hate rooting for OU sometimes when i need them to win so Texas can do better [like this week, in FACT], but I'll do it.

I'd rather Texas' chances for an Conf Championship or NCG berthe go up in flames before I ever root for Aggie.

I'd rather effing DIE!!!

:gaah:

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.
As I've oft stated: I hate rooting for OU sometimes when i need them to win so Texas can do better [like this week, in FACT], but I'll do it.

I'd rather Texas' chances for an Conf Championship or NCG berthe go up in flames before I ever root for Aggie.

I'd rather effing DIE!!!

:gaah:

I actually wanted Texas to win once, and they let me down. Mike Leach was such a piece of shit as a human being tyat I want Texas to beat Tech in 2008 (I Think thats the year) and Crabtree makes a TD late to win the game. Other than that, I can't remember a single time I wanted Texas to win.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never pulled for Texas to win but by the end of the year I always prefered to play a highly ranked minimal loss Texas team over an unranked team that was having a bad year. One thing about the rivalry was that upsets were never out of the question. Most of the time you can throw ranking out of the equations. Even during the lean years with Fran/Sherman.
Vince Young barely escaped Kyle before the NC.
The McCoy/Johnson shoot out in CS before the other NC.
12-6 win in Austin that killed tu's BCS hopes.
Derps long scramble that put a nail in the Coffin of Sermans career.
The Bonfire game.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for an answer as to the hype behind this clearly mediocre team?
3rd in SEC West, then 4th in SEC West, and has beaten exactly one decent team in two years of regular season play.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd in SEC West, then 4th in SEC West, and has beaten exactly one decent team in two years of regular season play.

Still calling a team that drilled you by 3 TD's this year "not decent" is funny. Calling your BIG12 co-champ "not decent" is also funny, unless of course you think they are the one decent team and therefore are calling the national champion Bama team last year "not decent".

Lastly, I don't see A&M getting a lot of hype. I see a player for A&M getting a lot of hype, but most people have written the team as a whole off as a defenseless pushover that wins because of a phenomenal QB.

Is El Texan the Texas equivalent of Sakau?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said 1 decent team in two years of regular season play. I know reading is hard, Aggie.

And yes, you beat a team so renown for bad play in big games they are called CHOKElahoma. Congrats.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still beating this dead horse of a trolling thread? You are really trying hard to get the up coming bowl game, the eembarrassing Mack Brown situation, and the rejection of all the coaches on your wish list off your mind.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe one day we can lose by 3TD's to a team that Texas beats...and then make fun of that team for being "not decent".

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe one day we can lose by 3TD's to a team that Texas beats...and then make fun of that team for being "not decent".

Great. You beat Ole Miss. Yay.
Have an answer yet?

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC letting TAMU be the #1 Offense last year with a rookie coach and QB is proof that "SEC DEFENSE" is a myth.

That has no bearing on whether TAMU deserves the megahype they are getting [since they are quite mediocre overall].

I hope you're less confused.

Funny that you mentioned that, I willing to bet you that Colt McCoy doesnt think the SEC defense is a myth, him and his bum shoulder to be exact.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that you mentioned that, I willing to bet you that Colt McCoy doesnt think the SEC defense is a myth, him and his bum shoulder to be exact.

BOOM!

Even LaTigra and Bunny wouldn't like that boom.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that you mentioned that, I willing to bet you that Colt McCoy doesn't think the SEC defense is a myth, him and his bum shoulder to be exact.

lmao. a one-off freak accident injury where he was barely touched. good lord, you sycophants are laughable.