• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

....... Sumlin, Manziel, TAMU

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TAMU has beaten exactly 1 decent team in two years of regular season play. They have lost to EVERY even decent team they have played otherwise.

They have a bowl win over a team so renown for their epically bad "big game" play that they are literally nicknamed "CHOKElahoma."

TAMU was 3rd in their division last year and 4th this.

$4 Million/Year coach? Crazy amounts of media coverage?

I have no idea what the basis is for the hype behind this clearly mediocre team.

Last edited by a moderator:

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Texas...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 thread people are talking about the success of A&M and Missouri as being proof the SEC isn't the top conference. In this thread it's saying A&M sucks and has had no real success.

#confused.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 thread people are talking about the success of A&M and Missouri as being proof the SEC isn't the top conference. In this thread it's saying A&M sucks and has had no real success.

#confused.

The SEC letting TAMU be the #1 Offense last year with a rookie coach and QB is proof that "SEC DEFENSE" is a myth.

That has no bearing on whether TAMU deserves the megahype they are getting [since they are quite mediocre overall].

I hope you're less confused.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC letting TAMU be the #1 Offense last year with a rookie coach and QB is proof that "SEC DEFENSE" is a myth.

That has no bearing on whether TAMU deserves the megahype they are getting [since they are quite mediocre overall].

19789999.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I said confused, it was being sarcastic. I really meant I think these arguments are stupid and have no real bearing on reality. But as for SEC defense, the SEC did best against A&M than anyone, and the majority of the yards A&M got last year weren't against top SEC defenses. Even when they "scorched" Alabama, they scored less than 30.

Hopefully you're less confused.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over an 8-game span, a previously very mediocre team with a new coach, new scheme, and rookie QB should not be the #1 Offense [#5 in the Nation, if I recall], in any conference that is "Dominant in Defense" as the SEC sycophants claim.
TAMU was.
Therefore, "SEC DEFENSE" is a myth.

It's called Modus tollens. It's an air tight syllogism. Get an education.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over an 8-game span, a previously very mediocre team with a new coach, new scheme, and rookie QB should not be the #1 Offense [#5 in the Nation, if I recall], in any conference that is "Dominant in Defense" as the SEC sycophants claim.
TAMU was.
Therefore, "SEC DEFENSE" is a myth.

It's called Modus tollens. It's an air tight syllogism. Get an education.

kiss my ass

if the coach, scheme and rookie qb had played in the other conference, we'd have something to compare it too and you could make your case

but we don't

take your butthurt elsewhere

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kiss my ass

if the coach, scheme and rookie qb had played in the other conference, we'd have something to compare it too and you could make your case

but we don't

take your butthurt elsewhere

We do have something to compare too, the Oklahoma bowl game which wasn't even close. Yet of course the OP just outright dismisses that game.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do have something to compare too, the Oklahoma bowl game which wasn't even close. Yet of course the OP just outright dismisses that game.

Yes, outright, they are CHOKElahoma for a reason, and even if that weren't true [which it is, famously], you can't compare one game to an 8-game-conference-season that winds up with tamu as the #1 offense in the conf and proves the myth of "SEC D"

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, outright, they are CHOKElahoma for a reason, and even if that weren't true [which it is, famously], you can't compare one game to an 8-game-conference-season that winds up with tamu as the #1 offense in the conf and proves the myth of "SEC D"

People call them chokelahoma because it's an easy play on words. They didn't seem to choke that badly when they beat the shit outta Texas last year, or ran over most of the Big12 enough to be co-champs.

I guess Texas just isn't a big game for Oklahoma.

And again, as for SEC defenses you fail to look at individual games like LSU and Florida who handled A&M's offense easily. Even against Alabama they failed to score more than 30 points, and 21 of those came in the 1st quarter before Alabama adjusted.

As usual you prove yourself to be ignorant of reality.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, as for SEC defenses you fail to look at individual games like LSU and Florida who handled A&M's offense easily. Even against Alabama they failed to score more than 30 points, and 21 of those came in the 1st quarter before Alabama adjusted.

They were the #1 offense in the conf! what point are you trying to argue? NUMBER ONE!!!

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For UT to not care about A&M anymore they sure do care about A&M.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For UT to not care about A&M anymore they sure do care about A&M.

That's what I was thinking as well. Hey, at least in common opponents between A&M and OP's team, A&M beat that inferior opponent...that drilled Texas. Wonder if Texas thought Ole Miss was "decent" when they were losing by 3 TD's to them?

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TAMU has beaten exactly 1 decent team in two years of regular season play. They have lost to EVERY even decent team they have played otherwise.

They have a bowl win over a team so renown for their epically bad "big game" play that they are literally nicknamed "CHOKElahoma."

I have no idea what the basis is for the hype behind this clearly mediocre team.

Shouldn't you be more concerned with Baylor this week? Or have you already given up hope?

Shouldn't you be more concerned with the state of the football program at Texas? How many quality wins does Texas have in the last 3 years? Remember, you can't use CHOKElahoma. How many QBs from Texas (or any player for that matter) has generated any interest on a national level? How much is Texas paying Mack for his mediocre job the last 3 years?

I understand that your jealous and butthurt about A&M passing Texas in terms of media attention, national interest, and direction of the team, but you need to be more worried about how Texas can get better and less worried about talking crap about A&M.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it, a&m is back to losing 4 games a year, and they had to overpay the coach just because the USC job was open. And to top it off, their savior is leaving.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why in the NC game for the past 7 years the SEC defense dominated the game...that would be four different SEC teams....have a nice day and maybe take a couple of aspirin and a nap.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I made this comment before. Texas ATM had wanted to move to the SEC for a long time. No idea why. More money, to attract a big time coach, get out of Texas's shadow, who knows. Now it could be a case of "be careful of what you wish for." The SEC is tougher than nails. It is so easy to have a good football team and end up with 3 or 4 losses. Hell, you can have an excellent team and end up with 1 loss.(Alabama this year) Sumlin has done a good job, but he still hasn't really proven anything. He may go on to be the greatest coach of all time, or he could fade. It was a little early to extend his contract. He has pretty much inherited all the players including last years Heisman trophy winner. I know the defense wasn't that good, but with their offense, they still had an overall good team and finish 8-4. In the long run, a good team that finishes 8-4 will not get the 5 star players. The 5 star players want to play for a winner in a major conference before anything else. Some have to go to lesser schools because of academic standards or they've been in trouble with the law and no decent program will take them, but in the end they want play for winners and they really don't care what conference you play in.

Texas ATM is a great school with great tradition that is second to none. Hell, my wife graduated from their with an engineering degree. The doors that school has opened for her is unbelievable, but in the end, it's in College Station, Tx. That has always been a negative. The new stadium is nice, but It's so hard to recruit inner city kids to College Station, Tx. Maybe that's an avenue Sumlin can open, but it's still going to tough. They have a very short window. My gut tells me they better have a conference championship in the next few years or they will face an uphill battle in the long run.