• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suits

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you give, you get back.

I follow some pretty basic premises for life:

1) People suck

2) People are stupid

3) People are unreliable

But..."people" is a very general term, as any given "individual" can be an exception to these rules. But on the whole, these rules are rock solid for life.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I follow some pretty basic premises for life:

1) People suck

2) People are stupid

3) People are unreliable

But..."people" is a very general term, as any given "individual" can be an exception to these rules. But on the whole, these rules are rock solid for life.

Sure but here's the rub

Q is a person. So essentially what you're saying is

Q sucks

Q is stupid

Q is unreliable

What you give, you get back. :)

I think it was Superbelt at KFFL who had the sig line (paraphrasing), the common denominator in all your failed relationships is YOU.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but here's the rub

Q is a person. So essentially what you're saying is

Q sucks

Q is stupid

Q is unreliable

What you give, you get back. :)

I think it was Superbelt at KFFL who had the sig line (paraphrasing), the common denominator in all your failed relationships is YOU.

Not exactly, that's the whole concept about individuals being the exception.

Allow me to clarify:

Basically, always bet the field, don't bet on the exceptions (that a certain individual is not those 3 things).

So yes, you should assume I'm those 3 things until I prove to you otherwise. It's smart playing in life.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly, that's the whole concept about individuals being the exception.

Allow me to clarify:

Basically, always bet the field, don't bet on the exceptions (that a certain individual is not those 3 things).

So yes, you should assume I'm those 3 things until I prove to you otherwise. It's smart playing in life.

The only way you surround yourself with people who aren't like that is if you seek them out, and if you bring something to the table yourself.

What you're describing is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you expect people to be shit, you will seek out and find shit people.

It's you.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way you surround yourself with people who aren't like that is if you seek them out, and if you bring something to the table yourself.

What you're describing is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you expect people to be shit, you will seek out and find shit people.

It's you.

I've actually spent a lot of time the last few years trying to add different people to the group.

I don't pretend i'm not a flawed human being.

But Im' loyal to a fault...buttttt I hold people to unbelievably high standards. I've had professional/business mentors and ex-gfs both say the same thing.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've actually spent a lot of time the last few years trying to add different people to the group.

I don't pretend i'm not a flawed human being.

But Im' loyal to a fault...buttttt I hold people to unbelievably high standards. I've had professional/business mentors and ex-gfs both say the same thing.

I get it, I just don't engage people much anymore at all. But that's MY choice.

At any rate, I think it's something you just have to go through. When you're on the 5th or 6th girlfriend (or second wife) and the same patterns keep repeating, you end up looking the only place you can look, in a mirror.

My ah-ha moment was realizing that while I'm loyal to a fault too, I just pre-emptively check out emotionally, and let the other person pull the pin.

The types of women I SHOULD be involved with, I find boring and unattractive.

So I choose Kryptonite every time out.

Which is on me.

---

Self analysis for 1000 Alex!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, I just don't engage people much anymore at all. But that's MY choice.

At any rate, I think it's something you just have to go through. When you're on the 5th or 6th girlfriend (or second wife) and the same patterns keep repeating, you end up looking the only place you can look, in a mirror.

My ah-ha moment was realizing that while I'm loyal to a fault too, I just pre-emptively check out emotionally, and let the other person pull the pin.

The types of women I SHOULD be involved with, I find boring and unattractive.

So I choose Kryptonite every time out.

Which is on me.

---

Self analysis for 1000 Alex!

I can relate to a lot of that. I dont' engage with many people, I'm really trying to just engage more with people who think more like me, read the same books as me. Have similar dreams etc.

although things usually don't get far enough with girls to really matter.

Kenny

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a great finale. Can't wait for Season 7 now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a great finale. Can't wait for Season 7 now.
It was a decent conclusion to the whole arc. So is Mike now a Jr partner? He has the #2 office now. How is Louis going to feel about a jr getting the office he has always had his eyes on?

So the clinic will be fully funded now by Mike? How will Nate react to that, basically getting bought out?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a decent conclusion to the whole arc. So is Mike now a Jr partner? He has the #2 office now. How is Louis going to feel about a jr getting the office he has always had his eyes on?

So the clinic will be fully funded now by Mike? How will Nate react to that, basically getting bought out?

Pretty sure he'll be thrilled.

He funded it for 2 years. Not perpetually.

And he gets to do more of those help the weak and pathetic cases he has been dying to do.

Kenny

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hoping they can get back to working on cases again like the earlier seasons. No more clinic or Oliver, no more Tara, and no more Donna box.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hoping they can get back to working on cases again like the earlier seasons. No more clinic or Oliver, no more Tara, and no more Donna box.
First, I hope they have an entire season dedicated to Donna's box...

Second, it looks like she quit in that last episode, so now SHE will be out-and-about this season, looking for her next calling.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I hope they have an entire season dedicated to Donna's box...

Second, it looks like she quit in that last episode, so now SHE will be out-and-about this season, looking for her next calling.

Take the damn money. Then you can go figure out whatever you need.

But they already did the Donna leaves Harvey. So this sounds pretty meh already.

But man....poor Louis.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Small point.

don't think that's the #2 office. Harvey had that office in episode 1...when he wasn't even a senior partner. Louis is also in the same office he's been in from the beginning IIRC. Don't forget Harvey's office is a decent walk from Jessica's. I think Louis is actually closer, although maybe that's just my own assumption. It just seems like it lol.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small point.

don't think that's the #2 office. Harvey had that office in episode 1...when he wasn't even a senior partner. Louis is also in the same office he's been in from the beginning IIRC. Don't forget Harvey's office is a decent walk from Jessica's. I think Louis is actually closer, although maybe that's just my own assumption. It just seems like it lol.
Louis changed offices when he became a Sr Partner. He used to have a wall office, not a corner. I think Mike took his old office (???). I also seem to remember Louis always angling to get Harvey's office. I suspect Harvey got that office as a negotiating ploy since he was always a big earner and Jesica's personal pet.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louis changed offices when he became a Sr Partner. He used to have a wall office, not a corner. I think Mike took his old office (???). I also seem to remember Louis always angling to get Harvey's office. I suspect Harvey got that office as a negotiating ploy since he was always a big earner and Jesica's personal pet.

Perhaps.

I guess the question is who has Daniel Hardman's old office? Cause that would be the #2 office.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps.

I guess the question is who has Daniel Hardman's old office? Cause that would be the #2 office.
They never did mention anything about that office. They haven't rented any of the wall offices, have they? They only rented out the internal areas of the floor, right?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They never did mention anything about that office. They haven't rented any of the wall offices, have they? They only rented out the internal areas of the floor, right?

From what I understand, yes.

My point was I think Louis will be fine with Mike taking that office. He admitted that Harvey should be MP anyway. So taking that seat leaves his office open.

Kenny

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand, yes.

My point was I think Louis will be fine with Mike taking that office. He admitted that Harvey should be MP anyway. So taking that seat leaves his office open.

Now that he's lost Tara, I can see him going back to being bitter again. He will probably bud heads with Harvey trying to become the MP.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that he's lost Tara, I can see him going back to being bitter again. He will probably bud heads with Harvey trying to become the MP.

Perhaps.

Having Katrina around will help. He badly missed her.

Did they ever say what happened to the associates they brought over from Zane's firm?